Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Man, this would be a great kids show!
    Thank you! Thinking about it made me realize how good of a concept "Wishbone" was back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    THE PHANTOM ZONE. Each week the Phantom Stranger introduces another strange tale from the . . . Phantom Zone.
    I was thinking about a sitcom where the 'Zoners keep ineffectually trying to escape the zone. The flaw is that it's focused on the bad guys, and making the audience rejoice in their failure. So I guess it'd have to work kinda like that old movie "the Villain" or Wile E. Coyote.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I was thinking about a sitcom where the 'Zoners keep ineffectually trying to escape the zone. The flaw is that it's focused on the bad guys, and making the audience rejoice in their failure. So I guess it'd have to work kinda like that old movie "the Villain" or Wile E. Coyote.
    Only if one of them has a catch phrase. Something like "I'm in The Zone!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I actually think a Jimmy Olsen show where he's essentially a YouTuber and intern at the World's leading newspaper in the city of Tomorrow could be great fun. Make it youthful, extremely irreverent and take no prisoners. Clark would be someone Jimmy hangs out with from time-to-time, but he'd be treated as a separate character to Superman (who we only hear about or see in pictures, never in person). He'd even join Jimmy on some hijinx and appear out of his depth.

Make this a completely silver-age show down in the modern day. I may or may not be ripping off the new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Super Sons.

Seriously surprised it hasn't been greenlit for an animated series yet.
    I’d be surprised if Superman, Jr and Batman, Jr are actually remembered by that many people. I’d really like to see them used more too, though.

Supergirl, Krypton, that upcoming Lex and Lois show or whatever, we may all want, desperately want, another proper live action Superman show, but sad fact is we won't get it. So, in light of this, what kind of Superman show without Superman would you like to see?
    So now that we are going to get an actual live action Superman TV show after all, does this kill any plans for a Superman-less live action TV show, or could someone still move forward with one?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So now that we are going to get an actual live action Superman TV show after all, does this kill any plans for a Superman-less live action TV show, or could someone still move forward with one?
    I wouldn't see the point. These Superman-less shows were likely planned because, the prospect of having a Superman show was likely off the table. But this is no longer the case so there isn't really any reason to go forward with them, when you can have a show actually focused on the man himself instead of his supporting characters, who are likely to be in the Superman show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I wouldn't see the point. These Superman-less shows were likely planned because, the prospect of having a Superman show was likely off the table. But this is no longer the case so there isn't really any reason to go forward with them, when you can have a show actually focused on the man himself instead of his supporting characters, who are likely to be in the Superman show anyway.
    Pretty much. Shame this show means we won't be getting a Superman movie again for the foreseeable future.

Pretty much. Shame this show means we won't be getting a Superman movie again for the foreseeable future.
    Probably why they are doing a TV show. So WB can maintain the rights to Superman. I am guessing a Superman movie was on hold anyway.

Me, I think a Reign of the Supermen series could work well. Set after the Death of Superman (which we only get to see snippets of the fight, like on news reports and flashbacks throughout the first season), we focus on characters like Lois, Steel, and Superboy, and even do some episodes from the point of view of Cyborg Superman and the Eradicator, each doing their own thing and shaping the new Metropolis around them. We'd even see a few ruined streets and destroyed buildings from the Doomsday fight in the background and the rebuilding process taking place. Like little hints of just how epic a fight that must have been, but you know, without making us watch Superman die again for the umpteenth time.
    A lot would get changed along the way, but that's expected. The biggest problem with this to me is it can't last more than 2 seasons. Maybe only 1. Unless you want really massive changes with Superman gone much longer and the world actually moving on. It's a month-long period. It's a very closed and finite story. I'm afraid stretching it out would ruin it. For example, I think Smallville went on way too long. I quit the series long before it ended. It had a set endpoint and felt very hamster-wheel (running around going nowhere) and like character growth stalled several times (to be fair, I quit watching it at least twice before the last time only to return when other shows were in reruns, so I wasn't the absolute most devoted fan). But it was popular enough it made them a lot of money and they kept doing it - very understandable from a business perspective, but disappointing for me personally. I don't mind an episodic show with no over-reaching arc, but I hate getting stalled when I feel like a show is supposed to be going somewhere.

Yeah, I think, if you're going to do a Superman-less Superman show, setting it post-Death of Superman is a a good bet, although I'd stretch out Superman's resurrection out over the course of 5 seasons with Lois, Jimmy, Lex, Supergirl, and Maggie Sawyer as the main leads.
    Way too long for me. But I can't see anyone aiming for less than 5 years for any story. But it'd have to be so different to manage 5 seasons without feeling like tons of padding.

A Metropolis show revolving around Maggie Sawyer and Dan Turpin as the city struggles with the arrival of super powered criminals and the machinations of Lex Luthor.
    Could work.

My pitches would be Jimmy Olsen (the original Superman without Superman story).
    I could go with that - what period in his life and what characterization matter to me. I still think he works better as a reporter than a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    A Superwoman show would be great. I mean she barely has any connection to the Supergirl show.

Supersons. Animated Jimmy Olsen are some ideas i can think of right away.

If i am allowed to cheat a bit, i would really like to see a 'Secret Identity' show, based on that comic series. Superman is a fictional character. And one kid named Clark Kent finds out he has powers of Superman. Let each season focus on one phase of his life. Chlldhood. Finding job. Marriage. Becoming father. A government trying to capture him. Last season shall focus on his old age. Secret Identity is a book which can't be given justice in one movie. It works better as a series with 3-4 seasons with four five episodes per season.

A Kandor show can work imo. How does a city live when its trapped inside a bottle? With almost no hope of being restored? How are the residents doing when they know that their own planet is long gone with friends and families lost with it? Superman Emergency Squad shall play prominent roles. Guest appearances from Superman, Jimmy Olsen, Batman, etc are desirable.

A Secret Identity miniseries is the easiest layup for “prestige” Superman show WB could have. It would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    A Superwoman show would be great. I mean she barely has any connection to the Supergirl show.
    A Lucy vs Lois Superwoman show could be amazing... or awful, depends...

A Steel tv show could be fun. Him following Supes's example but wanting to be his own man is a fun hook.