Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A Steel tv show could be fun. Him following Supes's example but wanting to be his own man is a fun hook.
    That could be interesting. Specially to erase that Shaq memory.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fraction's current SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN as an FX show.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That could be interesting. Specially to erase that Shaq memory.
    I'd be on-board with Shaq being part of a new Steel production. Maybe he shouldn't be John Henry Irons, but in limited roles, I think he's a functional actor. Plus, his presence can help boost the project's profile.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'd be on-board with Shaq being part of a new Steel production. Maybe he shouldn't be John Henry Irons, but in limited roles, I think he's a functional actor. Plus, his presence can help boost the project's profile.
    Could play that one black superhero from New Frontier who acts as a quasi Steel forerunner in a flashback episode.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I thought Shaq's acting was fine and the overall movie was good, it's just that it doesn't feel right story wise to have his as a solo character.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    A Lucy vs Lois Superwoman show could be amazing... or awful, depends...
    I guess it depends on which Earth you set it on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I guess it depends on which Earth you set it on.
    In the main universe there was a Superwoman who was Lois Lane's Army brat sister.(I say Army brat because she was a brat who joined the Army.) Lucy had a hybrid power set mixing Kryptonian DNA with that of a few other races... kinda like the process that made Cell in DBZ actually. So she had Kryptonian powers, but she could also fire purple lightning from her hands and stuff. And much like how Cell fought Saiyans, Lucy got into fights with Kryptonians.... Mostly Kara Zor-El.

But a show where normal reporter Lois has powers, Lucy could make for an interesting antagonist.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Fraction's current SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN as an FX show.
    Pitch it to them. I'd watch it and buy the Blu-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pitch it to them. I'd watch it and buy the Blu-Ray.
    A reporter/cop drama set in Metropolis could be really good.

Astonishing Member

Aside from that Phantom Zone thing, no one's suggested a villain show yet. Hmm . . .

Metropolis's Most Wanted-

When most people think of Superman's enemies, they think it's all criminal mastermind's and world-beating monsters. But the reality is that Metropolis is full of villains with a million different powers and gimmicks just trying to make a big score, gain some notoriety and survive in the City of Tomorrow. The show follows four super-villains as they plan crimes, avoid Superman, the cops and Lex Luthor (who seems to think he can use any villain in the city as his henchman/distraction du jour) and meet up for weekly poker games to trade notes and try to fleece each other of as much money as they can. Oswald Loomis, the spotlight-loving Prankster who sees crime as his own kind of city-wide performance art. Rudy Jones, lazy mooch turned energy-draining Parasite. Likes to blame everyone else for his own problems. Dr. Frederick Frankenstein aka Riot, a scatter-brained mad scientist whose ambitions don't rank much higher than robbing every bank in the city at the same time (which he could do if his duplication powers weren't threatening to drive him crazier). And Leslie Willis, a loud-mouthed electrically powered Livewire who commits crime for the thrill of it. Will any of them ever be able to pull off a big score? Will Parasite ever pay back that fifty bucks he owes to Livewire? Who knows?

(I took some liberties with Riot's powers and personality, but I figured no one would care because it's just Riot).

Well, also Livewire, she's not the sort to do crimes just to get money. She cares more about media recognition.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, also Livewire, she's not the sort to do crimes just to get money. She cares more about media recognition.
    Yeah, I made her more of a thrill-chaser villain. Like she's in it more for the adrenaline rush. But I needed a girl for the cast and I didn't want her to have the same "performance" type of view as Prankster (who I included because he's my favorite Superman villain). Maybe I should have used Silver Banshee instead. Or some kind of alien. I didn't include any alien villains in the cast (one of the neat things about Superman's RG is that he has almost every kind of villain there is. Masterminds. Gimmick villains. Science freaks. Aliens. Magical monsters, etc.).

I don't think any of them are particularly averse to media attention anyway. They wear gaudy costumes for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Yeah, I made her more of a thrill-chaser villain. Like she's in it more for the adrenaline rush. But I needed a girl for the cast and I didn't want her to have the same "performance" type of view as Prankster (who I included because he's my favorite Superman villain). Maybe I should have used Silver Banshee instead. Or some kind of alien. I didn't include any alien villains in the cast (one of the neat things about Superman's RG is that he has almost every kind of villain there is. Masterminds. Gimmick villains. Science freaks. Aliens. Magical monsters, etc.).

I don't think any of them are particularly averse to media attention anyway. They wear gaudy costumes for a reason.
    Superman has such a diverse array of villains(both in powers, origins, and motives) that almost any 5 would make an interesting team. I mean, teaming Toyman with Blackrock... they really don't have ANYTHING in common. One's a human genius from Earth, the other is a super-alien from who knows where?(seriously, did anyone ever say where the Blackrock came from?) But having a team where Toyman is the brains and Blackrock the muscle(it's not dumb, just not exactly a tech genius) could be very interesting. Might also be interesting to play up how the Blackrock has a super-sense that's kinda like the ability to hear the entire EM spectrum.

If I had to do a Supergirl reboot, I'd based it on the early New 52 run. I liked the idea of her being "fresh off the boat" and to her Krypton just exploded. So I'm interested in the culture shock etc. A long term goal was to incorporate aspects of Power Girl into her arc.

Supes could be handled the traditional way- she's expecting Kal-el to be 5 or so but finds him to be an adult superhero. Or you could just deal with him being 5 and Kara has to figure out what to do next while he grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If I had to do a Supergirl reboot, I'd based it on the early New 52 run. I liked the idea of her being "fresh off the boat" and to her Krypton just exploded. So I'm interested in the culture shock etc. A long term goal was to incorporate aspects of Power Girl into her arc.

Supes could be handled the traditional way- she's expecting Kal-el to be 5 or so but finds him to be an adult superhero. Or you could just deal with him being 5 and Kara has to figure out what to do next while he grows up.
    Honestly Galatea was a good idea in how to do Powergirl while not having her as an alt-U character. One thing to remember is that Galatea wasn't really created to be evil. She was created to be a HERO, but created by people(CADMUS) who wanted to force the JL to hero their way.