Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I just re-read the first arc and must add it's better in one sitting. Diana wasn't doubting herself, she was doubting Ares, his transformation into an ally and their way going forward. She's not as sure of herself as I would like but it's certainly not another "Who am I?" arc.
    Yeah, being thrown by unexpected situations and having to adjust is not doubting yourself. That's hyperbole.

She still calls out Ares as having not learned his lesson, and resolves the feud with Cale once she discovers what Nemesis is doing.

Yeah. I don't think Diana is doubting herself. She is quite possibly asking herself if she managed to navigate and improve Man's World to the best of her ability, but those are entirely fair questions to ask after the various poor runs she has had lately.

Better writing could have made that clearer, but then it'd have run the risk of being too preachy. But mainly I think Nord's poor way of depicting Diana's face and posture contributes to presenting her as insecure and doubting herself.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])