Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    How did spoilers:
    Lois saying 'Hi, honey'
    end of spoilers not raise a Jimmy-brow at the very least?

There's a lot going on here but I do like that Kelex keeps tabs on things (or can pull info on things quickly) and Superman can access places pretty easily (although that raises other issues).

Is the Triangle-fortress is only one at the moment (I've kind of lost track lately)?
    Jimmy is a mess right now, so I doubt he's registering half of whats going on around him. I wouldn't be surprised though if they eventually let him in on the secret. It'd make sense and it's not like he's being protected from danger by not knowing. I've always thought Perry, Lois, and Jimmy should all be brought in on it sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I see the Durance similarities now that you have pointed them out.

I LOVE Clark's disguise.
    She does kinda right? Glad it's not just me. I'll have to go back to see if that realization reframes any of her actions in the prior issues, I think off the top of my head Lois and Jimmy's interactions in 1008 also seem very Durancey, as was her funeral comment to Jimmy here. The fast talking, kinda quippy, and a little impulsive (which I guess fits a lot of interpretations of Lois) really struck me as a Smallville like take on her here. Knocking Waller out definitely is what drove it home for me though!

This was absolutely amazing, the best Bendis Superman issue so far. Question! Director Bones! Chaz! That was some Silver Age stuff right there, I LMAO seeing that panel. We get to see Waller finally get the punch to the face she’s had coming for a long time. My guess is that the person on the Event Leviathan cover who looks like Dr. Doom has taken over Leviathan. Really looking forward to Lois and Clark going undercover.

Wow, great issue! I wasn't sold on this arc until now. If Bendis keeps this level, this can be a kick ass story. Also, Epting did an excellent job
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    How did spoilers:
    Lois saying 'Hi, honey'
    end of spoilers not raise a Jimmy-brow at the very least?

There's a lot going on here but I do like that Kelex keeps tabs on things (or can pull info on things quickly) and Superman can access places pretty easily (although that raises other issues).

Is the Triangle-fortress is only one at the moment (I've kind of lost track lately)?
    I was actually under the impression that Jimmy is still "in on the secret" but he was keeping up appearances in front of Waller.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

God, this was so good! I love Chaz, Agent of Spyral! I love Superman having all kinds of identities around the world.

Epting is also really nailing the perfect aesthetic and tone for this book.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Can we take a second and talk about how cool the idea that Lois and Clark are SOOOOOOOO freakin baller that they both can apparently casually hold secret lives as super spies is??

I just realized this is what Bendis meant when he said Lois and Clark would be sort of like Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Lois and Clark just shot up like 100 cool points, man.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I was actually under the impression that Jimmy is still "in on the secret" but he was keeping up appearances in front of Waller.
    I think they're keeping it vague. Jimmy knows, but plays up that he doesn't know, with Lois & Clark kinda knowing that he knows, but nobody really wants to address who knows what because it's simpler this way

Honestly they should just have Jimmy know. Him knowing in the New 52 was great. It’s dumb when Superman’s supposed Pal is the only one who doesn’t know his greatest secret. Besides it’s not like him not knowing has produced any great stories recently or whatever.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He's going to appear throughout his story and in a new book so whether he knows or not, we'll see what whichever idea can produce.

I think he's a funny character, and a lot funnier when he doesn't know. His bit at the end here was my favorite part about his appearance.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

VIC SAGE!!!! I could just hear the JLU parallels and Jeffery Combs Voice when he was there the word “Prudent” nailed that comparison home for me, I could definitely see some Smallville Durance Lois the past few issues and we know thanks to Snyder that Lionel Luthor was at one time like his Smallville Iteration, I’m wondering if Lex is next
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Can we take a second and talk about how cool the idea that Lois and Clark are SOOOOOOOO freakin baller that they both can apparently casually hold secret lives as super spies is??

I just realized this is what Bendis meant when he said Lois and Clark would be sort of like Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Lois and Clark just shot up like 100 cool points, man.
    Yeah, this issue did a great job highlighting just how dialed in to fighting crime Superman is via his visiting the DEO, dealing with Waller, dropping in at the Batcave, chatting with the question and his and Lois' other lives.

The "hi, honey" thing threw me for a loop too, if only because Jimmy was there.

It was a great issue, but am I the only one bothered by the fact that Spyral is the spy faction Lois and Clark will infiltrate ? I mean, they are supposed to have the Hypnos impants and be super-committed to their tasks (except if it has/is being retconned). Checkmate would have mde more sense, IMHO.

But other than that and "Hi honey", another great issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    VIC SAGE!!!! I could just hear the JLU parallels and Jeffery Combs Voice when he was there the word “Prudent” nailed that comparison home for me, I could definitely see some Smallville Durance Lois the past few issues and we know thanks to Snyder that Lionel Luthor was at one time like his Smallville Iteration, I’m wondering if Lex is next
    I was reading Jeffrey Combs as well. He came across totally like JLU Question, although the fantastic art definitely felt very Denny/Denys, even though it's less stylized.

The notion of Vic being back is so strange after the HUGE journey of Fifty-Two and all the Montoya stuff after, but it's the sort of strangeness that makes me curious to read more and see it reconciled somewhere.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I was reading Jeffrey Combs as well. He came across totally like JLU Question, although the fantastic art definitely felt very Denny/Denys, even though it's less stylized.

The notion of Vic being back is so strange after the HUGE journey of Fifty-Two and all the Montoya stuff after, but it's the sort of strangeness that makes me curious to read more and see it reconciled somewhere.
    I dont think DC would find it Prudent to explain how he’s back, Like the Elongated Man, I fear it shall remain an Unanswered Question...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

All-New Member

Hey everyone,

Bendis brought me back to Superman. I am really enjoying his stuff so far. Especially Superman's ''voice''. To my own surprise.

I have a question as someone coming back to Supes: Just what is the ''official'' status of Superman, Lois and Clark to the world?
    Last I read, Lois and Clark were married. Now I'm trying to figure out if they are married but Jon is Superman's son, yet Clark adopted him?
    And that kiss in public?
    I am really confused about that part... Lol!

Thanks a lot!

Patrick