Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Bullonir View Post
    Hey everyone,

Bendis brought me back to Superman. I am really enjoying his stuff so far. Especially Superman's ''voice''. To my own surprise.

I have a question as someone coming back to Supes: Just what is the ''official'' status of Superman, Lois and Clark to the world?
    Last I read, Lois and Clark were married. Now I'm trying to figure out if they are married but Jon is Superman's son, yet Clark adopted him?
    And that kiss in public?
    I am really confused about that part... Lol!

Thanks a lot!

Patrick
    Welcome! The new dynamic of their marriage hasn't really been settled yet, so we're all a little confused. Lois will be accused of an affair with Superman in the upcoming Lois Lane book based off of a photo of that kiss, and the conversation where they were discussing Jon and Lois going into space with Jor El was overheard so presumably that will come out as well. So there's definitely some uncertainty to everything. But Lois and Clark are still "100% together and 100% in love" per Bendis and he's said they won't be breaking up "on any level." The stepfather element is one theory on how this could be resolved within that type of context. But nothing is confirmed. Lois has also told her father that Clark is Superman essentially.

How this all shakes out is likely going to be the next big arc of his run after this first year stories are wrapped up and Event Leviathan as he's promised another status quo shift in how the family deals with each other and presents itself.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-28-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullonir View Post
    Hey everyone,

Bendis brought me back to Superman. I am really enjoying his stuff so far. Especially Superman's ''voice''. To my own surprise.

I have a question as someone coming back to Supes: Just what is the ''official'' status of Superman, Lois and Clark to the world?
    Last I read, Lois and Clark were married. Now I'm trying to figure out if they are married but Jon is Superman's son, yet Clark adopted him?
    And that kiss in public?
    I am really confused about that part... Lol!

Thanks a lot!

Patrick
    They’re still Married, Jon is still their son, its just Lois has ‘decided’ it may be better for the world to know her marriage to superman and that Jon is his son, legally making “Clark Kent” someone who just co-habitates to help Superman and Lois seem inconspicuous
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    They’re still Married, Jon is still their son, its just Lois has ‘decided’ it may be better for the world to know her marriage to superman and that Jon is his son, legally making “Clark Kent” someone who just co-habitates to help Superman and Lois seem inconspicuous
    We actually have no idea what Lois has decided beyond taking a little time away from Clark to write her book. The above is still speculation. When Bendis gave that 100% together 100% in love answer, it was about Lois and Clark, not Lois and Superman. If she's dealing with being accused of cheating and sullying Superman in her own book, that doesn't sound like her relationship with Clark will be cast aside for Superman. Jon is a different matter. he can be the son of Supes and the step son of Clark without affecting his parents' marital relationship.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    We actually have no idea what Lois has decided beyond taking a little time away from Clark to write her book. The above is still speculation. When Bendis gave that 100% together 100% in love answer, it was about Lois and Clark, not Lois and Superman. If she's dealing with being accused of cheating and sullying Superman in her own book, that doesn't sound like her relationship with Clark will be cast aside for Superman. Jon is a different matter. he can be the son of Supes and the step son of Clark without affecting his parents' marital relationship.
    We also know Clarks heard the details already through Cat. So if it was truly a ground breaking thing I'd expect Bendis to highlight it a bit more than a throw a way line.

All-New Member

Thanks to all who replied!

Greatly appreciated!! Even though it’s still confusing! ��

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Welcome! The new dynamic of their marriage hasn't really been settled yet, so we're all a little confused. Lois will be accused of an affair with Superman in the upcoming Lois Lane book based off of a photo of that kiss, and the conversation where they were discussing Jon and Lois going into space with Jor El was overheard so presumably that will come out as well. So there's definitely some uncertainty to everything. But Lois and Clark are still "100% together and 100% in love" per Bendis and he's said they won't be breaking up "on any level." The stepfather element is one theory on how this could be resolved within that type of context. But nothing is confirmed. Lois has also told her father that Clark is Superman essentially.

How this all shakes out is likely going to be the next big arc of his run after this first year stories are wrapped up and Event Leviathan as he's promised another status quo shift in how the family deals with each other and presents itself.

Has Bendis said at what point in his timeline does this take place? Is Jon still with Jor-El in Action, but back on Earth in Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Has Bendis said at what point in his timeline does this take place? Is Jon still with Jor-El in Action, but back on Earth in Superman?
    No, he's said generally that "it all is kinda happening at the same time" to kinda keep it vague and because there's no real way that it's all going to fit completely. Man of Steel and the first six issues of Superman have to take place before Action Comics 1001, kinda in like week or two at most. And the last pages of Superman #6 and #7-9 have to take place after Action 1004. Personally, I think Superman #7-9 are going to take place before 1007. With Lois going to Sam after seeing Clark and Jon deal with Jor El's actions in Superman makes sense to me. I think the conclusion of the Unity Saga over in Superman needs to happen before Event Leviathan.

But even that doesn't make much sense to me, and there's no indication that Jon plays any role so far in Leviathan, or that Leviathan has happened in Superman.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-01-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Basically they don’t want to force you to have to read both books, but the trade off is that the chronology of what’s going on isn’t going to fit together perfectly which is normal. Where does Tomasi’s Tec fit in with King’s Batman for example? Just the nature of comics.

I think since it's the same writer and since there's so much happening that should have an effect on the events of the other book, my brain wants to make them fit. I know they won't and/or can't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think since it's the same writer and since there's so much happening that should have an effect on the events of the other book, my brain wants to make them fit. I know they won't and/or can't though.
    Had the same problem reading Hickman’s Avengers runs. Once he did the time skip though I just gave up trying to make sense of it and just enjoyed the ride.