Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I agree with Stern. The man could write anything. Busiek should be on this list as well. PAD is one of my favorite writers of both DC and Marvel. I think an underrated writer was Dan Jurgans who did a great Thor and Captain America. Claremont was good on not only is X-stuff, but I enjoyed his FF run.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'll go with Fabian Nicieza. It's impressive how he's managed to adapt his style to many different approaches. When he was writing New Warriors and X-Men and X-Force they were very different team books, running the gamut from the house style of early '90s X-Men to the EDGY EXTREME style of Liefeld to the lighter teen-angst style of New Warriors. And then he was able to write in the late '90s neoclassical style and successfully take over from Kurt Busiek on Thunderbolts and other projects, and to the '00s on Cable & Deadpool.

It says something that he was able to successfully write the original version of Deadpool that he co-created and the very different version of Deadpool that other writers built up.
    He gets my vote too

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Walt Simonson is another one that can jump around with ease. From stuff like Thor and Fantastic Four to books like Star Wars. You look at his full body of work and he has jumped all over in the types of book she has done.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Jim Starlin. He introduced quite a number of interesting ideas in titles such as Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Strange Tales, Warlock, Avengers, Marvel Two-in-One, Silver Surfer, and his series centered around Thanos, which he consistently fully realized the big scopes of.