Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The best thing about the group shot is that the dog has a mask.

Tom King out here with that character assassination. It hurt to read

Whos character is he assessinating exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Is everyone getting all the covers?

I did get all the decades variants for Action 1000, but I've decided to just get one cover of Detective for now.

For me, the 2 covers that have the most meaning for me are the 1930s cover by Steve Rude because that's when Batman began or the 1970s cover by Bernie Wrightson because that's when I began reading Batman.

I'll probably end up going with the Wrightson cover as that might be harder to find down the road.

So, which cover(s) are you guys getting?
    Just the Michael Cho one. Loved the old school look to it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

1.) Dini/Nguyen Most creative and entertaining story.

2.) Tynion/Martinez Yeah I’m obviously a bit biased here, but I’m a sucker for it.

3.) King/Daniel/Jones My feelings about the size of the Batfamily are well documented, but this was a fun story and the banter was entertaining. And the message less driven into the ground than “Bruce Wayne is broken.”

4.) O’Neil/Epting Speak of that, this. But the art was nice and the final page hit alright.

5.) Priest/Adams Would be higher, but Adams pencils are a bit loose nowadays. Hoping that this “beginning” is a tease for more Batman from Priest.

6.) Bendis/Maleev Art was nice. Welp

7.) Ellis/Cloonan Batman is pain! And other things you’ve heard before. But still good.

8.) Smith/Lee Dunno it was okay but not super interesting

9.) Snyder/Capullo Don’t have it in me to put up with Snyder’s convolutions. Read it.

10.) Johns/Jones Not interesting, art wasn’t for me. Also, “Jason, Barbara, and the kids?” 3 Jokers should be interesting...

11.) Tomasi/Mahnke Just like Bendis’s portion of Action 1000, this tease seems inappropriate to this celebration issue. Also not very interesting.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I enjoyed Action 1000 more.
    You know, this is me as well. There was only 1 story in Action 1000 that I was kind of lukewarm on, the rest I enjoyed a lot. With Detective 1000, it's sort of the opposite...I enjoyed King, Johns & Dini's contributions and the rest were just sort of there. Some of it just feels out of place for a massive celebration like this...O'Neil's story is that Batman is too violent/mean, and he should listen to the almighty Leslie Thompkins? So, Happy 1000 guys, Batman's a dick! lol Anyways...

I agree with another poster about the end teaser being a bit inappropriate to this book, like Bendis' Action 1000 story was. I knew it would be going in, but if a chapter is going to be inappropriate then it at least needs to be written well and I thought this was written pretty good! It's got me interested in the Arkham Knight. Anyone have any early, shot in the dark guesses to his identity? It obviously can't be the same as the video game, so place your bets!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member

So...which double pg spread do you guys think were the best, Fabok or Daniels? For me its gotta be Tony Daniel, the whole Batfam together looks great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    2.) Tynion/Martinez Yeah I’m obviously a bit biased here, but I’m a sucker for it.
    For me it felt out of place to have Dick centric story here.

Ya, it totally misrepresents Ric.

Overall, I liked all the stories.

My favorites were the ones written by King, Smith, Dini and Bendis.

I was dissapointed by the story done by Tomasi and Mahnke. While I loved the splash pages in AC #1000 written by Tomasi and drawn by Gleason, this one didn't have the nostalgic and iconic elements that story did have, and I don't like that it's a teaser for the next story arc in TEC (same problem I had with Bendis and Jim Lee story in AC#1000). I still don't know if Priest was promoting a future arc or not, but the end let me down after a good buildup
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

All of them, but he really hurt Jason and Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    All of them.

For me it felt out of place to have Dick centric story here.
    It would be remiss to celebrate Batman without acknowledging his inspirational role, which is distinct from the role that Batfamily serves. And Dick is a perfect example of that. Dick was Robin for the first half of these 1000 issues.

King's Jason is a bit light for my tastes, but Dick and Damian and Barbara and Bruce all seemed fine.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-27-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    All of them, but he really hurt Jason and Steph.
    It’s harmless banter.

Astonishing Member

There was a lot to like here. I don't really want to unpack everything, but it was pretty fun and pretty packed to the gills. I like that even if they were more standalone, a lot of these stories felt like either relevant one-shots for ongoing creator runs, or loose follow-ups to previous good runs.

Mostly the highlight for me was you know ... DICK Grayson.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It’s harmless banter.
    That he can't even get right, I've seen this pattern before. At least Tynion was accurate, I weep bitterly at night for King has in-store for us.
    He will make Tynion look like a superstar.