Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

It's not a hierarchical thing. I just don't see him like a detective. He is a reporter. They are two different things. I am not sold on Vic being in a guild of detectives in the same way I would not be sold on Lois belonging there either. Vic does some detecting, but that is not his identity. He is a reporter who happens to do some detecting as the job requires him to do. And really, we're just talking profession here. Really what Vic is, is a philosopher and a student of the human condition. Hence, reporter is a better fit for him as a profession than detective. A detective is too much of a left brain archetype (in my view) for Vic who is more of a right brain character in my view. Detective profession fits better in the science category where as Vic is more a humanities guy.

I raised no objections about any other members of the guild because I'm specifically a fan of Vic (as mentioned) and am particularly interested in how he is portrayed in comics.

Fantastic Member

The more modern the comic is the more im uncomfortable reading it. This applied to all writers even Dennis Oneil my favorite. Instead of having seasoned fighters looking back at a journey, these issues self-insert into the characters, put what THEY thing about things rather than what the characters think, and some in particular are set in the past, but talk about its future like it had known the future was gonna happen. Oh, so Bruce been knewt what Dick was gonna become or create of the Mythos then despite just taking him in. Or Leslie knew about Batman the first time he met her ? Yeah, not only King's dialouge is cringeworthy and lacking here.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 06-30-2019 at 08:31 PM.

A great issue with fun stories, IMO. While not quite perfect (but few comic books are, especially these days), it was well worth the price. I enjoyed it overall. I'll give it a 4 out of 5.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-04-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."