Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    But of course. I didn't jump on it right away when it came back, but that only lasted about two issues. It is pretty amusing how there can be so many spider-titles and yet they all feel different.
    MMSM is actually one of the best Spider-books out right now.

Saladin Ahmed is KILLING IT!!! Ahmed especially nails the voices and thoughts of Miles and the supporting cast. It's so nice to have a person of color actually writing about a young person of color for a change, rather than a middle aged white guy who doesn't "get it," and who makes the characters feel and sound corny and contrived.

Before anybody gets all riled up, not trying to make this a racial issue; just making a valid point and explaining why Miles' book is so good this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    MMSM is actually one of the best Spider-books out right now.

Saladin Ahmed is KILLING IT!!! Ahmed especially nails the voices and thoughts of Miles and the supporting cast. It's so nice to have a person of color actually writing about a young person of color for a change, rather than a middle aged white guy who doesn't "get it," and who makes the characters feel and sound corny and contrived.

Before anybody gets all riled up, not trying to make this a racial issue; just making a valid point and explaining why Miles' book is so good this time around.
    You make a very valid point that there is definitely something to be said about understanding where a character is from, relating to a character, etc.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Does anyone know if Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman are coming back after War of the Realms ?
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    Does anyone know if Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman are coming back after War of the Realms ?
    Yes they will both be back. Just getting a break with WOTR going on right now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Miles Morales is the best ongoing Spider-Man book. Totally agree that Saladin Ahmed is the best writer to handle the character in the comics thus far, and between ITSV and the book, the future looks bright for Miles. I'm hyped.

1. MMSM
    2. ASM
    3. FNSM

Haven't read Venom or Superior consistently enough to say.

BANNED

I would have a hard time ranking these books as they're all good to excellent.

If I had to put them in order, though, I'd go with:

1. Amazing Spider-Man

ASM is, obviously, the flagship Spider book and the current creative team is on fire. Hard not to give it the top spot.

2. Superior Spider-Man

We're still early on in this book's run but so far it's a gem. I'm totally invested in Otto's journey and can't get enough of his arrogance and flawed heroism. Gage and Hawthorne are crafting one hell of a cool book.

3. Venom

Cates and Stegman keep swinging for the fences every time out. Their take on Venom is dark, psychologically complex and mythic. Love it.

4. Miles Morales: Spider-Man

While I kept up with Bendis' post-Secret Wars introduction of Miles into the mainstream MU, I never felt like it quite caught fire. The current volume is much better and I hope that Saladin Ahmed will be on the book for a long time to come.

5. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

While I think this is a pretty solid title, just in terms of craftsmanship, I gotta say it isn't doing much for me personally.

The first arc was too off-brand from what I want from a Spidey book. But Taylor has a good grasp of Spidey as a character so I'll stick with it a bit to see if things improve for me.

Bottom line, no matter how you rank these, it's a very good time to be a Spider fan!