Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Half Kryptonians stronger than Full Kryptonians?

Hello,

the people who read Superman,Super Sons Comics have read that Batman said that Jonathan Samuel Kent will probably be stronger than Clark...

Now I would like to ask what do you think about AND if this is true shouldnt also be Kon El be stronger than Clark?

Because he is also 50% Lex 50% Clark.....and he is also born under yellow sun on this earth...

Theoretically there shouldnt be much difference between them...

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Nope,at least,for now I didn't see any prove solid suggesting it.Even recebtky specifical ultraman more powerful than jon(but it's also could due to them age gap)

And,Post-crisis was specifical full kryptonian greater than half kryptonian

For example,in TEEN TITANS volume 3,supergirl could casually defeating future version kon when they get hand-to-hand
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

I know they said it but I doubt we'll ever see a half Krypton at consistent full strength that actually shown to be stronger than a full Kryptonian. They may have spurts here and there, and a new cocktail of abilities a full K will never have but that's it. But then again we are using Clark and Kara as measuring stick so does that mean the same goes for every Kryptonian out there? Other factors may have to be considered, in the same way not every human has the same "strength" despite being exposed to relatively similar conditions.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This isn't Dragon Ball, with Half-Saiyans > Full Saiyan logic. Half Kryptonians get half the strength.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Nope,at least,for now I didn't see any prove solid suggesting it.Even recebtky specifical ultraman more powerful than jon(but it's also could due to them age gap)

And,Post-crisis was specifical full kryptonian greater than half kryptonian

For example,in TEEN TITANS volume 3,supergirl could casually defeating future version kon when they get hand-to-hand
    WRONG!!!

1.) This WASNT FUTURE KON!!!
    He and Bart Allen were CLONES!!! from Original Bart Allen and Original Kon El...created by Tim Drake and Lex Luthor...

This Version was made artifically older, so he should be much weaker than the Original older Kon El, because he didnt spent so much time under the yellow sun, he didnt fight against Superboy Prime etc.
    Kryptonians get stronger year by year living under a yellow sun...so he should be much weaker than the other Future Kon El, who we saw when the Titans of Tomorrow appeared first...

It was clearly shown as Cassie was talking to Kon El and he didnt remember the Night which the 2 spent in Smallville...

2. If you read the Comic, you have clearly seen that Kon El dominated Supergirl for most of the Fight, BUT then he became arrogant and talked to her instead of finishing Supergirl and so she could land a hard blow...

So the Fight was dominated by Conner until he let his defense down and Supergirl landed the hard hit..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    This isn't Dragon Ball, with Half-Saiyans > Full Saiyan logic. Half Kryptonians get half the strength.
    Who said something about Dragonball?

It was clearly stated by BATMAN as he was scanning Jonathan...BATMAN himself said that Jonathan as half kryptonian could be more powerful than Clark in his best times..

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Who said something about Dragonball?

It was clearly stated by BATMAN as he was scanning Jonathan...BATMAN himself said that Jonathan as half kryptonian could be more powerful than Clark in his best times..
    Could be/maybe/possible are all suppositions. I posted scans to show that Half-Human/Half Kryptonian Hybrids are inferior to their pure blood counterparts.

Granted, anything could happen. Because a writer has the liberty to make up whatever they want.

I brought up Dragon Ball, because it's the most famous example of hyping hybrids over pure bloods. Granted, it's an anime trope found in other series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    WRONG!!!

1.) This WASNT FUTURE KON!!!
    He and Bart Allen were CLONES!!! from Original Bart Allen and Original Kon El...created by Tim Drake and Lex Luthor...

This Version was made artifically older, so he should be much weaker than the Original older Kon El, because he didnt spent so much time under the yellow sun, he didnt fight against Superboy Prime etc.
    Kryptonians get stronger year by year living under a yellow sun...so he should be much weaker than the other Future Kon El, who we saw when the Titans of Tomorrow appeared first...

It was clearly shown as Cassie was talking to Kon El and he didnt remember the Night which the 2 spent in Smallville...

2. If you read the Comic, you have clearly seen that Kon El dominated Supergirl for most of the Fight, BUT then he became arrogant and talked to her instead of finishing Supergirl and so she could land a hard blow...

So the Fight was dominated by Conner until he let his defense down and Supergirl landed the hard hit..
    1:Yes,its clone,but this doesn't change the fact this version kon still was half kryptonian
    This version never been said is weaker than kon,and if put some conjectures to kryptonian's power with sunlight,still couldn't deduce this version is weaker than superboy

Because we got plently examples to proven a kryptonian or daxamite will as strong as each other when they had enough sunlight .
    Like,Mon-el is almost as strong as superman,but he on earth time was much shorter than superman,even in new krypton arc
    Second example:Zod,he also as strong as superman even though he haven't been absorbed sunlight dozens years like superman did
    Third example:Supergirl,her ship also equipped a device could generating sunlight when she travelling to earth,so theoretically,she should be much more powerful than supes.but no,she didn't,proven by her own issues

2No,he didn't,he and supergirl only once fight was ending up when supergirl one punch him to the sky.Before kon approaching supergirl,supergirl was dealing with villian,and kon not appearing hostility

And even you don't considering that story arc.Supergirl in her own issues also shatter kon's jaw just by one punch

This is the full fight scenes,only two pages
    And from those pages,never could see kon has majority in this fight,supergirl didn't have serious injuries,kon only just grasping her clothes,and next panel we just see kon been one-shotted by supergirl.Also specifical supergirl stronger than kon is due to her full kryptonian.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 03-27-2019 at 07:22 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Kon93

OK plz

1st the scans show only what you want to show.

When supergirl fights superboy in smallville she is shown saying something to the extent of I hit and broke your jaw before you hit and broke mine.

SB has been shown to manhandle full kryptonains during the new Krypton story,and not because they were weak, or he surprised them.

the teen Titans scans when the climes of conner and Bart comeback clearly show Kara swinging on Conner and him reacting fast enough and catching her fist, and smiling while doing it. he OWNS her, let me repeat that, OWNS her the whole time. he only got knocked into the sky because of his dumbass getting cocky and her getting a shot in.

nothing anyone is saying here is proof and nothing here shows that "in continuity" half kryptonain(besides lor zod)
    is weaker than a full kryptonain.

personally I don't care if they are as powerful as full kryptonains, but I think it's better to make them flawed in some way, like less powers, less actual power, or weakened sunlight absorbing ability.

the one thing that has been consistent is that half kryptonains get extra powers, or there powers work different somehow. thats how you make them equals to kryptonains imo.

btw NO Conner and jon should NOT be exactly the same power wise, Jon was a completely natural birth and for that his powers should be a gamble, while Conner was created meticulously by cadmus and lex,he could potentially be the most powerful being on the planet easily for that reason or he could be a flawed weak Lil clone also, but not like Jon at all.

I think its a dumb idea. Bendis is pretty much ignoring that with Jon, so I don't think it really matters anymore as it pertains to Kon either.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nah, not more powerful or even less, just different.

New powers and such.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think its a dumb idea. Bendis is pretty much ignoring that with Jon, so I don't think it really matters anymore as it pertains to Kon either.

yeah Kon doesn't need to be exactly like full kryptonains, it would be just as awesome to be a mix of the YJ show and the Reign movie with TTK

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I have no problems with jon or kon becoming more powerful than Clark. But, that moment has to be earned. It should be like when gohan finally let go during the cell games and not like goten and trunks unlocking super saiyan for giggles. The reason why wally surpassing barry was great was because it was built up, developed to that point. And clark should be given his due, when or if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    OK plz

1st the scans show only what you want to show.

When supergirl fights superboy in smallville she is shown saying something to the extent of I hit and broke your jaw before you hit and broke mine.

SB has been shown to manhandle full kryptonains during the new Krypton story,and not because they were weak, or he surprised them.

the teen Titans scans when the climes of conner and Bart comeback clearly show Kara swinging on Conner and him reacting fast enough and catching her fist, and smiling while doing it. he OWNS her, let me repeat that, OWNS her the whole time. he only got knocked into the sky because of his dumbass getting cocky and her getting a shot in.

nothing anyone is saying here is proof and nothing here shows that "in continuity" half kryptonain(besides lor zod)
    is weaker than a full kryptonain.

personally I don't care if they are as powerful as full kryptonains, but I think it's better to make them flawed in some way, like less powers, less actual power, or weakened sunlight absorbing ability.

the one thing that has been consistent is that half kryptonains get extra powers, or there powers work different somehow. thats how you make them equals to kryptonains imo.

btw NO Conner and jon should NOT be exactly the same power wise, Jon was a completely natural birth and for that his powers should be a gamble, while Conner was created meticulously by cadmus and lex,he could potentially be the most powerful being on the planet easily for that reason or he could be a flawed weak Lil clone also, but not like Jon at all.
    But it's constantly portray fully kryptonians(superman,supergirl)strength > conner.
    For instance,like you mentioned(And BTW,those scans isn't my post)SG issue,SG already breaking free from conner use raw strength
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    And about you said supergirl"I hit and broke your jaw before you hit and broke mine"

The original words is"Which(broke jaw) you would done the same thing to me if you had the chance".Those words never said conner have enough power to do that(which I actually think it's possiblt,because I think conner and supergirl's strength gap not big enough made supergirl could ignore conner's attacks),just said in some condition conner could do that(could mean take the first hit,or need some boost,or supergirl catched by surprise ETC)

And i didn't see why owning someone but later defeated by the same person(which just after one page)is impressive thing.Many characters did owning some far better opponents

For example,mordru been owned by PG in jsa issues,or alan owning mordru in the same princes of darkness story arc.But later alan just been pulled his starheart out by mordru
    Or in OWAC story,probes have been showed multiple times owning zod squad,But in later action comics,Zod killed two probes just by himself
    Or even maxima owned doomsday
    ETC

And yes,ordinary kryptonians is far weaker than superman family(except like zod and his aides those have important role in story,like ursa could defeating supergirl).Even non this giant kryptonian has been one-shotted by supes.
    It's basically like best krytonians(superman,zod,supergirl,or could consider doomsday since he similar krytonian genes suggesting he was a krytonian.....ETC) >best half kryptonians(conner) >ordinary kryptonians.IMO
    SB though constantly said his power different from superman,but also said he have "most superman's power),and been portrayed less strength than superman.So if consider brutal combat,theoretically is kryptonian should have advantage

Spectacular Member

Patrick Gleason wrote on his twitter, that Batman was wrong in his assumption that Jon would be stronger
    Either Tomasi and him backpadelled really fast or they wanted Batman to be wrong from the beginning
    And why should Bruce be an expert in half-human Kryptonians?