Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    But it's constantly portray fully kryptonians(superman,supergirl)strength > conner.
    For instance,like you mentioned(And BTW,those scans isn't my post)SG issue,SG already breaking free from conner use raw strength
    Attachment 80408
    Attachment 80409
    And about you said supergirl"I hit and broke your jaw before you hit and broke mine"

The original words is"Which(broke jaw) you would done the same thing to me if you had the chance".Those words never said conner have enough power to do that(which I actually think it's possiblt,because I think conner and supergirl's strength gap not big enough made supergirl could ignore conner's attacks),just said in some condition conner could do that(could mean take the first hit,or need some boost,or supergirl catched by surprise ETC)

And i didn't see why owning someone but later defeated by the same person(which just after one page)is impressive thing.Many characters did owning some far better opponents

For example,mordru been owned by PG in jsa issues,or alan owning mordru in the same princes of darkness story arc.But later alan just been pulled his starheart out by mordru
    Or in OWAC story,probes have been showed multiple times owning zod squad,But in later action comics,Zod killed two probes just by himself
    Or even maxima owned doomsday
    ETC

And yes,ordinary kryptonians is far weaker than superman family(except like zod and his aides those have important role in story,like ursa could defeating supergirl).Even non this giant kryptonian has been one-shotted by supes.
    It's basically like best krytonians(superman,zod,supergirl,or could consider doomsday since he similar krytonian genes suggesting he was a krytonian.....ETC) >best half kryptonians(conner) >ordinary kryptonians.IMO
    SB though constantly said his power different from superman,but also said he have "most superman's power),and been portrayed less strength than superman.So if consider brutal combat,theoretically is kryptonian should have advantage

there is a reason why I didnt reply directly to you, because I wasn't just posting about you. all of you are right and wrong at the same time, but none of you guys are completely right or completely wrong either.

2 things about the Supergirl/Superboy fight in smallville.
    1 at that time they were playing with Kara being more powerful than superman himself.
    2 pushing a opponent off you doesnt make you automatically more powerful, it means you are pushing yourself harder than the other person. superman has already explained that to us, he said he spent his whole life controlling himself and making sure nobody was hurt and kara was never holding back, it told her right to face she wasn't more powerful, just going full throttle when he always holds back, same for Kon.

When she says he could or would have done it also, take it at face value, just like her punching him when they were evenly matched with their heat vision.

Now the TT story
    he stops her hand smiling, he drags her to space and ragdolls her back to earth, all while talking, all while getting full of himself,he dominated her,period. she was the one who landed a shot because he was careless, not because she "hulked up" and got more powerful.

BTW I'm sure McKeever wanted all the younger versions to look better than their older counterparts in that story, it looked obvious.

I agree with superlad, not MORE, not LESS, just different.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    there is a reason why I didnt reply directly to you, because I wasn't just posting about you. all of you are right and wrong at the same time, but none of you guys are completely right or completely wrong either.

2 things about the Supergirl/Superboy fight in smallville.
    1 at that time they were playing with Kara being more powerful than superman himself.
    2 pushing a opponent off you doesnt make you automatically more powerful, it means you are pushing yourself harder than the other person. superman has already explained that to us, he said he spent his whole life controlling himself and making sure nobody was hurt and kara was never holding back, it told her right to face she wasn't more powerful, just going full throttle when he always holds back, same for Kon.

When she says he could or would have done it also, take it at face value, just like her punching him when they were evenly matched with their heat vision.

Now the TT story
    he stops her hand smiling, he drags her to space and ragdolls her back to earth, all while talking, all while getting full of himself,he dominated her,period. she was the one who landed a shot because he was careless, not because she "hulked up" and got more powerful.

BTW I'm sure McKeever wanted all the younger versions to look better than their older counterparts in that story, it looked obvious.

I agree with superlad, not MORE, not LESS, just different.
    Sounds convincible.I think maybe indeed like you and superlad said,they power not more nor less,just different.
    Though i still reserve about full kryptonians strength > half kryptonians(which is i think one of different about full and half kryptonians).But half kryptonian get some other abilities to compensation
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 03-27-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Though i still reservation about full kryptonians strength > half kryptonians(which is i think one of different about full and half kryptonians).But half kryptonian get some other abilities to compensation
    I think that's more of an adult vs child thing rather than a full vs half thing. In your Ultraman example you failed to bring up that there was on sunlight on Earth-3, and Ultraman comments on how that's making Jon feel weak. But even then Jon tanked multiple hits from Ultraman in top shape. Granted, Ultraman wasn't trying to kill Jon (he says that specifically), but Jon didn't seem to sustain any injury (something I'm sure Ultraman wouldn't have minded) even while weakened.

If we place this next to how quickly Clark lost his powers in Final Night (he lost them in a matter of days at best), then Jon's power efficiency is through the roof (he had his strength and durability for at least a year without sunlight) as far any kryptonian we've ever seen in any continuity goes. I don't think there's ever been an instance like this where a Kryptonian has maintained power (under the sustained harm of an active volcano, mind you) for as long as Jon has.

As time goes on, I'm sure we'll get more of an understanding of Jon's power, but so far he seems to be quite formidable for his age even as a kryptonian.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The outrage over Jon POSSIBLY having something in common with an anime character (one of the most well known and well liked at that) is kind of funny to me.

And just for those people, I want to see Jon go Super Kryptonian and Super Kryptonian 2, just for the reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think that's more of an adult vs child thing rather than a full vs half thing. In your Ultraman example you failed to bring up that there was on sunlight on Earth-3, and Ultraman comments on how that's making Jon feel weak. But even then Jon tanked multiple hits from Ultraman in top shape. Granted, Ultraman wasn't trying to kill Jon (he says that specifically), but Jon didn't seem to sustain any injury (something I'm sure Ultraman wouldn't have minded) even while weakened.

If we place this next to how quickly Clark lost his powers in Final Night (he lost them in a matter of days at best), then Jon's power efficiency is through the roof (he had his strength and durability for at least a year without sunlight) as far any kryptonian we've ever seen in any continuity goes. I don't think there's ever been an instance like this where a Kryptonian has maintained power (under the sustained harm of an active volcano, mind you) for as long as Jon has.

As time goes on, I'm sure we'll get more of an understanding of Jon's power, but so far he seems to be quite formidable for his age even as a kryptonian.
    That makes me start thinking. Clark needs the yellow sun to get his power. Jon also gets his power from the sun. Jon may also get power from the food he eats. I was thinking since humans have to eat to survive. Maybe the food is helping Jon keep some of his power.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

But we got SB and SG example.I was also keeping SB and SG for reference.And I personally deduced this conclusion based on them fights
    And ultraman didn't define is apply only after jon been depowered so he is stronger than him,or is in standard ultraman stronger than jon(though still this should be involving age gap)

And yes,jon now performance is quite formidable.I guess we just need waiting to see where bendis will place jon above or below or equal to full kryptonian.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

But we got SB and SG example.I was also keeping SB and SG for reference.
    I can't really count that because that was during a time when DC was trying to specifcally push Supergirl as stronger than Superman. That stopped being the case early on as it was shown that he was holding back, and Kara seemed to level out to be as strong as Conner.

And ultraman didn't define is apply only after jon been depowered so he is stronger than him,or is in standard ultraman stronger than jon(though still this should be involving age gap)
    Well I don't image a 12 to 13 year old would be as strong as a 30 something year old man.

And yes,jon now performance is quite formidable.I guess we just need waiting to see where bendis will place jon above or below or equal to full kryptonian.
    So far the only thing that Bendis has said about their differences is that Jon's genetics makes his solar flare hard to control. But other than that, Bendis has shown Jon to be just as capable as any Kryptonian we've seen.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    That makes me start thinking. Clark needs the yellow sun to get his power. Jon also gets his power from the sun. Jon may also get power from the food he eats. I was thinking since humans have to eat to survive. Maybe the food is helping Jon keep some of his power.
    That's an interesting thought, Grimlock. One I hadn't even considered. The idea that on some level Jon's powers are based on the physical nutrients he takes in thus making maybe his "golden age" power set in-built and partially independent of the sun.

The idea maybe being that if he and a full kryptonian were stranded on a world with on yellow sunlight, Jon could simply eat food to maintain a proxy of golden age power levels. I wonder if this (if it's true) works under a red sun too?

Edit: Maybe Bendis is saying that Jon's metabolism works similar to a Flash? Like, even though the sun clearly confirmed to be giving him his powers, his super metabolism is on overdrive thus he eats, and likely eats a lot unlike Clark.

If Bendis is planing on making Jon a powerhouse (that new creating construct power interest me a lot), then maybe that's the limiter? Too early to tell. But Bendis seemed to make a point to have Jon show his honest hunger twice (issue 8 and issue 9).
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-27-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Kon93

it's pretty obvious that Jon's "unique" power is his ability to use his solar energy in better ways than kryptonains can. as in Amp to become more powerful, maybe short bursts. solar flare control, I see that coming. also control the duration it leaves his body, as in slowing down the rate his solar reserves are used up, while kryptonains are basically set to a set time frame before they lose them.

Kon has TTK
    Jon has solar energy control

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The outrage over Jon POSSIBLY having something in common with an anime character (one of the most well known and well liked at that) is kind of funny to me.

And just for those people, I want to see Jon go Super Kryptonian and Super Kryptonian 2, just for the reactions.
    What outrage would that be?
    Well known and well liked? You must be talking about Future Trunks. Nobody like Gohan, Goten or kid Trunks like that.

But then again, I could always be talking about Inuyasha (half-dog demon), Yuske Urameshi (half-demon) and more characters I'm sure I'm missing. Hahaha

Besides, a human hybrid Kryptonian would lose half the strength natural Kryptonians half. Which is bone and muscle density Kryptonians born on the super gravity planet of Krypton have. Remember, Superman was inspired by John Carter of Mars. The weaker gravity of Earth is part of the reason Superman is so super. The more you dilute the blood, the weaker a Kryptonian hybrids would be.

Now a Kryptonian/New God hybrid. That would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Besides, a human hybrid Kryptonian would lose half the strength natural Kryptonians half. Which is bone and muscle density Kryptonians born on the super gravity planet of Krypton have. Remember, Superman was inspired by John Carter of Mars. The weaker gravity of Earth is part of the reason Superman is so super. The more you dilute the blood, the weaker a Kryptonian hybrids would be.
    This is assuming a lot in regards to the genetics of a Kryptonian and a half kryptonian, and specifically how Kryptonian genetics mingle with human genetics, right? I mean, they're fiction, so the answer is "however the writer wants them to."

Besides, Jor-El has already said that Jon being alive at all goes against his calculations. He specifically dubbed Jon "special." So, we're very much in uncharted territory here, thus allowing pretty much anything to be possible, no?

That's an interesting thought, Grimlock. One I hadn't even considered. The idea that on some level Jon's powers are based on the physical nutrients he takes in thus making maybe his "golden age" power set in-built and partially independent of the sun.

The idea maybe being that if he and a full kryptonian were stranded on a world with on yellow sunlight, Jon could simply eat food to maintain a proxy of golden age power levels. I wonder if this (if it's true) works under a red sun too?

Edit: Maybe Bendis is saying that Jon's metabolism works similar to a Flash? Like, even though the sun clearly confirmed to be giving him his powers, his super metabolism is on overdrive thus he eats, and likely eats a lot unlike Clark.

If Bendis is planing on making Jon a powerhouse (that new creating construct power interest me a lot), then maybe that's the limiter? Too early to tell. But Bendis seemed to make a point to have Jon show his honest hunger twice (issue 8 and issue 9).
    Anything is possible. That could be what Bendis is trying to set up with Jon. I was thinking it could start showing up in the Superman and Supergirl issues in June when they're fighting Rogol Zaar and Zod.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This is assuming a lot in regards to the genetics of a Kryptonian and a half kryptonian, and specifically how Kryptonian genetics mingle with human genetics, right? I mean, they're fiction, so the answer is "however the writer wants them to."

Besides, Jor-El has already said that Jon being alive at all goes against his calculations. He specifically dubbed Jon "special." So, we're very much in uncharted territory here, thus allowing pretty much anything to be possible, no?
    True.

We know TPTB make up the rules when it comes to explaining why the SuperFam is "super".

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Anything is possible. That could be what Bendis is trying to set up with Jon. I was thinking it could start showing up in the Superman and Supergirl issues in June when they're fighting Rogol Zaar and Zod.
    I'm hoping for an exploration into his current powers in the issue or two where it's just Jon and Clark in space before the Supergirl crossover. Give them a little time to talk, and us and Clark a little time to get more of Jon's current personality.

I'm still so very curious about that energy construct he made in issue 8.

I'm hoping for an exploration into his current powers in the issue or two where it's just Jon and Clark in space before the Supergirl crossover. Give them a little time to talk, and us and Clark a little time to get more of Jon's current personality.

I'm still so very curious about that energy construct he made in issue 8.
    When I first read issue 8, i thought it came out from the suit. Since you wrote that and me going back and looking at it. I am very curious now. If it comes from him, that could be the reason it didn't show in issue 9.