Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Anyone who has read Superior Foes knows that among villains, betrayal is the sign of a deepening friendship and not an end.

Black Ant was an idiot for not getting that "he fits the theme too".
    ^this. but, technically, that makes Taskmaster an idiot. LMD or not, Taskmaster was his Camp Hammond instructor and one of his biggest influence. but being betrayed is just an occupational hazard for evil doers. "Eric" would forgive him. The Hood tried to shoot him in the face at point blank range. they hugged it out an issue later. conversely, OG-Eric lied to his best friend's girlfriend to break up their relationship. and he continued that lie after getting his best friend killed just to end up making out with the girlfriend on his best friend's freshly dug grave. he impregnated and abandoned that woman. Taskmaster hasn't even crossed a line, imo. Boomerang was way rougher on Shocker in Superior Foes. Black Ant still has a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Solid issue! Spencer is really bringing his A game; my only (small) gripe is Ramos' art which is a bit too dark/sketchy for some of the Central Park scenes. Makes it hard to identify some of the lesser known characters
    who'd you have a hard time identifying??

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It was solid, but I still like the current issue of Superior better.
    you're still comparing top shelf vodka and tacos. both are a good time.

BANNED

I actually think Ramos has his good and bad days. I had issues with his art way back when he worked with Jenkins on Spectacular, but it grew on me. In this issue I think it worked well. His style which is a bit of cartoony and real fits the scene and mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Damn good issue i say!

I think it was obvious the betrayal of Evil Ant Man was coming but still was well met either way.
    the question of why he didn't count as animal-themed had been a long running thread. Spencer handled it well. it was a good Taskmaster moment.

Also i am wondering if some villains are being killed or not, i feel some are but i am also in the dark about some of the characters.
    Spencer's been pretty smart about choosing victims. we saw Gazelle get stabbed. but she's one of the Salem's Seven; who are involved in the occult. so she can always come back through magic means (or even have a healing factor). wouldn't surprise me if Iguana could heal from the beating that he took. we never actually see Constrictor die (or who is wearing the suit). so there's his out. and Mad Dog took some arrows to the chest. brutal but i'm betting that he can bounce back. he's taken some serious damage in the past.

Also isn't Puma a hero?
    not in the sense that Spider-man is a hero. he's, generally, a self-interested mercenary. but he's generally on the opposite side of Spidey in a Spider-man book. last time i saw him, he was working with Nightshade, Living Laser, and Armadillo.

I like the tie in to Secret Empire what with Danvers saying she knows just how hard that Force Field is to break, last time it took the power of Quasar to bring it down.
    that and the news reporter referred to Taskmaster and Black Ant as former Hydra officials.

Also the return of this mysterious demonic entity who is somehow connected to Peter, i still have no theories on who it is yet, but i am glad Spencer has not forgotten about it.
    this is what i'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Spencer's been pretty smart about choosing victims. we saw Gazelle get stabbed. but she's one of the Salem's Seven; who are involved in the occult. so she can always come back through magic means (or even have a healing factor). wouldn't surprise me if Iguana could heal from the beating that he took. we never actually see Constrictor die (or who is wearing the suit). so there's his out. and Mad Dog took some arrows to the chest. brutal but i'm betting that he can bounce back. he's taken some serious damage in the past.
    I guarantee that no villain who actually "dies" in this arc will stay dead. C and D-List villains are killed off and inexplicably brought back months later all the time.

I would have expected to see some of these Spider villains show up as some of the Hunted, Badger Teeth, Boar, Bruin, Devil-Spider, Fly, Griffin, Grizzly, Human Fly, King Bee, Legal Eagle, Mandrill, Ox, Queen Cat, Razorback, Scorpia, Swarm, Vermin and the Vulturions. I guess the only animal themed villain of the Hateful Hexad to be killed off and stayed dead was Bearboarguy who could have returned here only to die again. With new animal themed villains showing up each issue i guess any of these are still possible.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bearboarguy_(Earth-616)

BANNED

The biggest one missing is Dr. Octopus. When you have a Hunt and you have Animal Themed villains and you miss the biggest Spider-Man rogue with an Animal theme (Certainly in the trinity of Goblin, Venom/Carnage, Ock, Ock is the only one with an animal theme)...you definitely miss something. And that kind of shows the damage done to Dr. Octopus.

The biggest one missing is Dr. Octopus. When you have a Hunt and you have Animal Themed villains and you miss the biggest Spider-Man rogue with an Animal theme (Certainly in the trinity of Goblin, Venom/Carnage, Ock, Ock is the only one with an animal theme)...you definitely miss something. And that kind of shows the damage done to Dr. Octopus.
    Yeah, but:

*He is no longer "Doc Ock" at this moment as you know

*Lady Octopus is there as we saw last issue; I realize she is no real substitute for Otto but it is what it is. Marvel gave Superior Spidey another shot and so he is off the table for this story; don't think it will adversely effect the story arc all that much....at least I hope not.

you're way off base. it was explained in-issue that they took who they could find. there is no Doctor Octopus anymore. he was Superior Octopus. but he moved to the West Coast and changed back to the Superior Spider-man (not to mention becoming a hero again). and there's no way in hell that Taskmaster and Black Ant were going to bag Otto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I would have expected to see some of these Spider villains show up as some of the Hunted, Badger Teeth, Boar, Bruin, Devil-Spider, Fly, Griffin, Grizzly, Human Fly, King Bee, Legal Eagle, Mandrill, Ox, Queen Cat, Razorback, Scorpia, Swarm, Vermin and the Vulturions. I guess the only animal themed villain of the Hateful Hexad to be killed off and stayed dead was Bearboarguy who could have returned here only to die again. With new animal themed villains showing up each issue i guess any of these are still possible.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bearboarguy_(Earth-616)
    eh. we haven't seen everyone yet. and half of your list are below D-List.

Badger Teeth (don't know who this is. don't want to know who this is)

Boar (one-off character, right? is he part of Hobgoblin's knockoff crew?)

Bruin (he's too new to even mention. I like him because I like there being a villain bear character now that Grizzly is in villains anonymous. but he has no rep. probably can't even get into the bar with no name.)

Devil-Spider (you know good and well that he lives outside of the United States and was last seen partnered with Tarantula acting in the role of hero)

Fly (he should be around. but he might be around. we haven't seen everyone.)

Griffin (he's a cryptid. they don't count. if Griffin counts then Wendigo counts. he's also in the same prison that Steve Rogers is currently occupying)

Grizzly (he's out of the game, as far as I know. and I imagine that Black Ant is avoiding him. Grizzly was actively hunting Eric when he ran into Scott Lang)

Human Fly (we saw some human flies in the Big Man arc - i'm not sure that the character is still breathing)

King Bee (you made this character up)

Legal Eagle (are you referring to El Aguila? because there is nothing remotely animalistic about his attire. and he's not really a villain)

Mandrill (pretty sure that I saw Mandrill in one of the art previews)

Ox (no. not remotely animal-themed. the name is a play on strong as an ox)

Queen Cat (she probably retired directly after that Hobgoblin book)

Razorback (probably quit after being beaten by Spider-woman if we're talking about the knockoff. the original is in space.)

Scorpia (i'm sure that she'll turn up. but Scorpion has taken up her panel time)

Swarm (can you really hunt Nazi bees?)

Vermin (he should be around)

the Vulturions (weren't they arrested/incarcerated at the start of the run?)

keep in mind that it was only two people who rounded these folks up. it was an impressive feat given their power levels. the hunters already have their hands full.

Astonishing Member

Ughh. I swear to god if Felicia doesn’t die in this story it would have no point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ughh. I swear to god if Felicia doesn’t die in this story it would have no point.
    She has an ongoing. She's safe. And no characters don't need to die for a story to have a point.

Spectacular Member

I don't know… Don't see why this has to be an event, seems to be drawn out too long already. Spidey seemed to be all healthy again this issue, didn't complain about fever once. And did he actually do anything? Try to take out one or more kraven-bots?
    Ramos' art was bad as ever. He's totally not suited to this type of story and his extremely limited storytelling skills made many of the smaller fight panels really hard to understand.
    I may change my opinion once the end of the story is clear, but for the moment it seems to be much ado about nothing (and if all the animal themed villains really die - then the question is 'why'? They weren't harming anyone.) . Slott's big stories - which I generally disliked to hated - always managed to make the stakes clear from the start. Setting us up for the inevitable disappointment when the climax came around and didn't provide the impact that was promised. Maybe this one will be different - maybe not.

the only one i'm worried about is that centipede. the weather wasn't that great outside.

Even if Otto were available and was Doctor Octopus, you can't do a story about Vulture taking control of a villain army with Otto there. He would be the natural leader they would flock to.

Interesting that we haven't seen Vermin yet, probably saving that for later. Or Nick just feels that the pawn in Kraven's game role that he had is filled by the rest of the cast.

Nick has said that he wants this story to have a heavy cost like Grim Hunt. That doesn't mean worry about all the guest villains, that means worry about Curt, Billy, and MJ.

And poor Gibbon.

And poor BlAnt.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate