Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Superior Spider-Man #4 talk. SPOILERS.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

Best issue yet. Anna shouting at SpOck to be nice. Otto's reaction when he finds out the Waxman is a serial killer and Otto comforting the child as his Mum was killed. Liking how the cover to the next issue features SSM in his original costume too.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 03-27-2019 at 08:46 PM.

I have to say I'm in love with this book. Best issue by far. I really like how Gage is putting in the effort to humanize Otto, and do it in a convincing way. It could have came across as forced, especially this far into the new series but it's not, since we've already taken a look into Otto's head and know how he operates as Spider-Man so it's just progression. I'm also loving Anna's role in the series. Being Otto's guiding Angel, and the one pushing him to be better. There's quite a few ways Gage could have used her in this book, and I'm glad he choose this way. All in all, this is definitely my favorite Spidey book right now.

iMan 42s

That was a particularly good issue. I definitely appreciate that even though it's writing for the trade it's filling out a full plot-thread as opposed to inflating its time with decompression and cuts to irrelevant people (*cough*Fantastic Four*cough*).

I'm actually more surprised when a comic does do a follow-up to the big fight than just hand waving as the hero supervising recovery or helping out. Here Otto actually does help and it is in service to his character as he learns to be less of a dick doing it. It's good stuff and even better as Otto not only makes changes to the way he does things but also to the way Spider-man does things. The whole issue is a great character piece even if it does feel a bit short in some respects.

That was definitely worth me picking up.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

This issue would make my top ten Superior Spider-Man stories, it was that good.

Ana should go around forcing super-villains to reform as a profession.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    This issue would make my top ten Superior Spider-Man stories, it was that good.
    Yep. A+ issue. This is absolutely one of my favorite current titles.

Aside from the excellent quality of the story itself here, I loved the debut of the letters page this issue, hosted by Otto himself!

Though the person who chose the NAME for the letters page, is, as Otto would say, a dolt. "Sup, Spidey?" - that name would probably be better suited if Miles had a letters page.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though the person who chose the NAME for the letters page, is, as Otto would say, a dolt. "Sup, Spidey?" - that name would probably be better suited if Miles had a letters page.
    Nah, it's perfect for Otto. The fact that it's "grammatically lazy" as I believe he says only makes it better. Otto always needs something to undercut his own grandstanding.

This issue was so wholesome... so soft... I think I've got something in my eye...

Free letters page DLC is much appreciated.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I still can not understand that this comic is so good. One of the surprises of the year.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Wow, I thought this was the best issue to date, perfectly encapsulates Otto's heroic journey, especially the scene with the boy he rescued, followed a few pages later about how he would tase the looters just enough so they soil themselves.

I'm also in the "best issue so far" camp. Which isn't a knock against the earlier issues. But this is an exceptional epilogue.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

A fantastic read. Best issue of the current run thus far, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

i think the worst part about being a costumed hero would be having to accept dinner invites. like, what if the food isn't good?

I popped on here to see whether I wasn't the only one that's really loving this story. Anna riding him and calling him out on his B.S. is worth the price of admission by itself.