Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah but what about the older woman? She seems like a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I mean possibly but I doubt it.

Looks like I'm in the minority, but it felt a little too early in the run for a "downtime" issue like this.

Still, plenty of things to like.

-Pav, who is in for the long haul...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Looks like I'm in the minority, but it felt a little too early in the run for a "downtime" issue like this.

Still, plenty of things to like.

-Pav, who is in for the long haul...
    I disagree. I like it a lot because it's not a usual occurrence that we get to see the aftermath of a battle that levels a city. So this was the perfect time to show that while having Otto who's recuperating saving civilians. It's something fresh. Any other comic would have had Otto completely healed, and the city repaired like nothing happened. And we'd be right into the next arc. But here, we get to see actual repercussions from the fight. I like that and it gives Otto character development. So while it may not be action heavy or a thrilling page turner, it's important to Otto's story as he actual learns something that'll help define his character moving forward.
    Last edited by GSman; 03-30-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I disagree. I like it a lot because it's not a usual occurrence that we get to see the aftermath of a battle that levels a city. So this was the perfect time to show that while having Otto who's recuperating saving civilians. It's something fresh. Any other comic would have had Otto completely healed, and the city repaired like nothing happened. And we'd be right into the next arc. But here, we get to see actual repercussions from the fight. I like that and it gives Otto character development. So while it may not be action heavy or a thrilling page turner, it's important to Otto's story as he actual learns something that'll help define his character moving forward.
    But the question we have to ask ourselves is: did Otto mean what he said to Anna?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    But the question we have to ask ourselves is: did Otto mean what he said to Anna?
    I'd think so, yes. I mean he's the one that chose this life of heroics. You can't be hero if you hate people. And he's already shown he was willing to die for the innocents in issue 2.

I'd think so, yes. I mean he's the one that chose this life of heroics. You can't be hero if you hate people. And he's already shown he was willing to die for the innocents in issue 2.
    But is it his choice or Peter's DNA?

Astonishing Member

Realistically, it should be his choice, but it’s a comic, so oh well.

That being said, Otto has shown signs of heroism even before the Superior story arc, so it’s not impossible for him to be good.

Obviously, he still needs to keep his ego in check though.

I'd have to say it's Otto. Otto's always had a little good in him even before he became Spider-Man, it's just now as Spider-Man he can actually thrive to be someone better, instead of the villain he thought he'd always be. I don't think the DNA is the decider, though it might be a factor. Look at Kaine, even though he was Peter's clone he was "evil" for a time. He had the capacity for good, he just wasn't able to find it. And willing to cross lines Peter would never dream of doing. I'd say it's the experiences of life that turned him good and not DNA. Though like some else, mentioned it's comics so who knows?

I'd have to say it's Otto. Otto's always had a little good in him even before he became Spider-Man, it's just now as Spider-Man he can actually thrive to be someone better, instead of the villain he thought he'd always be. I don't think the DNA is the decider, though it might be a factor. Look at Kaine, even though he was Peter's clone he was "evil" for a time. He had the capacity for good, he just wasn't able to find it. And willing to cross lines Peter would never dream of doing. I'd say it's the experiences of life that turned him good and not DNA. Though like some else, mentioned it's comics so who knows?

It's true we've seen signs of humanity before in Otto and I think that's legitimate. The thing is, is he actually trying tob e a better person or is he just trying to fake it until he makes it?

They're good questions.

Excellent question. Or is this the real Otto if he never had that first accident? Either way it gives the next writer a easy way to turn him evil again by putting him into a cloned original body.

How old is Otto? 50's? 60's? 70's? But yeah, she does seem a bit too convenient.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Excellent question. Or is this the real Otto if he never had that first accident? Either way it gives the next writer a easy way to turn him evil again by putting him into a cloned original body.

How old is Otto? 50's? 60's? 70's? But yeah, she does seem a bit too convenient.
    i'm calling her the older woman because she pointed out the age difference (not knowing that Otto used to bang Aunt May).