Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    On her Twitter Page Leah said this is an AU in the link above.
    It's similar to Heroes Reborn where Franklin Richards created an alt Earth and the characters there were actually 616 natives.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

the speech was cringy as ****

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    On her Twitter Page Leah said this is an AU in the link above.
    Thats bc it IS an AU. The characters however are 616. They have been transported to a different reality

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats bc it IS an AU. The characters however are 616. They have been transported to a different reality
    Lol This has become quite controversial. Oh well. It'll all be over Jul. With or without repercussions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's similar to Heroes Reborn where Franklin Richards created an alt Earth and the characters there were actually 616 natives.
    Heroes Reborn was such a **** story arc, I had blocked it out of my memory, Damn you for making me remember it lol.

But yeah, that sounds about right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    the speech was cringy as ****
    It was full of stuff that would normally make me cringe, but it felt so uncomfortable because of the visual of a pregnant woman being locked and tortured in a basement.

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    I generally liked this issue but I do have a few criticisms. Bobby has vaulted to the top of the characters I find most annoying list with his “hahahahahahahhahaa” in issue one, his even more annoying than usual jokes, and his workplace harassment pranks. Northstar and Moneta aren’t much better with their over the top use of French. Like seriously, does every word bubble need at least one French word? Still blobsy has piqued my interest and I’m looking forward to the potential impact it might have on the last four issues.
    Yeah this was an issue for me as well. Im from quebec, which is where northstar and moneta are from, and I never throw french words when I'm speaking english to english speaking people. Reading thr thrown in french words are so cringe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrystaliaArmadia View Post
    Yeah this was an issue for me as well. Im from quebec, which is where northstar and moneta are from, and I never throw french words when I'm speaking english to english speaking people. Reading thr thrown in french words are so cringe
    To be fair, I feel like part of this event is that Nate is making these characters speak more exaggerated ways of speaking than they do even in the real world.

Or dear Leah is just trying to make us hate Moneta even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    To be fair, I feel like part of this event is that Nate is making these characters speak more exaggerated ways of speaking than they do even in the real world.

Or dear Leah is just trying to make us hate Moneta even more.
    It is very old-school Claremontian. Nadler and Thompson are doing the same thing with Nightcrawler in Marvelous X-Men. Though Williams also had this to say about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Williams
    In X-tremists, Jean-Paul and Moneta are both French Canadian so they're speaking Quebeçois French! In this world where individualism is prized to a toxic degree, people there are still looking for any kind of tether to feel a connection, no matter how tenuous.
    Though the suggestion that she was *gasp* forming connections would probably make Moneta hurl. I wonder if Bobby calls her Northstar's "protege" just because he knows implying she has an attachment would get under her skin.

And from here:

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Williams
    Betsy’s fixating on the moths flying like they’re broken bc she’s missing the part of her mind that remembers Angel...

Extraordinary Member

I'm happy we know who Leah ships Betsy with. Do it, Leah Williams. Write that Betsy/Angel wedding!