Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

While in other titles the Department X is portrayed very pragmatic, here we see them more like real people.
    Jubilee, Psylocke and Blob at least.
    Moneta is all evil. Iceman and Northstar have not being explored yet.
    I'm not sure if Betsy will get romantically involved with Fred.
    I think she just need someone sensitive to talk about her mommy issues.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm kinda surprised we're going right for the villains instead of someone like Big Bertha who's basically good-hearted, but used as a (pretty gross) joke character most of the time. But I guess that just goes back to the point of being able to count the plus-sized women in the Marvel stable on one hand, and almost none of them are heroes and/or taken seriously.
    A typical pattern. The fat women & gay men will usually be the joke characters. I guess to make them more acceptable so there's no backlash at the unappealing characters if they can be used to be laughed at.

It's like Deadpool's supposed pansexuality. A few writers, and an editor have noted DP isn't straight, yet he only ever hooks up with the hottest of hot women, and absolutely no men. And his gay side is treated as a joke. Hence he's seen as a straight character, who just jokes about liking dudes.

Last I saw Big Bertha, DP was trying to go out with her, and liked that she was fat. But she was offended that he only saw her as a fat fetish, and that it's what's inside that matters. Then when he takes off his mask, she pukes. A two in one joke.

I never knew I wanted Bloblocke

what I am tired about is this couples that they ramdonly do in alternate universes, in a couple of months they will go back to the main 616 and it will be forgoten. Like cyclops and frenzy. Hard to care if that is the end game.

I'm kinda surprised we're going right for the villains instead of someone like Big Bertha who's basically good-hearted, but used as a (pretty gross) joke character most of the time. But I guess that just goes back to the point of being able to count the plus-sized women in the Marvel stable on one hand, and almost none of them are heroes and/or taken seriously.
    Well, I was thinking of the Blob equivalent, but you're absolutely right. It's sad that I can only think of Big Bertha as a bigger Marvel hero yet I can think of numerous bigger female villains.

But Big Bertha also suffers from being able to transform into a thin supermodel at anytime she wishes. The recent GLA series tried to change it so she stays in "plus size" mode, but she still has that gross baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I’m talking about our world. And since most comic book readers are men, I doubt that Marvel will ever try to sell a story in which a woman is fat and a man is sporty.
    Yeah, after I sent it, I realized you were talking about real world publishing and stories.

Dude, noooo. She's worse than the friggin' Hellfire Brats.
    But imagine if she comes to the 616 to see her entire worldview shattered. Is she gonna assimilate with a society that goes against literally her entire existence or say screw it and join Apocalypse or something

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Why is it always the King of Queens effect? Why can't a big gal ever have some hot Chris Hemsworth-lookin' dude crawl over the table to her?
    If only writers took requests so Rainbow could get this into Runaways.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well, I was thinking of the Blob equivalent, but you're absolutely right. It's sad that I can only think of Big Bertha as a bigger Marvel hero yet I can think of numerous bigger female villains.

But Big Bertha also suffers from being able to transform into a thin supermodel at anytime she wishes. The recent GLA series tried to change it so she stays in "plus size" mode, but she still has that gross baggage.
    Right, I was just thinking how it could happen more often generally in the 616 as opposed to needing a reality warp with a side of brain-washing to even get to the point where the script could be flipped. And the answer still kinda seems to be a rather depressing, "Can't work with what ain't there." :/

ETA: As Snoop just pointed out - there's Gert! Are the Runaways supposed to still be teens?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If only writers took requests so Rainbow could get this into Runaways.
    Solicits teased Gert x Victor anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

The Runaways should be like over 18 now but Gert is younger and still a kid because she got Ant-Man'd and was just picked up from where she died.

So it's time for android boy to get a buff Hemsworth body and cement their love even further.

Why is it always the King of Queens effect? Why can't a big gal ever have some hot Chris Hemsworth-lookin' dude crawl over the table to her?
    I really wonder about this. There is tons of movies where the out of standart beauty guy get the hot girl without any effort on getting in shape. While the nerd girls have to go under a full change to be on the standart beauty.

This should be Wired, instead is very tired

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Late to the party. lol This came up in another thread. A tired trope of fat, ugly, or slouchy dudes getting hot women. All other pairings that could be focused on, and the X-Office has time to give us this. Granted, plenty of men read comics, so you want hot women. But women & gay men want a bit of fan-service & fantasy too. lol

At least Jean x Bishop wasn't as one-sided. lol
    Like I say: Tired of this trope, that is the sexual fantasy of straight men.

Bishop on real life would be like Idris Elba. Guy would be a chick magnet
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-27-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I really wonder about this. There is tons of movies where the out of standart beauty guy get the hot girl without any effort on getting in shape. While the nerd girls have to go under a full change to be on the standart beauty.

This should be Wired, instead is very tired
    Eh. Larger picture aside, I enjoyed it. Granted, that's mostly because this whole thing is pretty much guaranteed to end in a massive trainwreck, but that's most of the appeal of AoXM.

Eh. Larger picture aside, I enjoyed it. Granted, that's mostly because this whole thing is pretty much guaranteed to end in a massive trainwreck, but that's most of the appeal of AoXM.
    I can’t imagine anyone leaving Age of X-Man feeling happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    But imagine if she comes to the 616 to see her entire worldview shattered. Is she gonna assimilate with a society that goes against literally her entire existence or say screw it and join Apocalypse or something
    I mean, yes, I'd love to see her brain break at a whole world of people fucking with various degrees of casualness, but I'm not sure there's a lot of story potential for Super Prude the Psychic-Tentacle Nazi outside of her very specific setting.

I mean, yes, I'd love to see her brain break at a whole world of people fucking with various degrees of casualness, but I'm not sure there's a lot of story potential for Super Prude the Psychic-Tentacle Nazi outside of her very specific setting.
    Hail Hydra! Cut off one head and this qt's slimy fingers will take their place!