Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Right, I was just thinking how it could happen more often generally in the 616 as opposed to needing a reality warp with a side of brain-washing to even get to the point where the script could be flipped. And the answer still kinda seems to be a rather depressing, "Can't work with what ain't there." :/

ETA: As Snoop just pointed out - there's Gert! Are the Runaways supposed to still be teens?
    Gert is just slight above weight. On real life that is a common weight

she is nowhere close to Blob being Obese

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Gert is just slight above weight. On real life that is a common weight. she is nowhere close to Blob being Obese
    But still comparatively rare to see in comics, especially on female characters central to a book.

Extraordinary Member

Dude, noooo. She's worse than the friggin' Hellfire Brats.

Isn't this why Gambit exists? (JK!)
    I actually sort of liked the Hellfire brats.

And sure, Gambit exists, but how often do we see him shirtless or in anything fitting a fetish? Dammit, we want ladies and gay guys want to see men being sexualized. I don't even always mind there being few ugly or fat female characters because, you know, I get it. And to be fair, Blob is at least being drawn to look sort of cute, so you can soda to see the appeal.

But I want men to just be...I don't know, treated like women, sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I can’t imagine anyone leaving Age of X-Man feeling happy.
    Yeah, everyone is coming out of this needing a shower. It's a weird world where Cyclops, Wolverine, and fucking Havok are going to be more well adjusted than most of the others.

Also, good on Uncanny for giving us a bound and delirious Havok, even if it was just for a page.

Extraordinary Member

But still comparatively rare to see in comics, especially on female characters central to a book.
    But Gert isn't even ugly. She's cute and curvy. Plenty of people would still find her attractive.

It's true that Gert it's not Blob level or anything, but I'd say she's more than just "curvy".

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But Gert isn't even ugly. She's cute and curvy. Plenty of people would still find her attractive.
    I wasn't drawing equivalence to "plus-sized" and "ugly" - by comic book standards, Gert is plus-sized, though even that fluctuates depending on artist. And again, the point of it is that it's an unusual body type to see in a female character, especially in a central character meant to be likable and taken seriously.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-27-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Moneta is The Worst™

Blobsy is a way of life

Alll the UwUs to Leah Williams
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

There was also Swain from the Nuhunnies but mentioning any of them might be a bannable offense.

The world needs more Faith Herberts.
    But considering how X-Books have handled sexual and racial diversity maybe body types are a bit out of reach at the moment.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I actually sort of liked the Hellfire brats.

And sure, Gambit exists, but how often do we see him shirtless or in anything fitting a fetish? Dammit, we want ladies and gay guys want to see men being sexualized. I don't even always mind there being few ugly or fat female characters because, you know, I get it. And to be fair, Blob is at least being drawn to look sort of cute, so you can soda to see the appeal.

But I want men to just be...I don't know, treated like women, sometimes.
    Agreed! Lol

As a woman, I totally get that sexy women sell, and that's what guys wanna see. But some guys like big girls. Their can be some sexy big women drawn. On the flip, give girls & gay dudes some fan-service.

Speaking on shirtless, you hardly ever see it on Gambit, but surprise surprise, Wolverine is shirtless at least once in everything. lol

When he's being drawn as sexy, Creed puts Logan to shame imo.
    3.jpg
    14.jpg

But note I said "when he's drawn" as such. because we got tons of artists going out of their way to make him look fugly as Hell, especially when they got him paired with women. That above pic is an exception. lol

When he's paired with Mystique, Monet, or hot dates, we get crap like this.
    Playmates (1).jpg
    Kinda killin the effect. lol

Astonishing Member

This is the first time I've found Blob likable.

I love that Jubilee was called out for her hypocrisy.

Things are going to get interesting when the X Men find out that the X Tremists are responsible for causing the crises they face.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    This is the first time I've found Blob likable.

I love that Jubilee was called out for her hypocrisy.

Things are going to get interesting when the X Men find out that the X Tremists are responsible for causing the crises they face.
    I wonder if there's going to be any cross-book fallout from that. Nadler said the writers were all coordinating pretty closely on this event. Or maybe an alliance leading into the Omega issue.

I wonder if there's going to be any cross-book fallout from that. Nadler said the writers were all coordinating pretty closely on this event. Or maybe an alliance leading into the Omega issue.
    everything seems leading to omega issue

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I want to know what’s behind all the new mutants on Age of X-Man, because as much as I hate Moneta, I want her to be a 616 villain.
    Oh please no, I’m so sick of her whiny attitude and constant French (which I don’t even care to google translate it.) I want Moneta to end with AoXM, please no more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Oh please no, I’m so sick of her whiny attitude and constant French (which I don’t even care to google translate it.) I want Moneta to end with AoXM, please no more of her.
    She needs to join up with the French twins from Extermination to be a new villian group. Hellfire Kids 2.0? Or better yet Emma's new Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She needs to join up with the French twins from Extermination to be a new villian group. Hellfire Kids 2.0? Or better yet Emma's new Hellions
    You people are tempting fate, I swear... XD