Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She needs to join up with the French twins from Extermination to be a new villian group. Hellfire Kids 2.0? Or better yet Emma's new Hellions
    Emma would leave them on island to rot
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

How many obese men in comics have ever been depicted as getting the hot babe? I feel like the whole point of this arc is to show that someone like Blob, who doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell with anyone like Psylocke in real life, is actually capable of being attractive in a world where his mutation is celebrated instead of mocked. The tragedy of it being that the audience knows it’s not the real world and thus it’s only a matter of time until Blob goes back to being detested.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Oh please no, I’m so sick of her whiny attitude and constant French (which I don’t even care to google translate it.) I want Moneta to end with AoXM, please no more of her.
    Well many complain about lack of X-Villains. And she's apparently very hateable in just a few issues. So she'd be perfect.

And knowing what little I do about Leah Williams from interviews and Twitter, I'm kind of guessing that's the take she's going with here. Less "ugly guy gets the hot girl" fanservice but more "larger person representation."

I generally liked this issue but I do have a few criticisms. Bobby has vaulted to the top of the characters I find most annoying list with his “hahahahahahahhahaa” in issue one, his even more annoying than usual jokes, and his workplace harassment pranks. Northstar and Moneta aren’t much better with their over the top use of French. Like seriously, does every word bubble need at least one French word? Still blobsy has piqued my interest and I’m looking forward to the potential impact it might have on the last four issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    And knowing what little I do about Leah Williams from interviews and Twitter, I'm kind of guessing that's the take she's going with here. Less "ugly guy gets the hot girl" fanservice but more "larger person representation."
    I don't really see myself on Blob.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    How many obese men in comics have ever been depicted as getting the hot babe?
    I'm not sure about comics, but "Beauty and the Beast" is a pretty popular trope in mass culture. But, of course, it's always a woman who considered as beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, everyone is coming out of this needing a shower. It's a weird world where Cyclops, Wolverine, and fucking Havok are going to be more well adjusted than most of the others.

Also, good on Uncanny for giving us a bound and delirious Havok, even if it was just for a page.
    Yeah, Uncanny started out like hell’s gates and Age of X-Man seemed like some sort of heaven. Now, all the X-Men have to deal with the implanted indoctrination and casual allegiances to fascism. That’s also why I can see why anyone would think this won’t have some effect when they get back (if they remember). Like the Jean/Bishop thing, the closeting & re-closeting of all the nonstraight mutants, Kitty/Dazzler/Eye-Boy all serving under Apocalypse, Genesis accepting himself as Apocalypse’s heir even though that’s his worst nightmare, etc etc.

I imagine by the end of Uncanny #22 and AOXM Omega: Scott, Emma, and the crew are gonna be living lavishly just having saved mutantkind, while the other X-Men come home tired, depressed, and horny.

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    How many obese men in comics have ever been depicted as getting the hot babe? I feel like the whole point of this arc is to show that someone like Blob, who doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell with anyone like Psylocke in real life, is actually capable of being attractive in a world where his mutation is celebrated instead of mocked. The tragedy of it being that the audience knows it’s not the real world and thus it’s only a matter of time until Blob goes back to being detested.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t even consider it a “ugly guy gets hot girl” thing. Rahzzah, Jeanty, Failla, and To have all drawn Blob as clearly attractive (unless that’s just me). It’s moreso that Blob is always jokes on for his weight. Even in Dissassembled, Bobby cracks a joke about his weight for...no reason. Not that there should ever be a reason, but it was so tasteless and out of place.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

She needs to join up with the French twins from Extermination to be a new villian group. Hellfire Kids 2.0? Or better yet Emma's new Hellions
    Awwww I love Maxime and Manon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I mean, yes, I'd love to see her brain break at a whole world of people fucking with various degrees of casualness, but I'm not sure there's a lot of story potential for Super Prude the Psychic-Tentacle Nazi outside of her very specific setting.
    Oh please no, I’m so sick of her whiny attitude and constant French (which I don’t even care to google translate it.) I want Moneta to end with AoXM, please no more of her.
    Fine. What about Nezumi?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Moneta will be the new Fabian Cortez.

Forget Nezumi.
    "Cable was right!"

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Emma would leave them on island to rot
    I could actually see Emma being a great teacher to Moneta, Maxine and Manon.

I could actually see Emma being a great teacher to Moneta, Maxine and Manon.
    Wow, it just hit me that all three of them have M names. Emma's mentees...lol

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue, much more than the first. It felt like a lot of content. The art was also more consistent, although some facial expressions still feel a little off, and I still don't care for the way the colorist renders fleshtones. Blob's speech was so good. Looking forward to the next issue.

Incredible Member

Wow, it just hit me that all three of them have M names. Emma's mentees...lol
    If anyone does transition from this world into the 616 proper Moneta crossing over and then being a student. Just so they could make her the twins mother. They said the parents were students, they didnt say they were students we had seen.....