Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Huge improvement over the first issue. Art isn't my cup of tea, but overall it's very enjoyable. I'm really liking the direction this is going.
    Moneta is really becoming a hateful character and I like that Leah doesn't hesitate in portraying her like that. That scene with Nezumi was messed up. The whole Blob/Psylocke thing was also pretty cool. Psylocke talking about how she remembers her mom better from a nightmare than from holding her REALLY stung.

This book started the weakest, but good to know it can catch up.

Moneta needs to die a painful death, I can't stand her, as Fantomah would say "it's time to pay a dreadful penality!"
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

i just don't like this book. it's dull, slow, not fun, the characters are boring. blob is actually one of the only characters i like.

This comic became incredibly awkward to read so I think Leah has gotten exactly what she wanted. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This comic became incredibly awkward to read so I think Leah has gotten exactly what she wanted. Bravo.
    she's female "Brava" should be used
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    she's female "Brava" should be used
    Which language ?
    Last edited by Mirai; 03-27-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Wich language ?
    Bravo it'used in opera and it's italian

I really liked the way they did Fred and Betsy, it even makes sense because both of them are struggling under the Utopia with no feelings. Fred is burying himself in books and his feelings for Betsy, and Betsy is struggling with the absolute emptiness of their existence. I think it makes sense that she would want to understand what Fred is feeling for her by actually exploring it.

I kind of hope that when AoXM is over that Fred joins the X-Men, I kind of like that he is so at peace with himself and the way his power affected his body in this world. Of course if AoXM survives and some people stay behind, I could see Fred being one of the ones who stays behind to try and guide people to a world where they can truly care about each other. I am beginning to suspect if the AoXM universe continues that several characters will end up staying behind in the alternate reality.

I loved this issue. Big improvement over #1. It was shocking and creepy and sets up an overall situation that can’t help but bring everything down like a house of cards. I really want Blobsy to happen now.

Character hate is one of my pet peeves when it comes to comic fandom, but when it comes to Moneta I just can’t help it. She’s relentlessly, aggressively unlikeable and seems devoid of any redeeming qualities as a person. I hope the final issue comes down to Jubilee regaining her memories, realizing what’s happened, flying into a rage and burning Moneta to ash from the inside out (especially if she freaks out at Jubes for having a son). This would make me a very happy reader and I’m kind of shocked I said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Some characters are meant to be hated. XD It's a nice change of pace, tbh. Sympathetic backstories are all well and good, but sometimes you just want the catharsis of seeing someone loathesome get their just deserts.

all this hate for Moneta when it looked like she was going to be such a sweet kid when we first saw her

Extraordinary Member

I just want Moneta to come to 616 and have no idea how to react to a normal world. I want her to be disgusted by the sight of pregnant women just going by their days, I want her to be tortured with family videos and romantic comedies.

How she treated Nezumi is just disgusting. What makes it any different than what we see in 616 with all the mutant prisons? And what did this poor woman do? She just had sex and got unlucky enough to have a baby because there's no birth control or even basic knowledge about how to avoid a pregnancy. And that is the truly horrific thing about Nate's world: he wanted a utopia, but he's given people free will and then violently punishes them when they use it for basic human needs. I didn't realize what people meant when they call Nate a misogynist, but after this issue, I get it. Sure, the man in these relationships gets hurled off to prison, but if you're a woman and you get pregnant, what happens to you? There's no equipment or medication around just for having babies. Instead, if you get a jailer like Moneta, you'll get hurled into a dark and awful basement and tied to a pipe and given scraps.

I really like that they are working against decades of Blob being ridiculed for his weight and made to look grotesque. I think this is a good and important thing that should shape all future depictions of Fred, whether he continues to be a villain or is reformed after this event.

I don't love it when "all the x-men are gay!" writers contribute to the overwhelming sea of heterosexuality in the X-books though. I know its supposed to eventually get to the queer characters but why haven't any seeds been planted yet?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I really like that they are working against decades of Blob being ridiculed for his weight and made to look grotesque. I think this is a good and important thing that should shape all future depictions of Fred, whether he continues to be a villain or is reformed after this event.

I don't love it when "all the x-men are gay!" writers contribute to the overwhelming sea of heterosexuality in the X-books though. I know its supposed to eventually get to the queer characters but why haven't any seeds been planted yet?
    I think many gay writers either just don't want to rock the boat or they have their favorite characters and those characters just aren't gay. In this case, this book has two gay characters in it and they don't really have the opportunity to have this big headey romance because of the culture they're in. The romance between Blob and Betsy is made so much more tragic because it is a relationship built on convenience as much as any real love. Perhaps Fred is attracted to her, but for Betsy it is very much that Fred is there and willing to give her the out she has been needing and didn't realize it.

I'm not sure it would mean as much if Bobby or Northstar were attracted to each other and decided to try sex. Granted, I wonder if that will happen and wouldn't be shocked if it did.

As I said in previous comments, I think gay characters would particularly find this world confusing. I mean, straight couples make some biological sense and serve some biological function. Given their perspective of sex and love being very animalistic and subhuman almost, two people of the same sex being attracted to each other might not make any sense to them at all. They might not know what to do with how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

Northstar will get an entire issue where he spoilers:
    flips out upon learning he was forced back into the closet
    end of spoilers. You just have to wait