Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Northstar will get an entire issue where he spoilers:
    flips out upon learning he was forced back into the closet
    end of spoilers. You just have to wait
    Northstar is married in 616. Yeah, I can see him being mad about not being able to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think many gay writers either just don't want to rock the boat or they have their favorite characters and those characters just aren't gay. In this case, this book has two gay characters in it and they don't really have the opportunity to have this big headey romance because of the culture they're in. The romance between Blob and Betsy is made so much more tragic because it is a relationship built on convenience as much as any real love. Perhaps Fred is attracted to her, but for Betsy it is very much that Fred is there and willing to give her the out she has been needing and didn't realize it.

I'm not sure it would mean as much if Bobby or Northstar were attracted to each other and decided to try sex. Granted, I wonder if that will happen and wouldn't be shocked if it did.

As I said in previous comments, I think gay characters would particularly find this world confusing. I mean, straight couples make some biological sense and serve some biological function. Given their perspective of sex and love being very animalistic and subhuman almost, two people of the same sex being attracted to each other might not make any sense to them at all. They might not know what to do with how they feel.
    There's been so much talk about this and I know the writers are aware of that this story means being recloseting queer characters. But I haven't seen anything on the pages yet (but have seen a lot of heterosexuality).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Northstar will get an entire issue where he spoilers:
    flips out upon learning he was forced back into the closet
    end of spoilers. You just have to wait
    I know that issue four promises spoilers:
    gay rage
    end of spoilers but I'm tired of deferring queerness to later. I didn't love that this issue ended with a sexy woman seducing a man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i just don't like this book. it's dull, slow, not fun, the characters are boring.

I agree
    this story seems like its going to hurt every character involved for a while

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    How many obese men in comics have ever been depicted as getting the hot babe? I feel like the whole point of this arc is to show that someone like Blob, who doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell with anyone like Psylocke in real life, is actually capable of being attractive in a world where his mutation is celebrated instead of mocked. The tragedy of it being that the audience knows it’s not the real world and thus it’s only a matter of time until Blob goes back to being detested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Fine. What about Nezumi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Moneta needs to die a painful death, I can't stand her, as Fantomah would say "it's time to pay a dreadful penality!"
    Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I agree
    this story seems like its going to hurt every character involved for a while
    I don't particularly see the problem there. As I said before, part of the fun here is seeing these characters be put through the ringer while people like Cyclops, Wolverine, and even Havok and tge New Mutants work through their problems and make the world a better place for mutants.

That's probably why a lot of the changes won't last, but still, it's rather fun.

That being said, I can see why this event wouldn't be too great for a lot of fans. It is revolting in spots.

Was this the only X-Book this week? It's the only new issue discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Was this the only X-Book this week? It's the only new issue discussion thread.
    X-Force too.

It'll be a heftier upcoming week for the X-Books:
    AoXM: Prisoner X #2
    Deadpool #11
    Major 6 #1
    Uncanny X-Men #15

BANNED

I do have to applaud Blob being treated as an actual person, I also love that even if this is (maybe) an AU version of Psylocke she's got depth and character, and goes beyond stabby mc Stabby. It's the reason I fell in Love with her in the 80's. She was human, flawed but human.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I do have to applaud Blob being treated as an actual person, I also love that even if this is (maybe) an AU version of Psylocke she's got depth and character, and goes beyond stabby mc Stabby. It's the reason I fell in Love with her in the 80's. She was human, flawed but human.
    These aren’t AU characters - these are the 616 characters planted in an AU. Or at least I think so. I can’t keep up any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    These aren’t AU characters - these are the 616 characters planted in an AU. Or at least I think so. I can’t keep up any more.
    Zac Thompson said they are the 616 characters.

Ultimate Member

With their entire histories erased and replaced by made up memories that aren't real...it's like when Sabretooth was inverted...kind of...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

And people were still pissing blood over him being on X-teams & having a budding romance with Monet. But if he was a different person, and it shouldn't count, then why was it such a big deal, if it's not the same Sabretooth?

Clearly fans still counted that as Sabretooth, and despite circumstances he still did all the disgusting stuff he did. Very few gave him a pass as a different character. So these characters are still our characters & their actions still count, despite Nate's manipulation.

In the end, whether we like the stories or not, these are our 616 characters. Which is why they aren't with the others in Uncanny & X-Force, because they got moved elsewhere. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-28-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And people were still pissing blood over him being on X-teams & having a budding romance with Monet. But if he was a different person, and it shouldn't count, then why was it such a big deal, if it's not the same Sabretooth?

Clearly fans still counted that as Sabretooth, and despite circumstances he still did all the disgusting stuff he did. Very few gave him a pass as a different character. So these characters are still our characters & their actions still count, despite Nate's manipulation.

In the end, whether we like the stories or not, these are our 616 characters. Which is why they aren't with the others in Uncanny & X-Force, because they got moved elsewhere. lol
    Part of me really hopes that when this is all over and they’re back in the 616 they remember everything they did in Nateworld. Just imagine the fallout, especially for the characters in this book. Case in point:

- As evidenced by the forest scene Department X often sets fires for the X-men to publicly deal with.
    - Jubilee is the team’s fire starter (because she would be).
    - The X-men had to go to the rescue of a hatchery full of babies that was burning.

Heavy, heavy stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

this ruins every single character involved until Hickman fixes them

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    With their entire histories erased and replaced by made up memories that aren't real...it's like when Sabretooth was inverted...kind of...
    their histories havent been erased; they'e been overwritten. Several of the characters are starting to remember their true lives