Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
I don't think the plan was necessarily to humiliate him as much as it was to throw him off his game. And in my opinion, one of Doom's exploitable weaknesses is that he is vain, egotistical and very much ashamed that his appearance does not match the persona he displays to the outside world.

We don't know what the heroes' entire plan is. I am assuming there is more to it, but if there isn't, I'm not going to be upset about it. As much as I do not condone public shaming in a real life setting, after Doom yet again tortured them and threatened that their children would have to grow up without parents, I could understand using tactics that might hit a little below the belt to get free.
Heroes are supposed to have higher standards then the villains, when that doesn't happen the heroes just look like moralising and hypocritical assholes. It doesn't matter that Doom imprisoned the Fantastic Four and tortured them, such behaviour from the monarch of Latveria towards uninvited guests is to be expected. If anything the Fantastic Four should be flattered that Doom prepared such bespoke forms of imprisonment for them. If the Fantastic Four are in any way surprised and upset by the situation 70 years into this relationship then they are in the wrong line of work and completely out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
In most other books, this would apply. In Fantastic Four, however, the family members are a big part of the book. Franklin and Valeria are just about as big a part of the cast as Reed and company. It seems obvious that another story is buidling here and seeing how the kids and Alicia deal with it tells us about them. If all you're looking for is heroes and villains fighting, just about any other hero series will do that. The Franklin plot is why the FF is different and not just another X-Men of Avengers team.
I get where you're coming from but I can't help but feel that Franklin feels like a spare wheel at the moment. Too young to go on the more dangerous missions but not old enough to be independent in his own right. At least if Franklin was a mutant he could find a place on one of the X-Men's junior rosters in a team book with an ensemble cast. As it stands Franklin is just going to be overshadowed by his more famous parents.