Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

The Ben trap is brilliant.

Intergalactic Wakanda has somehow ended up boring, please give me intergalactic/expanded Latveria.

Good to see Vic taking the place's health more seriously instead of it being the local zoo that his house is in.

Waiting for Chekhov's remaining godlike power to pop any arc now.

We are now doing John Byrne's job for him.

Doom's regal outfit is very good and I would like for that to be his default.

Give Valeria a gun.

For a more dramatic version of what Susan did, look up the Fape X Bendi video.

Now things are really going to go to hell.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Looking at it again, I definitely want that Doom design to stick.

The issue doesn't really clarify if the power surges will be that big of a problem.

I hope that first world Latveria becomes one of Dan's plots that builds over the course of the run.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The moment Doom done fucked up.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

In all honesty I thought doom came across as a an amateur here

And whilst I appreciate the comedy of the invisible trick I thought it a very silly move given the situation

All-New Member

This Issue is really a Homage to the Early FF . Doom steals the Power Cosmic (As he did to 1st. the Surfer MANY years ago ) . Next , He has individual traps for each member ( Check almost EVERY Doom story from #5 on) Third, In Issue #5 Reed warns Victor about his Calculations . Not for nothing did they bring back many old characters. In the Old Days Marvel used to have another Superhero help them out (Daredevil in #'s 38 and 39 , Doc Strange , Nick Fury in #21 against the Hate Monger ,etc.) Where's Agatha Harkness ? ,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ulti View Post
    This Issue is really a Homage to the Early FF . Doom steals the Power Cosmic (As he did to 1st. the Surfer MANY years ago ) . Next , He has individual traps for each member ( Check almost EVERY Doom story from #5 on) Third, In Issue #5 Reed warns Victor about his Calculations . Not for nothing did they bring back many old characters. In the Old Days Marvel used to have another Superhero help them out (Daredevil in #'s 38 and 39 , Doc Strange , Nick Fury in #21 against the Hate Monger ,etc.) Where's Agatha Harkness ? ,
    That's a good point, it's very reminiscent I feel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The moment Doom done fucked up.

Yup. Bad move, Vic.

BANNED

Not sure that I care for the Franklin side story, didn't accomplish much and the whole teenage angst thing has been done far better in countless other comics. Moreover, in this age of decompression space really is at a premium. Every page wasted on Franklin could've been used to further develop the main plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    This was by far my favorite part of the issue. I love that Sue and the rest of the F4's plan up until now was to hit Doom where it hurts- his ego.
    If the point of that exercise was to humiliate Doom I can't help but think it should backfire. The Fantastic Four just look like petty assholes, when they 'disrobe' a head of state and a clearly disfigured man in front of an audience. It's an act of the powerless and childish, not what you'd expect to see from Marvel's greatest heroes.

Besides, if anything this stunt would probably be a huge publicity boost for Doom. People really respond to seeing a more human side to even the world's worst monsters. That's empathy in action, by revealing Doom as the man behind the armour the Fantastic Four have only weakened their position. You can feel sorry for Doom as he's bullied by the Fantastic Four and their one-sided sense of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Not sure that I care for the Franklin side story, didn't accomplish much and the whole teenage angst thing has been done far better in countless other comics. Moreover, in this age of decompression space really is at a premium. Every page wasted on Franklin could've been used to further develop the main plot.

If the point of that exercise was to humiliate Doom I can't help but think it should backfire. The Fantastic Four just look like petty assholes, when they 'disrobe' a head of state and a clearly disfigured man in front of an audience. It's an act of the powerless and childish, not what you'd expect to see from Marvel's greatest heroes.

Besides, if anything this stunt would probably be a huge publicity boost for Doom. People really respond to seeing a more human side to even the world's worst monsters. That's empathy in action, by revealing Doom as the man behind the armour the Fantastic Four have only weakened their position. You can feel sorry for Doom as he's bullied by the Fantastic Four and their one-sided sense of justice.
    ..... He's tried to kill them multiple times and is in the middle of trying to execute them. He's lucky that's all he got.

He's literally the pettiest man alive and tortured them for years all because of his ego. The FF are not in the wrong at all. Other people would have killed him for less.
    It's not bullying, it's revealing a weak pathetic man for what he truly is.

I feel no pity for him getting his just desserts.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-27-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I don't think the plan was necessarily to humiliate him as much as it was to throw him off his game. And in my opinion, one of Doom's exploitable weaknesses is that he is vain, egotistical and very much ashamed that his appearance does not match the persona he displays to the outside world.

We don't know what the heroes' entire plan is. I am assuming there is more to it, but if there isn't, I'm not going to be upset about it. As much as I do not condone public shaming in a real life setting, after Doom yet again tortured them and threatened that their children would have to grow up without parents, I could understand using tactics that might hit a little below the belt to get free.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 03-27-2019 at 01:55 PM.

BANNED

Doom was just taking satisfaction in torturing the FF on live TV, while issuing threats to the world at large.

Having the FF do the equivalent of pants him in retaliation isn't likely to have anyone suddenly look at them as the bad guys in this situation.

Also, it's a safe bet that there's a bit more of their plan to come and it isn't simply about exposing Doom's features.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Doom was just taking satisfaction in torturing the FF on live TV, while issuing threats to the world at large.

Having the FF do the equivalent of pants him in retaliation isn't likely to have anyone suddenly look at them as the bad guys in this situation.

Also, it's a safe bet that there's a bit more of their plan to come and it isn't simply about exposing Doom's features.
    You misspelled "shortcomings". Iron Maiden's going to hurt me for this, isn't she?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's not bullying, it's revealing a weak pathetic man for what he truly is.
    As far as anyone else is concerned, the space man who eats planets is being used by someone who antagonized the world multiple times or said space man is going to break out and be very, very pissed. If I was anyone in this comic, I think that should be the concern, not Doom's broadcast.

In most other books, this would apply. In Fantastic Four, however, the family members are a big part of the book. Franklin and Valeria are just about as big a part of the cast as Reed and company. It seems obvious that another story is buidling here and seeing how the kids and Alicia deal with it tells us about them. If all you're looking for is heroes and villains fighting, just about any other hero series will do that. The Franklin plot is why the FF is different and not just another X-Men of Avengers team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You misspelled "shortcomings".
    Haha!! Yes, very true!