Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I think you'll find that being a superhero is little more than vigilantism by another name. Heck, it works for the Punisher, he gets to be counted amongst the good guys and he outright murders people on a regular basis. To Doom's credit as the Infamous Iron Man he was actually trying to do the right thing, even if the rest of the Marvel universe didn't believe him. That's how Bendis (against all odds) managed to stay true to Doom as a character, with that tragic nobility that underpins all of Doom's endeavours. Because this was never about Doom seeking redemption, becoming Iron Man was Doom searching for a new way to redeem the world and save humanity from itself.
    One one level comparing Bendis’ Dark Reign Cabal Doom to Bendis’ Infamous Iron Man. I would think the two don’t appear to be compatible.

On another level comparing God Doom of Battleworld to the redeemed Infamous Iron Man. There is a case that says that Infamous Doom is looking to humble himself in the 616 as against the bullying God Doom of Battleworld, but he is short-circuited when Reed Richards returns, Dooms arch-nemesis. There can be no humbling Doom while Richards is alive.

I think there is an element of Infamous Doom play-acting. Lots of people fool themselves into thinking they are doing good, but that’s not really them. I think Doom has to accept who he really is before he can let go of his Richards drama. Doom doesn’t need to have to justify himself to Richards. Doom is great. Maybe Richards is great too. Doom has to get to a place where, “Who cares if Richards’ ego has to outdo Dooms”
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-12-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Love it. Great idea, Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Love it. Great idea, Sue.
    Besides the obvious comical aspect of the action, Sue turning parts of weapons and scanners invisible could be extremely useful.