Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Loved the issue...classic Doom moments...and dialogue...as for what Sue did to him...as much as I love Doom what he said about taking the children was her breaking point...Doom is not the worlds pettiest child as described in this thread...layers of character define Doom but there are somethings that will always define him and his obsessions...besting Richards will be a priority...he has done it before...who knows what is to come for Doom and Latveria but this intergalactic humiliation reminded me ofnwhat happened in issue 200 when he saw multiple mirrored images of his face...slott has been impressing me...time for the conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And the remark about "shortcomings" are beneath the both of you, CaptainCleghorn and Prof Warren. I guess you had to come up with something "positive" about this weak sauce of a story. And as anyone here knows, being naked sure didn't stop Doom from killing a lion
    I freely admit it was a cheap shot and a grasp at low hanging fruit (pun unintended, but damn, I wish I had planned it) for a joke. I fluctuate between silly and academic posts so often even I don't know what I'm on this time.

Sue turning Doom's armor invisible works as a joke, but she could take actions like turning armor invisible to prevent readings inside the face plate, or to make weapons harder to find and use. It's a potentially valuable tool in her arsenal.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

But the control for the device didn't move....it was still right there in front of him. smh

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I freely admit it was a cheap shot and a grasp at low hanging fruit (pun unintended, but damn, I wish I had planned it) for a joke. I fluctuate between silly and academic posts so often even I don't know what I'm on this time.
    Don't worry, you're forgiven. But didn't you see the obvious flaws of this story? If this is the best Slott can do then I don't have high hopes for this title. Maybe I did make a cheap shot about Doom propping up the Fantastic Four's relaunch but there is some truth to that. He survived as a viable character without them the years they were gone. And the hottest rumor in the MCU has more to do with Doom then the Fantastic Four themselves. Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers have both expressed their interest in Noah Hawley's script for a Doom solo, which appears to be inspired by Brubaker's Books of Doom.

How does Sue's power get past Doom's force-field?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Thought for the day: In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way.
    Thought for the day: if you're having trouble identifying the villain in a story, look to the character who's torturing and imprisoning people.

And the remark about "shortcomings" are beneath the both of you, CaptainCleghorn and Prof Warren. I guess you had to come up with something "positive" about this weak sauce of a story. And as anyone here knows, being naked sure didn't stop Doom from killing a lion
    Not hard to come up with something positive to say about an entertaining issue. Sorry it didn't work for you.

As for jokes about Doom's shortcomings...the Captain's remark did elicit a chuckle from me. Luckily Doom is not a real person so I have no guilt over someone taking a cheap shot at his manhood (or lack thereof, as the Cap implied). But also on that note, I expect that the next issue will reveal that there's more to Sue's maneuver than just embarrassing Doom.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Thought for the day: if you're having trouble identifying the villain in a story, look to the character who's torturing and imprisoning people.

Not hard to come up with something positive to say about an entertaining issue. Sorry it didn't work for you.

As for jokes about Doom's shortcomings...the Captain's remark did elicit a chuckle from me. Luckily Doom is not a real person so I have no guilt over someone taking a cheap shot at his manhood (or lack thereof, as the Cap implied). But also on that note, I expect that the next issue will reveal that there's more to Sue's maneuver than just embarrassing Doom.
    You have more confidence in Slott than I do. I find his run to be very unimaginative and cliche so far. Even Franklin is blase about the death traps. I think Hickman was able to get through his entire FF fun without that didn't he? Regressing Doom into a moustache twirling villain doesn't work for me. At the very least it ignores the past couple of years of developments.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-27-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Victor's whole head was scarred because it was a magical attack, so it could have affected more than just what was exposed.

I get what Dan's idea for Vic is now. He tried to find a new way to happiness in Infamous, and all he really got at the end was punishment. So he just dips into this depression, but then Zora talks to him about Latveria and he realizes that he might be able to find it there. He's seeking refuge by taking his nation and its position seriously for the first time, and wants to show the universe that he and the state have changed too. But the rest of the family botching this is going to make their relationship toxic again and conflict with any peace he's made with them. I really want to see where this and the Neo Latveria stuff goes in the long game.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Maybe I did make a cheap shot about Doom propping up the Fantastic Four's relaunch but there is some truth to that. He survived as a viable character without them the years they were gone. And the hottest rumor in the MCU has more to do with Doom then the Fantastic Four themselves. Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers have both expressed their interest in Noah Hawley's script for a Doom solo, which appears to be inspired by Brubaker's Books of Doom.
    At this point, the biggest and lasting alumnus from the pages of Fantastic Four is Black Panther. His one movie made more bank than all previous FF adaptations combined. And it would make way more sense to introduce Doom in Dr. Strange 2 or 3 then do another reboot of the FF.

And the Russos are big Hickman fans (the Black Order showed up in IW) and that run will probably have a big influence if and when MCU make what will be the...fourth (heh)...attempt to do right by the Baxter Building's most famous occupants.

Discuss.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Favourite part of the issue. It's nice to see Alicia have an actual personality and show emotions beyond the mold she's usually put in.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

How did Invisible Woman's power get past Doom's force-field?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Discuss.
    Ummm, misbehaving teen, angry babysitter, parental type threat not taken literally. That's pretty much it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Discuss.
    I don't see the problem. Alicia is mad and it's not like she's really going to kill Franklin. Lots of people would say the same thing. And as Crimz says, it's nice to see her actually be mad and acting like a normal person.

But the control for the device didn't move....it was still right there in front of him. smh

Don't worry, you're forgiven. But didn't you see the obvious flaws of this story? If this is the best Slott can do then I don't have high hopes for this title. Maybe I did make a cheap shot about Doom propping up the Fantastic Four's relaunch but there is some truth to that. He survived as a viable character without them the years they were gone. And the hottest rumor in the MCU has more to do with Doom then the Fantastic Four themselves. Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers have both expressed their interest in Noah Hawley's script for a Doom solo, which appears to be inspired by Brubaker's Books of Doom.
    I thoink an early appearance by Doom after Secret Wars and Two-In-One was a necessity. The Reed/Vic reunion had to happen.

As for detailed analysis, I have a thick pile of books which will be read outside on a warm sunny day later this week. But I have not been happy with Victor's reversion back to villain. Up until the crap pulled on the FF, I could buy it as a darker turn for good, but the crap going on here brings Doom back to Lee/Kirby personality.

Doom and Owen SAVED a planet in Secret Wars. Reed had a ship with a small crew. Granted, Reed and Franklin expanded on that recreating a multiverse, but Doom was the guy who kept stuff going. And then after the Bendis and M2I1 issues, Doom had a new outlook which went away because God knows why.

Doom, IMO, should be like Ozymandias in Watchmen. He'll do what needs to be done and he won't worry about keeping his hands clean. Although Reed also has a "Ends Justify the Means", Vic's grey is darker. At this point, I don't think Doom should be doing any mustache twirling villainy. I could buy his capturing a power source to power Latveria. But too many details so far neglect any personal growth. And as much as some may claim otherwise, Doom is probably considered a regular cast member of this book.

I'll have more after a detailed read, but only because I do like hearing myself talk.