Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Possible episode 9 poster leak (spoilers)

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-episod...ren-promo-art/

Seems to be legit, doesn't seem to incorporate any existing stuff that could be photoshopped...

-The biggest thing of course seems to be the Knights of Ren.

-Looks like Rey repaired the saber, looks like there's some sort of brown thing used to fix it.

-Looks like new Y-wings and a TIE interceptor. Also, Red Stormtroopers with slightly different armor design than their counterparts.

-Some weird looking alien. Hopefully not a Jar-Jar type.

-Kylo's cracked helmet look confirmed

-Also BB8's buddy.

-New characters...smuggler looking lady and I'm pretty sure the person with the gold helmet and purple suit is Keri Russel's bounty hunter character, as she was described this way.

-No sign of Rose or Luke, Leia, or Lando. Then again this is pretty much just showing off the new characters.

-Strangest of all, C-3PO with his own bandolier and bowcaster!

Also new pics down here confirms character names, and shows Lando with a cane.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...eak_183509.asp
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Why not just post it? Looks like CBR got nailed.

EDIT: Nevermind, spoilers!

It matches all the product descriptions of new toys so far: new TIE, Z-99 Headhunter, BTL-A6 Y-wing, A-wing Mark III, a new modified X-wing, Knights of Ren, 2 new bounty hunters, Kylo's red-lined reforged helmet, new droid, red Storm Troopers and C-3PO with bowcaster bandolier. All that is missing from the early product descriptions is Lando with a cane and a fish-like alien gangster.

But it is rather low-rez ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-27-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Kind of interesting the A-wing's color scheme is now pretty much Ralph Mcquarrie's ROTJ concept art look. (The TLJ A-wing designs also bore a slight resemblance to the art, but this is even closer).

Here's a higher rez look.

If that's true, Kylo's helmet looks really freaking cool.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

There's lot of white i see.

Well let's see what we got.

Is it just me or is Finn moving further and further back with each poster?

C3PO is carrying a blaster? Okay, I like it.

BB8 is pushing his luck with his new buddy. We don't need more droids.

Hello there new CGI character. I hope you aren't as terrible as you look.

Hello two new characters added for the last movie that will steal time away from the characters we are supposed to care about.

Check it out, its the Knights Of Ren! I can't wait to see their lightsabers battles. What do you mean they don't seem to have lightsabers? Yeah, I see the one person with the weird knife. Maybe that one person likes knifes. I'm going to choose to believe that they have lightsabers.

Rey is both bored and boring, but when you have been playing the game on easy mode and offered only token resistance that is bound to happen.

Like the ships.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Some have noted that Finn's look is basically Han 2.0. Same pants with the stripes. His vest also resembles some ANH concept art for Han's look.

iMan 42s

I dig the red stormtroopers.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

No R2? Other than that wouldn't mind at all if this is legit.

3PO in particular looks very interesting all decked out in Chewie gear.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

With the 3PO thing I hope it doesn't quite come off as hokey as the AOTC moment when 3PO was mismatched with a battle droid.

Hamill says it is the work of an ultra passionate fan.

And the next debate starts!

I'm thinking while it's not *the* theatrical poster, it's probably a promotional poster of some kind. Posters with similar designs arrived at around this point in 2015 and 2017 (and are usually kind sold at poster bins in stores).

And Hammil might have been told to misdirect. It's not unheard of with Abrams....before Into Darkness came out, he and the cast all denied that Cumberbatch was a new version of Khan.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-28-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm thinking while it's not *the* theatrical poster, it's probably a promotional poster of some kind. Posters with similar designs arrived at around this point in 2015 and 2017 (and are usually kind sold at poster bins in stores).

And Hammil might have been told to misdirect. It's not unheard of with Abrams....before Into Darkness came out, he and the cast all denied that Cumberbatch was a new version of Khan.
    Hamill doesn't need to be told to do that ... he screws with us all the time.

And calling it an UPF and it ends up being relatively true ... then he didn't lie either. From a certain point of view.

Lol, they went back to the "already old by episode 4" Y-Wing bombers after that clusterf**k of a bombing run in TLJ.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Kind of makes sense. Like the Rebellion before it, the Resistance stuff is basically stuck with using a lot of outdated ships. The Resistance TV show, for instance, shows that while the new trilogies's X-wings are more advanced than the OT's, they're still a couple of models behind the New Republic's versions (Which the last Jedi novel implies has cloaking devices, although it's part of a sarcastic joke by Poe).

The X-wing and A-wing for instance were rejected Imperial designs that were sold to the Rebels I think (Both of course were based on prequel-era ships such as the ARC and the Jedi starfighter that were used by the Republic) and of course the Y-wing was just kind of stripped down. Same thing with a lot of the capital ships except for the Mon Calamari stuff which were actually repurposed cities(!)

I think the B-wing is actually the only fighter pretty much designed only for the rebellion.