View Poll Results: What did you think about this issue?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 6.90%
  • ★★

4 13.79%
  • ★★★

11 37.93%
  • ★★★★

9 31.03%
  • ★★★★★

3 10.34%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wonder Woman # 67 review

What do you guys think about this Issue?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It would probably be 3.5, but I went with 4.

Art is still sub-par, but this was better than last issue. More action, which was more well done, and Diana and Giganta make a good team.

I guess with Leslie MIA, and Ferdinand seemingly hooking up with Eirene, i guess Molly and Damon will now fill the inter species romance role. Molly finding that sword at the end, and the Titans mentioning it, was surprising. Is the sword connected to Olympus and the Amazons, or (as the next issue teaser blurb indicated) are some Artuhrian legends going to be mixed in?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have always been a huge Cary Nord fan, but I am so disappointed with his run here. He is just not the right artist for the book. I can only imagine how grand this story could be with a different artist like the Dodsons, Luppachino, Xermanico, jason fabok...
    Other than the art, I thought the story was much better this time. It does seem that GWW is getting used to Diana, although I didnt much care for the grunt when pulling the door off. That should not even be grunt worthy.

I really liked it! It was light, fun and exciting, even Cary Nord's art was good to me this issue. The big man needing rescuing twice with belly-button and butt-crack showing was hilarious. Liked Damon's romantic line worthy of Romeo, Diana commenting on edged weapons in NRA country with Gladys' nonplussed reaction and Doris and Diana giving their best Thelma and Louise (or was it Bette and Joan?). I was intrigued by Maggie's talk about magic, sparkle and wonder and then with her eyes all aglow, finding the sword the "Titans" were protecting, that just happens to sport her first initial. This was a great first leg of the journey to Themyscira!

Hahaha, 5/5! The best Wonder Woman comic this year!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

I felt this was the best of GWW's run so far. There were several things I enjoyed but I would still only rate this 3 stars. For the most part, the pacing and action sequences were solid. The dialog between Wonder Woman and Giganta was better.

A few things that left me scratching my head:
    --Why not just take the driver all the way to safety before engaging the titan? I don't know if that was GWW or Nord's choice.
    --The timeline of events is wonky.
    --Again, the Incredible Journey crew is just...wandering in the woods after the encounter with the titan. Is their journey still on purpose? Because it seemed like it wasn't in the last issue as they were fleeing from the titan. It's a surprise (or poor superheroing) that WW left them like that. They did not seem to like this journey when they appeared in this issue.
    --The satyr and the waitress have fallen in love...already? Or is this Aphrodite's doing? Or her son?
    --And where is Aphrodite? Wasn't she helping against the Titan last issue (if only briefly)?

Despite those head-scratchers, I enjoyed this issue of GWW's run most.

jBn