Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,813

    Default *What's Your Classic Comic Cover Date?*

    Inspired by Shadowcat's similar threads in the Batman and Wonder Woman forums, I thought it'd be fun to post images of comic covers released on the month/year of our birthdays. Any publisher, any genre, any anything is fair game!

    I'll start with the aforementioned Batman and Wonder Woman covers...

    August 1982:

    Batman #350


    Detective Comics #517


    Wonder Woman #294
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  2. #2
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    693

    Default

    May two favorite heroes as a child, and their covers the month and year I was born so long ago...




  3. #3
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    LEGION Outpost
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Inspired by Shadowcat's similar threads in the Batman and Wonder Woman forums, I thought it'd be fun to post images of comic covers released on the month/year of our birthdays. Any publisher, any genre, any anything is fair game!

    I'll start with the aforementioned Batman and Wonder Woman covers...

    August 1982:

    Batman #350


    Detective Comics #517


    Wonder Woman #294
    I literally own all 3 of these issues.
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Wonder Woman/ \Hawkman/ \Princess Projectra/
    *Aquaman* *Hawkwoman* *Doctor Fate* *Vixen*
    >Phase<>Brainiac 2<>Madame Xanadu<>Bronze Tiger<
    <Hawk & Dove><Catwoman><Zatanna><Madame Xanadu>

  4. #4
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I literally own all 3 of these issues.
    You have great taste!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  5. #5
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I love that vampire arc through Bats and 'Tec!! Here's mine...

    Batman251_MG_2288_(sm).jpg

  6. #6
    Spectacular Member bob fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suburbs of Philly
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Well little did I know that Batgirl was introduced January of 1967.image.jpg
    I'd love to have a John Byrne Superman omnibus in my collection.How 'bout it DC?

  7. #7
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,813

    Default

    Some non-Bat books from August, 1982:

    Action Comics #534


    Superman #374
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  8. #8
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    LEGION Outpost
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Some non-Bat books from August, 1982:

    Action Comics #534


    Superman #374
    I also have both of these issues lol.
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Wonder Woman/ \Hawkman/ \Princess Projectra/
    *Aquaman* *Hawkwoman* *Doctor Fate* *Vixen*
    >Phase<>Brainiac 2<>Madame Xanadu<>Bronze Tiger<
    <Hawk & Dove><Catwoman><Zatanna><Madame Xanadu>

  9. #9
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    LEGION Outpost
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Here are my top 3 from Marvel from September 1980:

    3. Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man 46
    54C1A187-A3F9-406E-9FC0-D15D2487F4CC.jpg

    2: Savage She-Hulk 8
    4359D5DC-D6FA-4311-A038-ADEA5039FCFF.jpg4359D5DC-D6FA-4311-A038-ADEA5039FCFF.jpg

    1. Uncanny X-Men 136
    4706936E-77EA-4B8A-9B5A-26363458D79C.jpg
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Wonder Woman/ \Hawkman/ \Princess Projectra/
    *Aquaman* *Hawkwoman* *Doctor Fate* *Vixen*
    >Phase<>Brainiac 2<>Madame Xanadu<>Bronze Tiger<
    <Hawk & Dove><Catwoman><Zatanna><Madame Xanadu>

  10. #10
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    LEGION Outpost
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    And here is my top 3 DC covers from September 1980 is:

    3. Adventure Comics 475
    AABD23B4-6A5F-4918-AEA5-7FC623F22759.jpg

    2. Brave & the Bold 166
    E6077D5C-5D68-447A-8727-26BFE911AA61.jpg

    1. Wonder Woman 271
    EA85A91C-F0C7-45D8-81C7-D25A93970225.jpg
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Wonder Woman/ \Hawkman/ \Princess Projectra/
    *Aquaman* *Hawkwoman* *Doctor Fate* *Vixen*
    >Phase<>Brainiac 2<>Madame Xanadu<>Bronze Tiger<
    <Hawk & Dove><Catwoman><Zatanna><Madame Xanadu>

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member Lirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    201

    Default

    This is a cool idea! I'll have to take a look what was released when I was born.

    I wonder if this might be the place to ask, since I'm curious: Is there a way to find out the day older issues were released in stores, not the just cover dates?

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    This is a cool idea! I'll have to take a look what was released when I was born.

    I wonder if this might be the place to ask, since I'm curious: Is there a way to find out the day older issues were released in stores, not the just cover dates?
    Mike's Amazing World of Comics has a newsstand feature that you can sort by cover date or on sale date.

    http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/

    Just click on newsstand, use the pull down menu to select month and year, and then the other pull down menu to select on sale date rather than cover date.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    A trio cover dated July 1969...







    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Or if we go on sale in July 1969...







    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  15. #15
    Spectacular Member Lirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Mike's Amazing World of Comics has a newsstand feature that you can sort by cover date or on sale date.

    http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/

    Just click on newsstand, use the pull down menu to select month and year, and then the other pull down menu to select on sale date rather than cover date.

    -M
    Oh wow, thank you so much for this link! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •