Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I can see Herc replacing Thor in the future.
    How?

Thor and Hercules are quite different.

Not to mention that Marvel has spent 3 movies building up Hemsthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    How?

Hilarious beefcake with uber powerset.

Not hard to imagine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

How?

What does that have to do with anything? I said in the future I think Thor is the Avenger most likely to stick around another 5years. But they are both mythological characters who are power houses. When Thor leaves Hercules an fill the void. Plus MCU Thor is a goofy just like Hercules. And I mean that in a good wsy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I keep confusing Eternals with Inhumans and thinking they already did this. What is this property?
    Eternals were created by the celestials while the Inhumans were created as weapons by the Kree. I think I remember at one point the Eternals were quoted in the Gaiman miniseries as the immune system of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I keep confusing Eternals with Inhumans and thinking they already did this. What is this property?
    What Inhumas are to the Kree, Eternals is to the Celestials. Titan and Thanos are Eternals. Though Thanos is a deviant which is like a eternal mutant.

Edit: lol nvm Mogwen best me to it

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Eternals were created by the celestials while the Inhumans were created as weapons by the Kree. I think I remember at one point the Eternals were quoted in the Gaiman miniseries as the immune system of the universe.
    Didnt Celestials make the Eternals to protect a planet untill it was time for a celestial to be born form the core of the planet or some crap? Hmmm I might have just made that up lol

Ultimate Member

What does that have to do with anything? I said in the future I think Thor is the Avenger most likely to stick around another 5years. But they are both mythological characters who are power houses. When Thor leaves Hercules an fill the void. Plus MCU Thor is a goofy just like Hercules. And I mean that in a good wsy
    I understand this.

My point is, the audience have a connection with Chris Hemsworth as Thor not his presence as a mythological presence on the Avengers.

I'm not saying it can't happen but if you bring another god like character, he'll just be constantly compared to Hemsworth as Thor.

Didnt Celestials make the Eternals to protect a planet untill it was time for a celestial to be born form the core of the planet or some crap? Hmmm I might have just made that up lol
    You’re describing the central conceit of Earth X.

Celestials implant thier fetuses in life-bearing worlds, pepper those worlds with vibranium for the newborn Celestial to create hir body, and modify the sentient creatures native to that world with (at first what seems to be) mutant powers. Eternals, Deviants, Supers, Metas, and Mutants are all revealed to be that same thing: planetary antibodies.

It’s revealed eventually that individual powers are merely an expression of the actual power all modified creatures share: unlimited shapeshifting based on others’ thoughts.

“Gods” like Thor are actually fully evolved “mutants” from arrived on Earth from another world who were imagined to be mythological gods by ancient humans... so the aliens BECAME mythological gods.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You’re describing the central conceit of Earth X.

Celestials implant thier fetuses in life-bearing worlds, pepper those worlds with vibranium for the newborn Celestial to create hir body, and modify the sentient creatures native to that world with (at first what seems to be) mutant powers. Eternals, Deviants, Supers, Metas, and Mutants are all revealed to be that same thing: planetary antibodies.

It’s revealed eventually that individual powers are merely an expression of the actual power all modified creatures share: unlimited shapeshifting based on others’ thoughts.

“Gods” like Thor are actually fully evolved “mutants” from arrived on Earth from another world who were imagined to be mythological gods by ancient humans... so the aliens BECAME mythological gods.
    Ahh yep that was earth X. Thanks

@Username
    I'm talking about the role he serves in the MCU not the audiences connection to the actor. Cap and Tony are beloved but people are gonna step up and fill the spiritual and technical leadership roles they leave empty. But I dont think anyone is gonna see Hercules and think hes a Thor RIP off and compare them. Especialy since Hercules history on earth is different then Thors. And also Thor only became this beloved two films ago prior to the tone shift in Ragnarok he was one of the least popular Avengers. But I can see Hemsworth staying around another 5years and I hope more. Would probaly work better introduce Hercules in a possible Thor 4. Loosely adapt The God Butcher. And you can have Herc and Ares teaming up with Thor and Valkyrie to stop Gorr. And if hes a hit then you give him his own movies. But yea they would have differentiate his Jolly happy go lucky humor from Thors more situational and sometimes air head humor.

Ultimate Member

Ahh yep that was earth X. Thanks

@Username
    I'm talking about the role he serves in the MCU not the audiences connection to the actor. Cap and Tony are beloved but people are gonna step up and fill the spiritual and technical leadership roles they leave empty. But I dont think anyone is gonna see Hercules and think hes a Thor RIP off and compare them. Especialy since Hercules history on earth is different then Thors. And also Thor only became this beloved two films ago prior to the tone shift in Ragnarok he was one of the least popular Avengers. But I can see Hemsworth staying around another 5years and I hope more. Would probaly work better introduce Hercules in a possible Thor 4. Loosely adapt The God Butcher. And you can have Herc and Ares teaming up with Thor and Valkyrie to stop Gorr. And if hes a hit then you give him his own movies. But yea they would have differentiate his Jolly happy go lucky humor from Thors more situational and sometimes air head humor.

I can see this.

I can see this.
    I feel like something similar is the best way to introduce the idea of being other mythological gods. Gorr kills gods so we get awhole film about Gorr going after Gods. Easy way to bring Hercules in. Maybe Ares comes to Thor for help and then Together Ares and Thor go to earth to find Hercules who's been living amongst us for a thousand years. And keep that part where he is an original Investor in Stark industries add ls deeper connection to explore later. He can also Bnakroll the new avengers in the future.

Incredible Member

I begin to think that Eternals could be the perfect movie to introduce us to the concept of "Homo Superior", mutants. It's been hinted in the comics that the X-Gene was maybe a "gift", an experimetation that the Celestials made just as the Eternals and the Deviants. So from a longtime ago there must have been a few mutant descendants of those experimented on.
    It could be a part of the lore and help introduce later the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I begin to think that Eternals could be the perfect movie to introduce us to the concept of "Homo Superior", mutants. It's been hinted in the comics that the X-Gene was maybe a "gift", an experimetation that the Celestials made just as the Eternals and the Deviants. So from a longtime ago there must have been a few mutant descendants of those experimented on.
    It could be a part of the lore and help introduce later the X-Men.
    Oh I didnt know it was hinted at I thought it was just cannon that Celestials made Mutants. When they made Eternals they left the potential for Mutants down the line in our DnA. Like a time release bomb.

Incredible Member

Oh I didnt know it was hinted at I thought it was just cannon that Celestials made Mutants. When they made Eternals they left the potential for Mutants down the line in our DnA. Like a time release bomb.
    Yes, and Eternals could be a really good set-up for a new mutant surge. Like there have always been mutants but so few in numbers they went unnoticed. Charles hid his school and his few students thanks to his telepathy and now a new surge of mutants across the world activate, the X-Men have to get out for the first time.

Incredible Member

I'm a little mixed on the announce of Angelina Jolie as Sersi. In my mind Sersi always look young, even if she's quiiiite old because she wills too and she's vain. Angelina Jolie is 43, which isn't old in itself, but for Sersi? 10 years before Angelina Jolie definitely was Sersi!
    The other part is I would have liked, after Cate Blanchett's Hela, another strong woman villain, and Jolie could be a compelling villain!

But I'm not worried since I'm sure they know what they do!