Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Spininng the facts. Now you being Bill O'Reilly like. Your hitting all the marks kid.
    Bill who? I get the feeling you're trying to insult me, but I have no idea what you are talking about so that's a fail. That said, regardless, you are personally attacking me, something you claim that is wrong, so you're also hypocrite. I'd stop now if I were you, before you make yourself look even more ridiculous than you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Bill who? I get the feeling you're trying to insult me, but I have no idea what you are talking about so that's a fail. That said, regardless, you are personally attacking me, something you claim that is wrong, so you're also hypocrite. I'd stop now if I were you, before you make yourself look even more ridiculous than you already have.
    You just keep proving my point. You attack me first lol. Now when it happens to you. Your all upset. I'm just calling you out for what you are and the tactics your using. You called me indecent first.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

...Googled it. LMAO. You just proved you watch Fox News by not only knowing who their staff is/was but also knowing the staff's slogan. Wow. That backfired on you, didn't it. Too funny.

You just keep proving my point. You attack me first lol. Now when it happens to you. Your all upset. I'm just calling you out for what you are and the tactics your using. You called me indecent first.
    Don't bash. Don't agree with bashing. Don't condone bashing. Then you wont be indecent. It's simple, really.

...Googled it. LMAO. You just proved you watch Fox News by not only knowing who their staff is/was but also knowing the staff's slogan. Wow. That backfired on you, didn't it. Too funny.
    I just know hypocrites and people who use their tactics quite well. Now I'll be done with this as you started this, but will probably go tell the admin that it was me. If you don't like being attacked. Don't attack other people. Quite simple and not hard to comprehend. For some anyway.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I just know hypocrites and people who use their tactics quite well. Now I'll be done with this as you started this, but will probably go tell the admin that it was me. If you don't like being attacked. Don't attack other people. Quite simple and not hard to comprehend. For some anyway.
    Oh yes, because claiming a group of people (not just you) are indecent for bashing, which is a true statement btw, it is very indecent behavior to character bash, is totally comparable to calling someone a follower of an orange tyrant. Even if I was personally out to get just you (which I wasn't, I was actually making a general point to everyone who bashes characters with no thought to others) your parents ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?

I think there’s a misunderstanding here.
    Tony Stark meant to agree with the part about the writers making Cap always “right” from the writers perspective and not the part where the other user stated that he has no personality.

It makes no sense claiming CA has no character/personality. His character is very idealistic, moral centric, and badass. He also has some flaws unlike how some readers choose to interpret him. He has stubbornness and short tempered but that’s what makes him great. He is Captain America after all.

Oh yes, because claiming a group of people (not just you) are indecent for bashing, which is a true statement btw, it is very indecent behavior to character bash, is totally comparable to calling someone a follower of an orange tyrant. Even if I was personally out to get just you (which I wasn't, I was actually making a general point to everyone who bashes characters with no thought to others) your parents ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?
    Like I said. My point has been proven. Let's just stop. We agree to disagree. We are comic fans and should show more respect for each others opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I think there’s a misunderstanding here.
    Tony Stark meant to agree with the part about the writers making Cap always “right” from the writers perspective and not the part where the other user stated that he has no personality.

It makes no sense claiming CA has no character/personality. His character is very idealistic, moral centric, and badass. He also has some flaws unlike how some readers choose to interpret him. He has stubbornness and short tempered but that’s what makes him great. He is Captain America after all.
    Thank you. I think he is made to always look right.

Thank you. I think he is made to always look right.
    I understand, this seems to be a lot of people’s complaints.
    But I never saw it like that, at least during CW1 .. I was always team Ironman. I know majority were CAs side but as readers we get to decide and interpret things for ourselves regardless of the writers intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I understand, this seems to be a lot of people’s complaints.
    But I never saw it like that, at least during CW1 .. I was always team Ironman. I know majority were CAs side but as readers we get to decide and interpret things for ourselves regardless of the writers intentions.
    That's what I was stating. Tony fans were seriously taking hits during CW. It was pretty bad. In some way I thought Tony was OOC and in some ways he wasn't, but as you stated liked the more depth some of it added to Tony.

That's what I was stating. Tony fans were seriously taking hits during CW. It was pretty bad. In some way I thought Tony was OOC and in some ways he wasn't, but as you stated liked the more depth some of it added to Tony.
    I think guilt was eating Tony, therefore he was acting in an extreme manner and it seemed like an OOC thing but with his history of weaponry and wars. I think it make sense.

It comes down to this: if you saw someone at a con, wearing a Captain America t-shirt, holding a rubber approximation of Captain America's shield, while jokingly quoting "No, you move" to a friend they're walking with, would you go up to that person and make the claim, "Captain America has no personality" and then have someone else chime in "I agree with that statement"? I would hope not, it would be RUDE. It would be a horrible display of manners. This isn't up for debate, it's fact. And if you wouldn't do it to a random stranger in person, you shouldn't do it online. Especially in a community of varying people with different tastes and interests, all of whom deserve to enjoy their thing without negative input from the peanut gallery. Basically: if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, sums it up. That was my feeling at the beginning of this exchange and it remains my feeling now.

But I agree with BitParallel, a character's 'rightness' is subjective.

It comes down to this: if you saw someone at a con, wearing a Captain America t-shirt, holding a rubber approximation of Captain America's shield, while jokingly quoting "No, you move" to a friend they're walking with, would you go up to that person and make the claim, "Captain America has no personality" and then have someone else chime in "I agree with that statement"? I would hope not, it would be RUDE. It would be a horrible display of manners. This isn't up for debate, it's fact. And if you wouldn't do it to a random stranger in person, you shouldn't do it online. Especially in a community of varying people with different tastes and interests, all of whom deserve to enjoy their thing without negative input from the peanut gallery. Basically: if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, sums it up. That was my feeling at the beginning of this exchange and it remains my feeling now.

But I agree with BitParallel, a character's 'rightness' is subjective.
    My point is if someone agrees with a certain part of someones opinion they should not be personally attacked or be covered with blanket statements. That's my point and I still feel that way now, but we should be more courteous to each other on here and not have some knee jerk reactions. We all love comics and want to defend our heroes.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-02-2019 at 09:06 AM.

My point is if someone agrees with a certain part of someones opinion they should not be personally attacked or be covered with blanket statements. That's my point and I still feel that way now, but we should be more courteous to each other on here and not have some knee jerk reactions. We all love comics and want to defend our heroes.
    I agree that people need to be more courteous and that we all share of a love of comics. I wish more people remembered that. That Marvel has a variety of characters, and that there is something for everybody, is why a community like this can even exist. It's a good thing.