View Poll Results: Well Disney eventually reboot the original trilogy?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not a matter of if but when.

17 25.37%
  • Never

42 62.69%
  • It depends on how well the other movies fare.

8 11.94%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How likely is Disney to reboot the original trilogy?

Face it, when you heard Disney snagged this franchise in the back of your minds you knew that this was an option that was open to them.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I never entertained the possibility for a moment, and still don't. It will never happen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Never give in to the dark side!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

If they rebooted/remade the OT they'd have to rewrite their own canon that they've been basing the ST on, it literally makes no sense. If they were going to reboot the Star Wars franchise then they would have done that right away instead of making sequels to the original films.

When they first bought Star Wars, cleaned out the EU, and announced new film projects ... I was expecting a reboot.

I could get behind a reboot largely because Star Wars could use a whole-sale continuity cleanse. Partly why I was happy to see much of the EU get decanonized.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

We are sort of getting an animated remake piece by piece with those animated shorts.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'd expect Disney to reboot the prequels before they do the OT.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    We are sort of getting an animated remake piece by piece with those animated shorts.
    I like how they're doing that...keeping the spirit and look of the original, and yet doing something fresh and new with it at the same time. Based on what I've seen, I'd like to see more...MUCH more.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 03-29-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It kind of reminds me a bit of the 90's manga adaptations, which, while true to the source material, had some great touches such as a take on Alderaan's destruction:

http://www.fightboredom.net/2008/03/...apanese-i.html
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I really don't see that ever happening for being honest.

It's so much easier to just recycle old stuff. Like, the Rebellion? Yeah let's just call it the Resistance now and for the next trilogy what about something like "the militia" or "freedom space fighters".

See? Money waiting to be printed lol.

BANNED

I sure that even Disney wouldn't dare to even think of such atrocity.
    Especially after the LJ and Solo fiascos.

Besides, The Force Awakens is basically a remake of New Hope.

I doubt they will at this point, given that their plan seems to be expansion off the currently existing series. I do have to admit that it would be interesting to see how a remake would turn out if it ever happened.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    If they rebooted/remade the OT they'd have to rewrite their own canon that they've been basing the ST on, it literally makes no sense. If they were going to reboot the Star Wars franchise then they would have done that right away instead of making sequels to the original films.
    Disney does not care about canon. Once the franchise gets a little longer in the tooth they will reboot it. In about twenty to twenty-five years I can easily see Disney rebooting the whole thing. The new movies by the Game Of Thrones guys is rumored to take place during the time of the Knights Of The Old Republic era. That era takes place wayyyyy before the original trilogy. We still don't know if Rian's project will even get made. Disney has also said that they are no longer doing stand-alone movies anymore either.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I doubt they will at this point, given that their plan seems to be expansion off the currently existing series. I do have to admit that it would be interesting to see how a remake would turn out if it ever happened.
    We will have to see. The rumor is that the Game Of Thrones folks are tackling the era that the Knights Of The Old Republic takes place in. That would be moving centuries back, not forward. We still don't know if Johnson's movie will even get made, and Disney is no longer doing stand-alone Star Wars Story movies anymore. Give it twenty to twenty-five years.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-29-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I never entertained the possibility for a moment, and still don't. It will never happen.
    I could see them animating potentially.