Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

It was excellent seeing the Yankees aka the Bronx Bombers bomb in the 9th because the Astros soul crushed them with a amazing 2 runs home run to eliminate the damn Yankees.
    The Yankees will remember forever the night in game 6 for how they choked in Houston.

Bet the Yankees thought they were the team of destiny when they swept the Rays. Suckas!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

ANyone read this story on SI?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    ANyone read this story on SI?
    What a shitty thing for that knucklehead to have said. Even worse was that Houston shielded the guy instead of calling him out over his comments. Suddenly, that has me rooting for Washington as I don't want the Astros, or that shitstain to celebrate another World Series win.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah, well, I can't root for a division rival, so Go Nats! already, but this sure didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yeah, well, I can't root for a division rival, so Go Nats! already, but this sure didn't help.
    Astros winning is the best possible outcome for the Mariners.

The further they go, the more money Houston will have to pony up to keep people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Nats take game one as the promise of a pitchers duel fell by the wayside early. Juan Soto puts himself in the early lead for WS MVP.

However, it could be a costly win for the Nats. Their bullpen got exposed and was very shaky, Corbin had to pitch so he's out for game 3 starter, and if Strasburg falters in game to and the bullpen needs to eat up innings, it could set the Nats back for the whole series.

George Springer set a MLB record with a home run in his fifth consecutive World Series game (dating back to 217) breaking the record of 4 held by Lou Gehrig and Reggie Jackson.

Let's see what the rest of the series has to offer.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Houston are the better built team. Odds are theirs. They’re just world beaters.

But I’d love to see the Nats get em. That’s one of the things I like about baseball. That can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Nats take game one as the promise of a pitchers duel fell by the wayside early. Juan Soto puts himself in the early lead for WS MVP.

However, it could be a costly win for the Nats. Their bullpen got exposed and was very shaky, Corbin had to pitch so he's out for game 3 starter, and if Strasburg falters in game to and the bullpen needs to eat up innings, it could set the Nats back for the whole series.

-M
    Well, the Nats do have Anibal Sanchez to fall back on for game three. All he did was no-hit the Cardinals for seven innings in the NLCS.

Nats taking it to the Astros tonight. It's currently 12-2 in the 9th.

Nats just look hungrier and more ready to play. Astros are going to have ot figure something out on the travel day if they are going to get back into this series, but it is far from over. Interesting to see how game 3 in DC goes.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

If you were to tell me at the top of the season that not only would Washington be in the playoffs, much less the World Series and have a shot at winning it in 4 after beating Cole and Verlander, I'd have asked for whatever you were on. This has been a fantastic run and they should feel great about this regardless of the outcome. Even as a Mets fan, I'm kind of rooting for the Nats.

Lots of people are rooting for the Nats.

I have a hunch since the Nats are throwing everything at the Astros in 2 games already, that if the Astros win 1 game, they'll be winning 3. The Nats can't keep up the pace they're playing if they don't put Houston down quickly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In non-World Series news, it looks like my Phillies will hire Joe Girardi as their next manager. It was said to have been a three horse race between him, Dusty Baker and Buck Showalter, but fans here, including myself were high on Girardi while they wanted NOTHING to do with Showalter. My guess is a formal announcement will be made tomorrow.

I guess that means he's out of the running for my Mets. That probably puts Carlos Beltran as the big front runner.

I'm into the Nats winning it all. During the Dodgers series they just started to feel like the team of destiny, to me. Plus I love when the Astros lose.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.