Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Well so far as returning players getting booed goes this was decent(so much for that "mixed" reception)
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1113228138480394240

Edit: And then Scherzer strikes him out swinging to thunderous cheers

There's also a bunch of Papelbon was right signs, sorry I'm not a fan of Harper myself but Papelbon will always be the larger *******

Oh God Trea Turner tried to bunt and took the pitch on his index finger dislocating it, I've seen people break their legs and have bone sticking out and this is by far the hardest I've ever cringed from an on air injury
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-02-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Well so far as returning players getting booed goes this was decent(so much for that "mixed" reception)
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1113228138480394240

Edit: And then Scherzer strikes him out swinging to thunderous cheers

There's also a bunch of Papelbon was right signs, sorry I'm not a fan of Harper myself but Papelbon will always be the larger *******

Oh God Trea Turner tried to bunt and took the pitch on his index finger dislocating it, I've seen people break their legs and have bone sticking out and this is by far the hardest I've ever cringed from an on air injury
    Harper had the last laugh as he hit a bomb later in the game (complete with bat flip) and the Phils beat the Nats handily.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Mariners are 7-1. Seven. And. One. Franchise record.

Pretty much what we all predicted. The regression will be painful, but it’s been a real fun start to the season since we all expected them to be awful. (7-1 stretches aren’t crazy. Mariners have had them plenty of times in the last few years.)

Marco pitched a gem tonight. Shutting down 17 batters in a row. Unfortunately he didn’t get to finish the ninth and get the CG.

Turner’s finger is broken, no word on a return date

I'm sad about the Kevin Pillar trade. Let me sulk.

this is why you never shut your eyes while bunting

I keep reminding myself about the 11-1 start last year, but the Mets have been a pleasure to watch these last few games. It looks like deGrom is trying to make the case to everyone who thought that he should not have gotten the Cy Young last year and the team is giving him the run support he needs to get wins. He amassed 14 strikeouts tonight with only two hits and no runs. And he himself got a homerun, which is always fun to see.

And I'm really loving the line-up this year. We're at the point where we can put out a solid team and we still have players on injury. The only concern I have is the bullpen. The last couple games they have tried to give up the game. They batters give enough run support to seemingly put the game away, but by the last out, the pitcher is throwing to the tying batter. Craig Kimbrel is still out there, folks.

deGrom is currently 2-0 with a 0.00 era and 24 strikeouts, seems he's picking up right where he left off

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Phillies' ace Aaron Nola had a rare bad start yesterday afternoon, giving up six runs before the Phightins rallied for an 8-6 lead. Unfortunately, the bullpen (aided by an error by 1B Rhys Hoskins) coughed up the lead in a 9-8 loss. Offseason acquisition David Robertson was particularly hideous in the ninth as he failed to get an out and earned the loss. After the game, it didn't take Phils fans very long to scream bloody murder and demand the team sign Craig Kimbrel. Me? I'm not going to overreact after one loss, even if that loss was rather unpalatable, besides, even if the Phils signed Kimbrel today (the team has shown zero interest in him), at best, he wouldn't be ready for game action until early May. I'm willing to roll with the arms in the bullpen for now, I mean, the season is only a week old for Pete's sake.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

You should hear Mariners fans. That 7-1 start, coupled with our shoddy bullpen has people demanding Kimbrel etc. as if we’re suddenly contenders.

I get it. It’s been a fun start for sure, but relax.

Its a topsy turvey world (or just early) when the Mariners are on top and Houston is second from the bottom!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

And the Rangers are second place in the AL West. So yeah, it’s still early.

Cleveland’s Trevor Bauer has a no-hitter through seven innings. But, he’s thrown 117 pitches, Will he come back for the eighth?

They pulled him, which at 117 pitches is the smart move. He's not throwing the next two hitless. That's pretty unrealistic.

Too bad they lost the combined no hitter in the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    They pulled him, which at 117 pitches is the smart move. He's not throwing the next two hitless. That's pretty unrealistic.

Too bad they lost the combined no hitter in the 9th.
    That was the right thing to do, hands down. The season is only a week old and the Tribe will need Bauer more at the end for a playoff push than at the beginning. Of course, the cautionary tale for exceeding a pitch count for the sake of a no-hitter was what happened to Johan Santana who threw 134 pitches to complete one for the Mets in June 2012 and his career was said to have short circuited from injury related to that ill-fated outing.