Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

No one in a union wants to see a contemporary take less money as it sets a precedent for other contracts, Albies on the other hand reportedly is fine with it and wasn't too concerned with the dollar amount.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    No one in a union wants to see a contemporary take less money as it sets a precedent for other contracts, Albies on the other hand reportedly is fine with it and wasn't too concerned with the dollar amount.
    Agents for sure weren't too happy either. But, as long as Albies was content with what he got, that's the important thing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Several Boston Red Sox Players Decline Invitation To Trump White House

The tradition of sports champions visiting the White House has become highly politicized under Trump. And will likely remain that way until Trump leaves office.

Looks like Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi is headed towards elbow surgery to clean up a couple of "loose objects" in his elbow and will miss 4-6 weeks. It's similar to the surgery he had with the Rays that cost him 2 months.

Meanwhile the Yanks now have 13 players on the IL as Aaron Judge is the latest to hit the list.

With all that attrition, the Yanks still released Gio Gonzalez when he exercised the opt-out clause in his deal to be added tot he major league roster or released.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Mets' Steven Matz, savaged for eight runs in one inning without getting an out against my Phillies last week returned the favor by going six strong innings last night, giving up just one run on three hits and six strikeouts in a 5-1 win for the New Yorkers last night. After the game, Jake Arrieta, the losing pitcher called out the team for being flat.

So we're approaching the half way point, the new all star voting thing is coming up this week, the NL East that was supposed to be a four team race is in complete shambles, the Phillies are in an absolute free fall implosion, the Mets and Nationals have utter disasters for bullpens, only the Braves are looking like a contending team at this point and are pulling ahead in the division race, the NL Central is the most competitive division in the NL with the Brewers, Cubs, and Cardinals all within spitting distance of each other, and the Dodgers have basically already won the NL West in June

In the AL the East looks like the Yankees are starting to pull away, Red Sox seem to be over their awful start but it might already be too late, Rays almost the opposite case, the Central isn't much better than the joke it was last year though the Twins are the biggest surprise in Baseball with an unreal offense, Astros have been struggling but don't look to have any competition in the West

thrilled with how the Braves are doing, second best offense in the MLB(and best in nearly every category from the 7th inning on) and with the rest of the East foundering are really starting to pull away, they have 7 players in the running for all star starters

Full All Star Rosters

BANNED

Three reps from the White Sox? The hell?

LA Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs reportedly died this morning in Texas at only age 27, tonight's game has been cancelled
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-01-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Ok, so I usually don't look at the standing until around July 4th, as there is so much flux early in the season (I usually just pay attention to my Sox through June), and took my first good look at them today...what they hell happened to the Mariners? I remember them being off to a scorching start (wining something like 13 of 15 or something like that) and everyone buzzing about them, but I just looked and they are dead last in the west and 13 games under .500. I mean, I knew they weren't as good as their hot start indicated, but man, that is falling off a cliff. Some other surprises were the NL East (I didn't think the Braves would have such a big lead (4.5), I thought it was going to be a 2-3 team neck and neck race start to finish) and the Twins (a more pleasant surprise with the 3rd best record in MLB and a 7 game lead).

At least there looks to be only 1 potential 100 loss team this season (the Orioles).

I am interested to see what the trade deadline will be like this year with no waiver trade experience and how reduced September expansion will affect the playoff races this year.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

On a night dedicated to offering tribute to the late Tyler Skaggs, the Angels threw a combined no hitter against the Seattle Mariners. The game opened with Skagg's mother throwing a perfect strike as the honorary opening pitch. All the Angels wore Skagg' #45 and Skaggs' name on the jersey, and after the victory, the entire team laid their jersey's on the mound to honor their fallen teammate. It was an opener situation for the Angels, the first pitcher throwing 2 innings, and then another pitcher came in and threw the final 7.

-M

Wild finish to the Nats-Brewers Wild Card game with the Nats coming back to win on a hit by pitch, broken bat single, walk and a fielding error by the right fielder filling in for the injured Yelich. Interesting to see if the rest of the playoffs are this exciting.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

At least there looks to be only 1 potential 100 loss team this season (the Orioles).

-M
    Ok so there wound up being 4 100-loss teams (3 in the AL 1 in the NL) and the Orioles weren't the worst, that honor went to the Detroit Tigers with 114 losses. There were also 4 100 win teams (again 3 in the AL and 1 in the NL). Astros had the best record with 107 wins (1 short of the Red Sox total last year).

-M

Amazing come back last night by the Nats. They were my pick, but it was a surprise for them to win that way.

Really hoping the A's can find some of that magic against Charlie Morton tonight.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Braves rebound brilliantly behind what may be the best start of Foltynewicz's career