Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    A soft reboot most likely, Hickman is probably going to retcon some things about the X-Men, i'm not sure what they are going to retcon thougth.
    Oh wow. I hope they leave this group be. Especially Cyclops it would suck so much if they just erase all the character development that he has gone through. The new 52 ruined my favorites like Tim Drake and that character still hasn’t gotten back what was taken. I’d hate to see that happen to Cyke or any of his pre death group.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this the first time Cap's seen Logan alive? Got to be the most low-key "reunion" ever.

(And c'mon Logan, you trust Cap. You're not the one who went through Secret Empire).
    Shapeshifters and psychics are always possible. He probably is just considering all the possibilities.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

so Jono gave Shogo to a bunch of morlocks he barely knows so he could punch bigots. I see. -_-

I trust Hickman to do them justice.

BANNED

Generation X 021-11.jpg

all in on the jono punching express, chooo choo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    so Jono gave Shogo to a bunch of morlocks he barely knows so he could punch bigots. I see. -_-
    Actually, Morlocks were created because they couldn't blend into society due to their looks when not using their powers.

Whereas the X-Men are normal looking mutants who can blend into society without being noticed.

But subsequent writers after CC forgot about this distinction and put non-human looking mutants into X-Men as well.

Who are the X-Men and New Mutants who can't look like normal human beings when not using their powers.

1. Original X-Men (none except for Beast but that is due to subsequent mutation)
    2. Original Uncanny X-Men (Only Nightcrawler)
    3. Original New Mutants (none except for Warlock but he's an alien)

Jono, Rockslide, Glob, Nightcrawler would fit into Morlocks quite well.

spoilers:
    This was an interesting issue. I don't know how I feel about it

-after the preview, the X-Men stop the MLF's ambush on a "pro-human" rally (obvious analogies to the Neo-Nazi march don't make the X-Men look good here) and Magik TPs Cyclops up to Hope and Banshee
    -Hope is about to assassinate an anti-mutant politician Prestel who is advocating for mandatory mutant vaccinations. As Scott tries to calm Hope down, Banshee is about to tear Scott into pieces without question until Hope stops him. She explains that she failed her father and failed mutantkind and if she's gonna go down, she's gonna go down ending a war and summons Banshee to kill Prestel. Scott shoots down Sean and Hope chastises Scott; saying he's come back "too soft" and the world has no place for soft.
    -Hope pulls out a gun but doesn't pull the trigger as Magik TPs Logan in. Logan slices her side and she reflexively shoots Scott in the eyes. Logan then says he's gonna kill Hope for that before Hope delivers the most badass line in the issue:

Hope Summers: Wait, Logan...wait..you forgot..

Logan: Forgot what?

Hope Summers: You forgot who the hell I am.
    -and Hope blasts Logan to just barely his adamantium skeleton with Scott's power. She brushes herself off, walks over to the sniper rifle, and shoot Prestel down.
    -Hope puts down the rifle as Logan stabs her through the chest, saying this was for Scott and asking her last words
    -Hope says: La revolution, comme saturne, devore ses propes enfantes or "The Revolution, like Saturn, devours his own children.

--cut to Harry's Hideaway--

-Scott wakes up as Dark Beast is injecting something into his IV drip. Hank, who performed life-saving surgery off-panel, explains that Scott's right eye is gone as Havok walks in to chastise him for being in a room alone with Scott
    -Havok explains that Hope isn't dead as she absorbed Logan's healing factor, the MLF are in the basement, Banshee is on the roof, and the New Mutants are cured of the TO Virus
    -Dani, Shan, Illyana, and Rahne all walk out, cured and able to only slightly have personalities again.
    -filler drama ensues before Dark Beast explains that Warlock has spread himself thin between all his hosts so he wouldn't accidentally consume them. And that Warlock needs a "true host" to completely consume in order to lure him out of the New Mutants. And that true host is obviously.....Jamie Madrox's dupe. Who says: "Hello...friend. Please kill me."

someone explain how hope is the villain of the issue. quickly.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    This was an interesting issue. I don't know how I feel about it

-after the preview, the X-Men stop the MLF's ambush on a "pro-human" rally (obvious analogies to the Neo-Nazi march don't make the X-Men look good here) and Magik TPs Cyclops up to Hope and Banshee
    -Hope is about to assassinate an anti-mutant politician Prestel who is advocating for mandatory mutant vaccinations. As Scott tries to calm Hope down, Banshee is about to tear Scott into pieces without question until Hope stops him. She explains that she failed her father and failed mutantkind and if she's gonna go down, she's gonna go down ending a war and summons Banshee to kill Prestel. Scott shoots down Sean and Hope chastises Scott; saying he's come back "too soft" and the world has no place for soft.
    -Hope pulls out a gun but doesn't pull the trigger as Magik TPs Logan in. Logan slices her side and she reflexively shoots Scott in the eyes. Logan then says he's gonna kill Hope for that before Hope delivers the most badass line in the issue:

-and Hope blasts Logan to just barely his adamantium skeleton with Scott's power. She brushes herself off, walks over to the sniper rifle, and shoot Prestel down.
    -Hope puts down the rifle as Logan stabs her through the chest, saying this was for Scott and asking her last words
    -Hope says: La revolution, comme saturne, devore ses propes enfantes or "The Revolution, like Saturn, devours his own children.

--cut to Harry's Hideaway--

-Scott wakes up as Dark Beast is injecting something into his IV drip. Hank, who performed life-saving surgery off-panel, explains that Scott's right eye is gone as Havok walks in to chastise him for being in a room alone with Scott
    -Havok explains that Hope isn't dead as she absorbed Logan's healing factor, the MLF are in the basement, Banshee is on the roof, and the New Mutants are cured of the TO Virus
    -Dani, Shan, Illyana, and Rahne all walk out, cured and able to only slightly have personalities again.
    -filler drama ensues before Dark Beast explains that Warlock has spread himself thin between all his hosts so he wouldn't accidentally consume them. And that Warlock needs a "true host" to completely consume in order to lure him out of the New Mutants. And that true host is obviously.....Jamie Madrox's dupe. Who says: "Hello...friend. Please kill me."

end of spoilers
    Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

Jono, Rockslide, Glob, Nightcrawler would fit into Morlocks quite well.
    cause we need more straight white dudes telling the stories of the disenfranchised

lol

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It shouldn't be much of a surprise, really. X-Men writers leaning in hard on the 'responding to hatred with violence makes us just as bad as them' line of thinking is standard for this franchise. See also: JDW, Brisson, and Rosenberg scrambling to renounce Cyclops' "revolutionary" era methods.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-03-2019 at 01:30 AM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Antagonist of the issue not villian,Villian assumes good and bad or right and wrong. Antagonist better describes the second two opposing views, we just happen to be watching from the X-men point of view. If it was a MLF book they would be protagonist and X-men would be the antagonist. Everyone thinks they are the hero of their story.

I can't wait to read this later. So you are saying that made him an actual cyclops. Why do writers think that is clever?

spoilers:
    I just realize if Moonstar is cured of the virus (hopefully with powers now) so the moonstar inside of age of X-man is fake because popular theory was this Dani was a Warlock virus shell
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I can't wait to read this later. So you are saying that made him an actual cyclops. Why do writers think that is clever?
    It WOULD explain why he's having such a hard time seeing the big picture...

spoilers:
    It is a disgrace to see the X-men defend racists. And transform Hope into a villain just to reinforce the "Everything Cyclops did is wrong."

This is a disaster. What year do they think they are?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    spoilers:
    It is a disgrace to see the X-men defend racists. And transform Hope into a villain just to reinforce the "Everything Cyclops did is wrong."

This is a disaster. What year do they think they are?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The year where attacking and murdering people whose speech you disagree with, regardless to how horrible you find it, is unacceptable.

The same year as every year in a civilised society
    end of spoilers