Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Especially ones inspired by real life bigots.
    I want to think that all they want is to be able to communicate with Hope and Banshee face to face.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Would it really be so bad that they let Hope and the MLF take care of those people? It makes me uncomfortable to see the X-men defend racists.
    The rationale of "defending racists," at least to me, is so they don't get to play martyr and spin whatever righteous retribution gets visited upon them as "persecution." Defending their right to live, such as it is, exposes them for the small-minded, petty, and pathetic individuals they really are and robs them of any excuse to be so hateful toward mutants, or anyone else that doesn't strike their fancy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

As Logan heard Scott Summers say 'Logan you stay' his heart skip but at the same time it began to drown knowing that if things got ugly he would have to choose, the love of his life Cyclops or his ex Captain America.

Loving Scott's look and how he told Captain that he is not his cap.

Poor Alex, no one takes him seriously.
    Steve just invited him to lead the UA because he wanted someone easy to manipulate. Not even saving the planet from Kang, losing his wife and daughter, being inverted into a villainous version of himself is able to buy some respect .

Into The Remender-Verse where Havok is the world's greatest hero.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

When is the character assassination of Karma going to end?

Wink

Eh, I like alex as written by Rosenberg. I don't know why people want the characters to be perfect all the time, especially when it comes to the X-Men. The characters having doubts and flaws make them more real to me, even if stuff like this is then used by people who like other characters to make an argument for why they consider them undeserving of being in the team with their favorites. I even like Alex "don't call me a mutant" moment, there is a lot of people within minority groups that hate to be pigeonhole in easy to digest labels, as much as maybe his delivery of that speech wasn't the best. I also liked drunk Piotr, and that he was pretty much drunk or hang over during that whole storyline. It's flaws like that that makes these characters more real to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Every time I go back to the exchange with Alex I can't help but laugh
    - Guys, give us a minute
    - I won't leave, I'm a grown up already!
    - Sure you are, Alex. BTW, Logan, you stay with me.
    - NOT FAIR SO NOT FAIR.

God bless Rosenberg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Alex is so thirsty for that second-in-command spot that he's already gone through every drink in the bar. Untucked shirt and sweater Starscream lookin' ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Hey, Logan, can you pass me that glass?"

"Why didn't you ask me, Scott?! I thought I meant something to you! I thought we were brothers! How could you do this to me?! You are the death of mutantkind!"
    Bruh yall are cracking me tf up right now LOL

And Steve is taking the resurrection of his old friend pretty well all things considered. Just showed up like 'sup Logan' lmao.
    Last edited by The Kid; 03-28-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Pretty sure Shan will die.
    Redeeming herself for what she did in Dead Souls.

It's my turn on the Xbox, Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    yooooooo same dawg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The rationale of "defending racists," at least to me, is so they don't get to play martyr and spin whatever righteous retribution gets visited upon them as "persecution." Defending their right to live, such as it is, exposes them for the small-minded, petty, and pathetic individuals they really are and robs them of any excuse to be so hateful toward mutants, or anyone else that doesn't strike their fancy.
    Also, this is sort of where the analogy of mutants as stand-ins for gay or black people sort of breaks down. Many mutants actually are quite dangerous and could kill a number of people if they really wanted, which isn't a good thing for the many mutants who are harmless.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Bruh yall are cracking me tf up right now LOL

And Steve is taking the resurrection of his old friend pretty well all things considered. Just showed up like 'sup Logan' lmao.
    I just love how no one seems to really care that Logan is back, especially since Logan has actually been gone for quite a while.

Really weird Captain America touching Scott. awkward

double post

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Also, this is sort of where the analogy of mutants as stand-ins for gay or black people sort of breaks down. Many mutants actually are quite dangerous and could kill a number of people if they really wanted, which isn't a good thing for the many mutants who are harmless.
    I just love how no one seems to really care that Logan is back, especially since Logan has actually been gone for quite a while.
    The mutant metaphor works fine for a country where anyone of any race/sexuality/shoe size can snap, buy an automatic machine gun or twelve, and murder dozens, if not hundreds of people. And having massively offensive mutant powers doesn't mean you are going to use them to destroy and kill anyone or anything.

It's Wolverine. There were so many variants of him running around, no one had time to miss him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'