Default Classic Dr Strange vs mutants

Dr Strange must eliminate all mutants in the 616 Universe. This can be done via KO, kill and individual BFR. Professor X informs the mutants in the world that Dr Strange will be out to get them. Dr Strange has a mutant tracker device. Can Dr Strange do it?

Stipulations:
    - Dr Strange can't mass BFR the mutants in one hit; like sending an entire school into space
    - No time travel shenanigans

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Dr Strange must eliminate all mutants in the 616 Universe. This can be done via KO, kill and individual BFR. Professor X informs the mutants in the world that Dr Strange will be out to get them. Dr Strange has a mutant tracker device. Can Dr Strange do it?

Stipulations:
    - Dr Strange can't mass BFR the mutants in one hit; like sending an entire school into space
    If there's a mutant who is the Phoenix at the moment, Strange might be hard pressed to win. Hell, if every telepathic mutant on the planet went after him at once, he might be in serious trouble, even without the Phoenix Force being involved. Isn't Illyana Rasputin also pretty potent, magic-wise, if she can bring the fight to Limbo?
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-28-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Even as crazy intense as he is, this is a bad one for Strange, "all mutants" could include:

1. Franklin Richards - sorry Doc, we don't need another here, you lose, and badly
    2. Multiple hosts of the Phoenix - any one of which would be enough
    3. Multiple other high-end reality warpers (Scarlet Witch, David Heller, Proteus - and Wanda at least could just "no more sorceror supreme" him)
    4. Jesus Cable and Shaman Nate
    5. A ludicrous number of other high-end telepaths (Chaz, Rachel-if-she's-not Phoenix, Jean-if-she's-not-Phoenix, Quire-if-he's-not-Phoenix, Frost, Sinister, Exodus, Shadow King, etc.)
    6. Vulcan
    7. MAGNETS!!!

Since the mutants know he's gunning for them, they have all the inspiration in the world to work together, so even without Frank or a Phoenix or Wanda or David, they can probably take this as long as at least most of the other big guns on that list are around.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Stipulations:
    This is easy. Doctor Strange simply summons Saturnyne, the Omniversal Majestrix in charge of the Captain Britain Corps and charged with the safekeeping and maintenance of order and reality of the entire Omniverse, who is responsible for the Numbering System. He then persuades her to renumber his universe 615 B and his task is complete. There are no more mutants in the 616 Universe because there's no longer a 616 Universe.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Is Strange allowed to just blow up the planet? :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

See, no one wants to do my "the predators just all blow themselves up at once and some piece of Wakanda survives, therefore win" solution in that other thread, but all of a sudden here everyone is all blow up the planet or kill reality. I see how it is ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    See, no one wants to do my "the predators just all blow themselves up at once and some piece of Wakanda survives, therefore win" solution in that other thread, but all of a sudden here everyone is all blow up the planet or kill reality. I see how it is ;p
    Corvus Glaive probably just shanks Strange in this thread also tbf. Im sure he's got some sort of mutation. I mean, just look at him. Also he's a ninja.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Blowing up all the Predators at once or a surprise blowing up the planet to get rid of the Mutants is just fine. I'm usually one for the massive space attack when someone asks what if the Borg arrive at 616 Earth and they give Reed time to event something or time port away.

Question - what mutants can live through a planet blast without prep and then act against Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Blowing up all the Predators at once or a surprise blowing up the planet to get rid of the Mutants is just fine. I'm usually one for the massive space attack when someone asks what if the Borg arrive at 616 Earth and they give Reed time to event something or time port away.

Question - what mutants can live through a planet blast without prep and then act against Strange?
    Vulcan. If anyone has the Phoenix. Couple of versions of Nate and Cable maybe
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Vulcan. If anyone has the Phoenix. Couple of versions of Nate and Cable maybe
    Definitely Nate, given that he can function when atomised.

Also Proteus. And Franklin. And Iceman. And Malice and the Shadow King. And Mad Jim Jaspers.

Maybe Darwin? At least in terms of surviving.

Don’t know where we’d peg Exodus at. Or Living Monolith. A case could be made either way for both of those and I’d buy it.

Oh, and Clyde Wyncham, aka Marquis of Death. *ducks* But I’m pretty sure he’s dead anyway, thankfully.
    Last edited by Beadle; 03-31-2019 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Realised I put Living Tribunal rather than Living Monolith. That might have skewed things somewhat.

So the mutants will be heavily reliant on the Phoenix Force, rather than say, their actual powers?

So the mutants will be heavily reliant on the Phoenix Force, rather than say, their actual powers?
    Considering how often Strange calls upon cosmic beings himself, he doesn't really have much room to throw stones on that front.

Besides, I think that there's something about how the Phoenix Force and Jean Grey at full potential are kinda-sorta the same thing, plus people like Mad Jim Jaspers and Franklin Richards at full capacity who are both roughly at least comparable to the full out Phoenix Force without any outside assistance, as well as Scarlet Witch whenever the plot demands her to be pseudo cosmic. Also,IIRC, Magik is basically a Sorcerer Supreme/cosmic being in and of herself in Limbo.

And, even without those, the sheer number of high end telepathic mutants means that Strange may just get jumped in the Astral Plane by a dozen or more people that are capable of smacking him with an entire planet's psyche, especially if they get Magneto to undo his global telepathy weakening effect and stick people like Xavier, Cassandra Nova (if she's alive at this time), Jean Grey, Teen Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Shaman Nate Grey, Cable Nate Grey, Rogue using the power of every telepath she's ever touched, etc... into Cerebro/Cerebra, with Forge going around and seeing if he could boost it its output.

Besides, I think that there's something about how the Phoenix Force and Jean Grey at full potential are kinda-sorta the same thing
    Not at this point. There are multiple "destined hosts of the Phoenix Force" or whatever garbled nonsense.

Considering how often Strange calls upon cosmic beings himself, he doesn't really have much room to throw stones on that front.
    There's a difference between casting a spell because you trained up in how to cast spells and being directly possessed by a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Not at this point. There are multiple "destined hosts of the Phoenix Force" or whatever garbled nonsense.

There's a difference between casting a spell because you trained up in how to cast spells and being directly possessed by a thing.
    Eh, that still leaves at least 2 Phoenix Force level mutants around, plus an armada of high end telepaths.