Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I was under the impression it had already been established by the directors that the gauntlet has been destroyed
    No, it has been permanently damaged. I don't think they ever said that it was destroyed. And Infinity War confirms it. After 'the snap', we can see that the gauntlet looks like it has half melted, smoke is coming out of it. But Thanos still teleports out of there, so at the very least space stone is still working. I also read that he also uses time stone to heal his chest wound, but that is really hard to see, so I'm not sure about that one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I was under the impression it had already been established by the directors that the gauntlet has been destroyed
    That doesn’t mean the characters know, or that they don’t believe/hope there’s no way to still utilize the stones in some way beneficial to them. Like Cap said, they owe it to everyone who disappeared to try (though exactly when that line is specifically used is still a mystery, it’s the same hopeful heroism we’d expect Steve to have).

Thor sees the gauntlet after the snap, but he also witnesses Thanos teleporting away with the Space Stone.

Intermediary

That gauntlet is tore up though

Wiping out half the universe definitely did some damage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    That gauntlet is tore up though

Wiping out half the universe definitely did some damage
    Yeah. But if there’s a way to still use the stones (without the gauntlet), the Avengers very well cant experiment without them in their possession.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

In the CinemaCon footage, Rocket says he has detected a signature similar to the Snap on whatever planet Thanos is on, indicating that he has used the gauntlet again.

The gauntlet is definitely damaged, but the information the heroes have to go on is that Thanos is still using it, so they are holding on to hope that it can be used to undo the snap, even though I'm sure the early movie revelation will be that it is too damaged to do something on that scale again.

New Footage

Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-08-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I like how Stormbreaker is just left in some random wall while they talk.

Another of the many reasons I wanted to see Endgame is how the Russo's handle Capt. M, as opposed to her solo movie directors and writers. Night and Day, as predicted. I have a slight sigh of relief, hopefully she's consistent throughout.

When tickets went on sale, I had no difficulty getting tickets for the showing I wanted to attend.

10:00am Friday, April 26th.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Another of the many reasons I wanted to see Endgame is how the Russo's handle Capt. M, as opposed to her solo movie directors and writers. Night and Day, as predicted. I have a slight sigh of relief, hopefully she's consistent throughout.
    Because the enormous amount of screen time we've seen of her so far totally validates this viewpoint.

Also, it might surprise some people to learn that most of the people who saw her solo film thought the character was handled excellently.

Havent seen enough to know this for sure but the Russos handled Dr Strange 1000x better then his movie did. I liked him before but the Russos made me love Cumberbatch as Strange. I mean Ragantok did it first but that was a quick funny scene. But they handled Strange better too, no quips hes just kinda a dick and that's funny. He dont need jokes

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    When tickets went on sale, I had no difficulty getting tickets for the showing I wanted to attend.

10:00am Friday, April 26th.
    Yea I wanted go Thursday night but I got to work at 12 at night and this movie is 3hours long. So I gotta wait till Friday since in off Friday night.

Astonishing Member

I don't think there's that much difference between solo Carol and short Endgame clip. She is/was self assured in who she was/what she was capable of at the end of her movie as well as this little sneak peek. And I like her in both.

I think the Russo's have a different style than a lot of the other current Marvel directors and it's evident when you see these films.

How can you not love Captain Marvel verbally flexing here?
    The J-man

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if Thanos isn’t even there when the team goes to confront him. Would help explain the apparent time jump without needing to address why Thanos didn’t kill them last round.

Still think he’s gonna curb stomp the avengers when they do confront him a second time tho.