Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Plus it would be a weird way to end phase 3 with a prequel that leads up to a moment seen in a movie released a year ago.

Incredible Member

Avengers End Game confessions.

I bought my ticket later than release day weeks ago for launch night. I could only see it in the theater at a 2:20 am showing. The movie is said to be 3 hours long. I won't be done until after 5am.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Looks like the review embargo is up so reviews should start coming in shortly.

Here's one (nonspoiler)

Here we go!

Going in a couple of hours. Very excited.

Well doing well so far on RT. Looks like another critical sucess for the MCU

Astonishing Member

It came out here in Australia today. Saw it at a special 8am showing. The film perfectly caps off 10 years of story. Each character gets a moment to shine. I do feel it didn't need to be 3hrs though.

Ultimate Member

The movie is smashing all the records in China.

It’s expected to open to around $95-$100m...in one day.

Holy smokes. That was the most epic film experience I've ever had. Even more epic than last year by a huge margin. What I saw on film, I didn't think was even possible. I'm more emotionally drained that last year. Already seeing it again tomorrow with my wife.

I live in Macau, and I've never witnessed so much emotion in a theater here before. People are usually reserved at the cinema. Definitely not this time. It was surreal. I can't imagine how awesome it will be with American audiences. That's the only regret I have seeing it here.

I hate to gatekeep, but in my opinion if you read spoilers, you're just cheating yourself out of a once in a lifetime experience. Absorbing the narrative for the first time through simply reading a synopsis or worse leaks, just isn't the same. This film is clearly the culmination of the entire MCU rolled into one. It's a love letter to the fans that have invested their time in watching, and even though Marvel is going to continue after this, Endgame clearly feels like the end of a long emotional 10 year odyssey. Marvel could stop making movies today, and it would be perfect.

The Russo Bros. were clearly the right team for this job. Clearly.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-24-2019 at 12:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I hate to gatekeep, but in my opinion if you read spoilers, you're just cheating yourself out of a once in a lifetime experience. Absorbing the narrative for the first time through simply reading a synopsis or worse leaks, just isn't the same.
    To each their own. For me, it's not the same experience because it's an enhancement. Especially for a complex film like this one, I always feel like if I go into the movie cold the first time I've kind of wasted my money. I need to see it a second or third time to really take everything in. Going in with an understanding of what I'm about to see - like reading the book before the movie - helps me tie everything together in real time and make full sense of the experience. If I come away from that experience feeling that the movie is diminished in some way, that's on the movie, because I would have felt that way no matter what.

It was good but it wasn't fun imo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    To each their own. For me, it's not the same experience because it's an enhancement. Especially for a complex film like this one, I always feel like if I go into the movie cold the first time I've kind of wasted my money. I need to see it a second or third time to really take everything in. Going in with an understanding of what I'm about to see - like reading the book before the movie - helps me tie everything together in real time and make full sense of the experience. If I come away from that experience feeling that the movie is diminished in some way, that's on the movie, because I would have felt that way no matter what.
    That's a great perspective to have. Spoilers as an enhancement drug!