Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Intermediary

if I don't like the "best boy" in the movie, it's crap

CRAP I SAY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Holy smokes. That was the most epic film experience I've ever had. Even more epic than last year by a huge margin. What I saw on film, I didn't think was even possible. I'm more emotionally drained that last year. Already seeing it again tomorrow with my wife.

I live in Macau, and I've never witnessed so much emotion in a theater here before. People are usually reserved at the cinema. Definitely not this time. It was surreal. I can't imagine how awesome it will be with American audiences. That's the only regret I have seeing it here.

I hate to gatekeep, but in my opinion if you read spoilers, you're just cheating yourself out of a once in a lifetime experience. Absorbing the narrative for the first time through simply reading a synopsis or worse leaks, just isn't the same. This film is clearly the culmination of the entire MCU rolled into one. It's a love letter to the fans that have invested their time in watching, and even though Marvel is going to continue after this, Endgame clearly feels like the end of a long emotional 10 year odyssey. Marvel could stop making movies today, and it would be perfect.

The Russo Bros. were clearly the right team for this job. Clearly.
    Thank you for this. You somehow managed to increase my hype level for this movie.

Marvel has struck a perfect formula and what you say seems to be the prevailing take-away from this film. I can't wait until Saturday afternoon,

THURSDAY UPDATE #2: Online ticket retailer Fandango.com now reports over 8,000 showtimes of Endgame have already sold out on Fandango as it has now officially become the company's largest pre-seller, topping Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The company also reports the nation's theater chains are constantly posting new opening weekend showtimes and adding new screens for Endgame on Fandango.

THURSDAY AM UPDATE: The launch of Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Endgame opened yesterday in 25 material markets and posted an estimated $169 million, including preview showings. The film's launch in China was an industry single day record, delivering $107.5 million, including midnight showings, but the records didn't end there.

Debuts in Australia ($7m), Philippines ($3.9m), Hong Kong ($2.7m), Taiwan ($2.6m), Thailand ($2.4m) and Malaysia ($2m) were all single day records. Indonesia ($2.5m) delivered the largest all-time industry opening day while Germany ($5.6m) delivered the third highest opening day in the market and Italy ($5.8m) the second highest opening day.

In France, the film opened with an estimated $6 million, a record opening day for a film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the second largest opening took place in South Korea with an estimated $8.4 million, a record number of admissions for an opening day in the market.

The film is currently pacing ahead of Avengers: Infinity War in all markets and will open in the UK and Brazil today with early indications pointing to a record setting midnight performance in the UK.

Endgame will open domestically tomorrow in a massive, 4,662 locations, which includes over 3,900 3D locations, 410 IMAX screens, 785 Premium Large Format screens and 250 D-Box/4D locations, with previews beginning tonight at 6 PM.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4506&p=.htm

Astonishing Member

Curious how big those openings in each country would have been if it opened on a Friday as opposed to a Wednesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Marvel's "Avengers: Endgame" earned a whopping $60 million in its Thursday night preview screenings, making it the biggest Thursday night opening at the box office of all time. Screenings started at 6:00 p.m. and continued in some theaters through all hours of the night and early morning.

Marvel's "Avengers: Endgame" earned a whopping $60 million in its Thursday night preview screenings, making it the biggest Thursday night opening at the box office of all time. Screenings started at 6:00 p.m. and continued in some theaters through all hours of the night and early morning.

"Endgame's" box office previews flew past the Thursday total for "Avengers: Infinity War," which earned $39 million and was previously the highest preview amount for any MCU film. "Endgame" also surpassed "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" ($57 million), "Star Wars: The Last Jedi "($45 million), and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" ($43.5 million), which previously held the top three spots. Other Marvel titles "Captain America: Civil War" earned $25 million in previews, while "Black Panther" grossed $25.2 million.

It's exactly the start you want to see for a movie with its sights set on potentially a $1 billion opening weekend. "Endgame" set records for a Hollywood film in China on its opening night on Tuesday, bringing in $107.5 million for a global total after two days that as of Friday sits at $305.5 million.

The initial projections for "Endgame" domestically were just $270 million, which would still be an all-time record, but "Endgame" is expected to leave the high bar set by "Infinity War," a $257.6 million domestic opening and a $640 million global launch, in the dust.

It could get to that $1 billion mark, in part because word of mouth in China has also reached unprecedented levels. On ticketing website Maoyan, the film has a score of 9.3/10, the highest ever for a Marvel movie. Such strong reception has been matched in the U.S., where "Endgame" has a "Certified Fresh" rating of 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. Only "Black Panther" has managed a higher Rotten Tomatoes score with a 97% grade.

Across the globe, here's a list of all the territories "Endgame' has already set records for the highest all-time industry single day: China (incl. midnights), Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, The Philippines, Korea (admissions), UK, Brazil, Egypt, Panama, Peru, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Trinidad and Uruguay.

It has also registered the highest all-time industry opening day in Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Bosnia/Herz, Czech Rep, Serbia (non-local), Slovakia, Turkey and Ukraine.

In addition to its North American debut, "Endgame" opens in Mexico, Spain, India, Japan, South Africa, Vietnam, Venezuela and Ecuador. The only market it is not opening in this weekend is Russia (Apr. 29).

"Avengers: Endgame" is the 22nd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the epic conclusion to the studio's Phase Three, in which the Avengers battle the evil alien warlord Thanos after the events of "Avengers: Infinity War" left half of the universe's population disintegrated into clouds of dust. Anthony and Joe Russo direct the film that stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Paul Rudd and Josh Brolin as Thanos.

Domestically, "Avengers: Endgame" opens Friday in over 4,662 theaters, including over 3,900 3D locations, 410 IMAX screens, 785 premium large format screens and 250 D-Box/4D locations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    if I don't like the "best boy" in the movie, it's crap

CRAP I SAY
    The best boy anyone came up with was Fuzzy Skinner