Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Where is Sinister anyway?
    He wasn't at the beach. He's probably got a lab going somewhere under New York.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Wait-a-minute, two of 'em look to be flying, or at least jumping & maybe getting aloft briefly. I like the butterfly girl, her wings are pretty.
    I think their wings are able to fly, but their wings probably aren't going to get them very far even if they can fly.

Wait-a-minute, two of 'em look to be flying, or at least jumping & maybe getting aloft briefly. I like the butterfly girl, her wings are pretty.
    Wingless! Agreed.
    They're jumping and playing volleyball. Besides, you can't have flying mutants imprisoned in a jail with an open air yard.
    The butterfly is quite pretty, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    When I read that part all I could do was say this: “Ooooooh Forge, What did you do??”

For him Forge of all people to be the Warden to house mutant inmates, he must have done something inexcusable against Department X and The X-Men. Ooh this is good. I Like I Like.
    Given what people are being arrested for, he could be in there for tipping his hat to the wrong woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    When I read that part all I could do was say this: “Ooooooh Forge, What did you do??”

For him Forge of all people to be the Warden to house mutant inmates, he must have done something inexcusable against Department X and The X-Men. Ooh this is good. I Like I Like.
    I could be wrong, but don't think it's meant to be interpreted that way. It would be a pretty cool twist, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Wingless! Agreed.
    They're jumping and playing volleyball. Besides, you can't have flying mutants imprisoned in a jail with an open air yard.
    The butterfly is quite pretty, yes.
    Synergy!
    Yeah, figured the one closest to the net & "flying" the highest (per their shadow), was probably just spiking the ball.
    Uh-huh, she makes for a lovely visual. For that alone, I hope she gets a bigger role, than bein' in the background only.

Not surprised there's no Lorna in the preview. I won't say this proves she's hardly in it, purely because I made that assumption with some Peter David written comics with Lorna and I was wrong then. But it does lean toward the implication that Marvel's taken her Gifted season 1 used, given it to Bishop, and turned her into a supporting character for him.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Not surprised there's no Lorna in the preview. I won't say this proves she's hardly in it, purely because I made that assumption with some Peter David written comics with Lorna and I was wrong then. But it does lean toward the implication that Marvel's taken her Gifted season 1 used, given it to Bishop, and turned her into a supporting character for him.
    Lorna has hardly been the first X-Man to be imprisoned or to escape captivity. Hell Bishop himself has been a prisoner in other storylines before.
    Last edited by acisking; 03-30-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    Lorna has hardly been the first X-Man to be imprisoned or to escape captivity. Hell Bishop himself has been a prisoner in other storylines before.
    Lorna is the most recent high-profile case on a major form of media (Gifted TV show). The usage of that version of her with the concept was highly popular, to the point where a lot of people were drawing fanart and wearing cosplay of it. Only a year and a half has passed since. About the time it'd take for Marvel to take cues from the show and plan for this book.

The basic premise of locking up mutants for breaking laws, rather than just because they're mutants, also takes from Lorna's use on Gifted. If Prisoner X was a concentration camp we might not be having this discussion.

The uniforms, collars, etc combine with the two above points. Alone they'd mean nothing. Paired with other factors, they mean something more.

It's not a matter of who's "the first," but where the inspiration clearly came from. In this case, it clearly came from Gifted, and it's part of a larger pattern of Marvel treating Lorna poorly and taking things away from her to give to other characters - mainly men. She spent 2016 and most of 2017 in limbo, then her return to comics on Blue got hijacked to make her a supporting character for Havok who went on to lead a team book while she got nothing, and now Bishop's leading a prison concept clearly lifted from her use on Gifted while she's reduced to a supporting character for him instead of Havok this time. Not to mention Lorna's origin story getting taken from her and given to Jean for Dark Phoenix, replacing a plane with a car, but whether that's Marvel's fault or Fox's pre-buyout is unknown right now.

This is just since end of 2015. I'm not including the multitude of things I can point out from pre-2015.

If you like Prisoner X, fine for you. The quality of writing is a separate matter from how Marvel's behavior toward Lorna is BS. If you want Bishop in a lead role, that's good too, because I'm not saying he shouldn't have one. I'm saying this concept should've gone to Lorna to lead while Bishop led something else.

I am not okay with watching Marvel continue to treat Lorna like she's too worthless to deserve anything except being a lesser supporting character for Havok, or Magneto (Blue til #15), or Bishop, or Gambit (ANXF #3-6; fine starting w/ #7), or whoever the next character (likely a big strong man) is that they decide should be shown as superior to her in every way.
    Last edited by salarta; 03-30-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I am hoping Lorna will yet have a good showing. I do not mind Bishop getting focus since the character is a great one and he deserves being a heroic character after what they did to him years ago.

Though, I will admit so far in the Age of X-man stories they all seem to be very male centric. I feel the men are centered in most of the stories (X-man, Apocalypse, Bishop, Nightcrawler, etc). Jean and Storm seem very subdued. I guess one can argue that Kitty and Besty has had some focus (though both were objectified by men - Eye boy and Blob). It is kind of gross how the females have been treated in this event.

I could continue to rant, but I will just say this, so far I do like this series. I am interested in Bishop's story. I do hope that Polaris gets to do something, and that whatever it is it will be meaningful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am hoping Lorna will yet have a good showing. I do not mind Bishop getting focus since the character is a great one and he deserves being a heroic character after what they did to him years ago.

Though, I will admit so far in the Age of X-man stories they all seem to be very male centric. I feel the men are centered in most of the stories (X-man, Apocalypse, Bishop, Nightcrawler, etc). Jean and Storm seem very subdued. I guess one can argue that Kitty and Besty has had some focus (though both were objectified by men - Eye boy and Blob). It is kind of gross how the females have been treated in this event.

I could continue to rant, but I will just say this, so far I do like this series. I am interested in Bishop's story. I do hope that Polaris gets to do something, and that whatever it is it will be meaningful.
    As a woman, I don't know how I feel about this event because I feel like you're right, we're getting a very male-focused POV. However, I also think the different books are giving us a clear insight into how much worse this world is if you're a woman.

Look at Nezumi, who is being treated much, much worse than even Bishop just because she's pregnant. She's being abused and hurt by Moneta because she's pregnant, which only happened because she's a woman. And if Moneta is just someone created/controlled by Nate, then Nate, a man, is the one punishing her for this feminine "sin."

Then we have Jean...seems like she got off easy compared to Bishop, didn't it? But again, she was only "saved" because of Nate's clear obsession with her. She's his prisoner and he's keeping a hard eye on her.

Let's take a look at that scene between Kitty and Eye Boy. Kitty was being seen as a sexual object by Trevor, but she is unable to let herself continue with it because he's a kid and she's an adult and she just doesn't see him like that. But the scene isn't really fanservice. We are meant to agree with Kitty but sympathize with Trevor's own confusion.

But I have hope here that we will be getting more from our female characters. Storm is being set up as someone to challenge Nate, Laura is regaining her memories, Kitty is being given a prominent position next to Apocalypse, Polaris had better be in some issues, and we have plenty of female characters in X-tremists. Fingers crossed!

What I think are my two favorite quotes.

Forge:

Whatta good (delusional) lil' soldier.

Psylocke:

You're pretty clever yourself, Betsy. I see what you did there, with your suggestive, preemptive wordplay. Prepping him for the inevitable, huh, by way of psychological deception. SO devious, taking doubts likely to be cast on you, and reflecting them back at your accuser(s) beforehand.
    Leah said that Psylocke has her own agenda. So Betsy is into something

spoilers:
    Questions and more questions.

I've had just about enough of Gabby, ngl. She's not even in the "precocious tween sidekick" role here, she's just grating.

Aside from that, I am really digging this. The amount of mindfuckery going on here is just off the charts. Everyone is taking Bishop's measure, Bishop is still getting nowhere figuring out who left that note, and less than nowhere figuring out where the boundaries of his reality are. Really getting "The Prisoner" vibes off this whole thing, and I can't even begin to guess where this is going to go. I'm just really looking forward to seeing Bishop and Polaris cut loose.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Per the inside cover, recap/credits intro page:
    ... AFTER A VIOLENT ENCOUNTER WITH BEAST, BISHOP REALIZED THAT NOBODY ELSE REMEMBERED THEIR SHARED PAST. NOBODY EXCEPT FELLOW INMATES DANIELLE MOONSTAR AND POLARIS, WHO ARE SIMILARLY HAUNTED BY STRANGE MEMORIES. ...
    Guess this means that Pestilence flashback:

... WAS Lorna's?

Haven't read it yet--or Anduinel's spoiler-filled thoughts--but am about to now.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-03-2019 at 03:39 AM.

BANNED

Great read, and still my favorite AoXM title, but... VERY disappointed, with how lil' of Lorna there was. Dani too, for that matter. Bishop's encounter & subsequent eXchange with Beast, was the best part for me. Some cool developments that add to the mystery, and will undoubtedly lead to new speculation(s), are definitely there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Questions and more questions.

I've had just about enough of Gabby, ngl. She's not even in the "precocious tween sidekick" role here, she's just grating.

Aside from that, I am really digging this. The amount of mindfuckery going on here is just off the charts. Everyone is taking Bishop's measure, Bishop is still getting nowhere figuring out who left that note, and less than nowhere figuring out where the boundaries of his reality are. Really getting "The Prisoner" vibes off this whole thing, and I can't even begin to guess where this is going to go. I'm just really looking forward to seeing Bishop and Polaris cut loose.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I didn't care much for Gabby before this, personally, and do so even less now. She's beyond annoying, and off-putting.

The Polaris thinking she's in a straitjacket thing, is... BIZARRE! But I'm kinda diggin' it, and like you, GREATLY look forward to when she finally breaks free and just... UNLEASHES!

I'm getting the impression nobody can "see" Dani, other than Lucas, and maybe Lorna. Well, and Shard. Speaking of, Moonstar's seeming fear of her, and Shard's reactionary comment about her was... in her own words, "INTERESTING." Adds to the idea that there's 2 likely telepathic minds, waging an Astral Plane like war, here.
    end of spoilers