Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Never been a thief either, to my knowledge.

But then again, my Gibbon knowledge, his motivations were mostly "Beat up Spider-Man for laughing at him" or playing a hero, which he did at various points, helped defeat Beetle, Spot, Kangaroo, and White Rabbit.
    hmm.. why was Spider-Man laughing at him? With Peter's personal history of being teased/bullied, you would think.... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. I'd never read a story with him that bothered to give him any pathos. Well, for as long as it lasts, kudos, I suppose.
    he's never murdered or maimed anyone, has he? Mainly he's been just a thief?
    He also made a go at being a superhero in DeMatteis' Spectacular Spider-Man. The main issues were the Legion of Losers from Spectacular Spider-Man #246, and a victory over the White Rabbit in #256, although he was a recurring character throughout the run.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm.. why was Spider-Man laughing at him? With Peter's personal history of being teased/bullied, you would think.... oh well.
    He asked to be Peter’s sidekick.

Astonishing Member

Why a story about Gibbon though?
    The other point one stories seem way more interesting that this one.The other stories go from a Black Cat,Vulture and Lizard stories to Gibbon.A character that while being classic did not feature in that many stories before compared to Black Cat for example.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The other point one stories seem way more interesting that this one.The other stories go from a Black Cat,Vulture and Lizard stories to Gibbon.A character that while being classic did not feature in that many stories before compared to Black Cat for example.
    Spencer has a natural predilection for the B to C to D list heroes. To be honest, him focusing on pantheon villains like Lizard and Vulture seems more out of place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spencer has a natural predilection for the B to C to D list heroes. To be honest, him focusing on pantheon villains like Lizard and Vulture seems more out of place.
    Classic Vilains as Lizard and Vulture i find it more interesting to have a point one story.And with so many villains apearing in this story i think a point one story of Stegron for example would be better that a story about Gibbon.Anyways i will be reading the reviews about this story but of all the point one stories this story so far does not seem that interesting.

The Gibbon story was a classic tragedy when I read it as a kid. It stands out in my memory ... it gave me the feels at the time and that had an impact.

No doubt it probably had a similar impact on plenty of other people including Nick Spencer. Gibbon is animal themed. They wanted to work it in somehow. This is how they chose to do it.

Classic Vilains as Lizard and Vulture i find it more interesting to have a point one story.And with so many villains apearing in this story i think a point one story of Stegron for example would be better that a story about Gibbon.Anyways i will be reading the reviews about this story but of all the point one stories this story so far does not seem that interesting.
    Stegron? Seriously? Sauron-lite?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Don't hate on Stegron, North Korea's finest.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Okay, realizing / remembering in the same story of Gibbon's first appearance he's recollecting, in the middle of his self-despair from Spidey's brush-off, he was used as a pawn of (dum dum DUM!) Kraven the Hunter. I wonder if a few pages after preview, he'll mention that, in connection to this story, as well as call him "Bad Man".

Same goes for eventual upcoming Vulture story, in reference to memories of what he thought of Kraven on the original Sinister Six.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    The Gibbon story was a classic tragedy when I read it as a kid. It stands out in my memory ... it gave me the feels at the time and that had an impact.

No doubt it probably had a similar impact on plenty of other people including Nick Spencer. Gibbon is animal themed. They wanted to work it in somehow. This is how they chose to do it.
    Fair enough.I will have to re-read again the Gibbon story again eventualy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yep.I would had liked more a point one story of Stegron or Iguana or Puma to say other characters of this story arc that a point one story of the Gibbon.But thats just me.

Ahh man..... I actually teared up at the end of this issue.

This was good

I almost cried with this. Spencer, you madman, you almost make me cry with Gibbon.

To think that I initially thought this issue was a waste. Great job, Mr Spencer.

Sadder than the Avengers Initiative issue.

Continuity god rears his head yet again. I thought he'd ignore Marvel Apes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate