Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Big props to Lashley for just how mangled he makes Gibbon look. I don't think anyone else on this event could've made it all look quite that savage and brutal. Really sells how messed up this all is.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah...I had a feeling this issue was gonna hit me hard, and it still got me good. Really shows the hopelessness of not just this situation, but of characters like him and their lives in this world, constantly screwed over and fighting back, and no matter how hard they try to move on, they're always pulled by things out of their control. Now I just want Spidey to go complete psycho on EVERYONE.

Normally I hate seeing B and C-Listers used as fodder for events but man this issue really made me feel sad. Gibbon was life’s chew toy, sucks to see him never get his due.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Normally I hate seeing B and C-Listers used as fodder for events but man this issue really made me feel sad. Gibbon was life’s chew toy, sucks to see him never get his due.
    That being said, what’re the odds of him being brought up after this story arc?

BANNED

Great issue. Emotional, as expected. Things are going to get much more brutal as this hunt goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That being said, what’re the odds of him being brought up after this story arc?
    Who can say? And really, what does it matter? It doesn't devalue the excellence of this issue if Gibbon's name isn't brought up on a regular basis in the future.

knew the outcome a mile away. But it still sucks especially at the end when he couldn't speak to Spidey. I literally didn't knew anything about him prior to this issue but I'm glad to understand Gibbon a little better

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Big props to Lashley for just how mangled he makes Gibbon look. I don't think anyone else on this event could've made it all look quite that savage and brutal. Really sells how messed up this all is.
    Yeah, it's brutal, but it isn't excessive. It's just sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah...I had a feeling this issue was gonna hit me hard, and it still got me good. Really shows the hopelessness of not just this situation, but of characters like him and their lives in this world, constantly screwed over and fighting back, and no matter how hard they try to move on, they're always pulled by things out of their control. Now I just want Spidey to go complete psycho on EVERYONE.
    To be fair, as Gibbon's inner voice tells us, this wasn't just him getting screwed. He was the ultimately the one making these bad decisions and making his situation worse. He didn't have to turn to a life of crime after Spider-man laughed at him, he didn't have to date a woman who treated him like crap, he didn't have to leave his construction job for a life of crime, he didn't have to follow Vulture for the small chance that the woman who left him once would want to get back with him.

And I think that's a point Spencer keeps making with these villains: they're villains because of how they react to the hard circumstances they have been dealt. Yes, they were victims of circumstances, but they didn't always help themselves. And while you do have guys like Gibbon, Rhino, even Boomerang and Shocker, guys who really are not that bad deep down, you also have people like Vulture who are just bad.

It doesn't really make what's happening to them any less awful or disturbing.

Well, that was just depressing.

Astonishing Member

I just realized...

How did the hunters not know what a gibbon is? How stupid are these people?
    Last edited by PCN24454; 04-03-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Clarification

Damn, i don't know who he was and it hit me hard.
    I mean i don't know if he truly dies but one way or another Spencer really makes you feel for him.

I just realized...

How did the hunters not know what Gibbon is? How stupid are these people?
    Considering the guy who lost it while beating up Iguana i would say pretty f'ing stupid, i mean what happens when Spidey finally rallies these people to fight them off? Miles of bad road i tell ya.

Extraordinary Member

I just realized...

I mean, I know what a gibbon is, but I don't really know what one looks like.

I just realized...

It is not exactly the most famous of the apes. It's not like a gorilla or an orangutan.

BANNED

I just realized...

Very stupid. It's been established that these are not knowledgeable people.

That said, it's not like the gibbon is a well-known ape that everyone would be familiar with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Very stupid. It's been established that these are not knowledgeable people.

That said, it's not like the gibbon is a well-known ape that everyone would be familiar with.
    Took a big effort to make someone even more down on his luck than Peter Parker.