Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
I've actually been brainstorming a Supes vs Brainiac story that I would like to see on the big screen. My only issue is introducing Brainiac in the prologue and giving him motivation enough to come to Earth. I'd like to do something original, but at this point, it seems like it's all been done before. I just need to find an approach I like.

I just go with the DCAU version. All in one of things people want to see and a good counter to Superman's abilities.
Thanks. I just want to finally see a great version of this intriguing character on the big screen. In the Krypton show, he's a collector or worlds, so maybe he comes to Earth because something about it intrigues him. Maybe Superman himself, his powers and his Kryptonian tech. And Brainiac learns Clark comes from Krypton, and also Clark learns Braniac has the bottled city of Kandor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
I really need to catch up with that show.

For the longest time Brainiac was really carried by his extreme intellect. His technology was fantastic enough to give Superman fits, and he was petty enough to direct it to do all sorts of things, like blind Superman with the traumatic vision of Krypton's explosion or red sun missiles. Physically he used a force field as defense. When he became cybernetic I suppose he gained greater strength, but he was mostly just better adapted to technology.

Post crisis, his body is destroyed but his consciousness drifts into an earth psychic, and the result is that he gains psychic power control. So mind reading, illusions, mind projection, and psychic shockwaves that can cause damage. His ship and weapons were extensions of him self. Later on he just sort of doubles down on the tech thing again.

In most continuities we see him augment his body and a usual result is better remote control over electronics and super strength to boot.
Thank you, you are so helpful! If you still have't seen Krypton S1, I strongly recommend you do. It really does the villains and the characters justice, IMO.