Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Busiek mentioning on Twitter hat he wanted to do a big Brainiac story just makes me even more sad his run got cut short by editorial. I really want a big Superman vs. Brainiac story again, I guess Snyder’s JL is the best I’ll get for now.

What’s the story on that? I never realized his run was cut short due to editorial reasons.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What’s the story on that? I never realized his run was cut short due to editorial reasons.
    Busiek still posts here sometimes so hopefully he’ll correct me if I’m wrong, but my recollection was he was planning on a long run on Superman akin to his Avengers run. However his endgame plans for New Krypton were changed right before they reached the endpoint when editorial suddenly told them they no longer could do that ending story they had planned. That messed everything up and eventually Busiek left the Superman book to go do Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Well looks like you need to hope on Amazon or Google Books and handle that.
    I really do! But I just got some of Walt Simmonson's Thor in the mail and I gotta get through that.....and a million other things, before I make it to Panic in the Sky.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really do! But I just got some of Walt Simmonson's Thor in the mail and I gotta get through that.....and a million other things, before I make it to Panic in the Sky.
    Thor? Superman is first!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Busiek still posts here sometimes so hopefully he’ll correct me if I’m wrong, but my recollection was he was planning on a long run on Superman akin to his Avengers run. However his endgame plans for New Krypton were changed right before they reached the endpoint when editorial suddenly told them they no longer could do that ending story they had planned. That messed everything up and eventually Busiek left the Superman book to go do Trinity.
    Hmmm. That sounds unfortunate.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If it wasn't Walt Simonson, yeah. Your best bet at a compromise is his Superman Special.

I'm actually not such a big fan of Panic, but it is a really cool and extremely well plotted story from what I consider to be one of the best superhero stretches. I prefer Dead Again solely because of how Louise Simonson and Jon Bogdanove killed that one issue with the insect spawning lady.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I left to do TRINITY before the "New Krypton" stuff ever happened, though as I understand it they veered drastically away from what Geoff and I had been setting up.

But yeah, I wanted to do a big Brainiac story, and never got to it. Who knows, maybe someday.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I left to do TRINITY before the "New Krypton" stuff ever happened, though as I understand it they veered drastically away from what Geoff and I had been setting up.

But yeah, I wanted to do a big Brainiac story, and never got to it. Who knows, maybe someday.
    Do it as a Black Label story! God knows Clark could use more standalone stories that aren’t origins, and Brainiac in particular could use more love.

He is first. Which is why I have more Superman comics and trades than anything else. Maybe more than everything else combined.

Been meaning to dig into classic Thor for years, just finally getting around to it. I'll hit up Panic in the Sky at some point though. It's one of the few classic big Superman stories I don't have in my collection already.

....though I might finish off my Golden Age collection first. Still got a few Archives/collections on the back-end of that era I gotta grab.

Do it as a Black Label story! God knows Clark could use more standalone stories that aren’t origins, and Brainiac in particular could use more love.
    This is definitely true! I'd be all-in for this. Dont even need it as a Black Label, just a random stand-alone mini or one-shot or whatever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd rather do it as a trilogy of big-budget movies, at this point...

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

kdb
    Well, if Tom King and Geoff Johns can break into Hollywood, why not?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

kdb
    Considering how most of DC's movies have turned out in recent years, I think I'd rather just have you write a comic, honestly. It'd be more enjoyable.

If you could ensure the movie would be up to standard though.......well, that would be something else entirely.

Always nice to see a pro on the forums, btw!

~ Black Panther.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Going a bit off topic here, but what design is Brainiac in here?

20033212 copy.jpg

It's not his polo/briefs design...
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Going a bit off topic here, but what design is Brainiac in here?

20033212 copy.jpg

It's not his polo/briefs design...
    Post-Crisis Milton Fine Brainiac I think.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

That’s Brainiac from the “Dead Again” arc from 1994. Brainiac post 1991’s Panic in the Sky look. Modifications to his head, after Maxima scrambled his brains.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-16-2019 at 04:13 PM.