Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    The New Gods are so intricate and complicated, it would take several seasons to explore their mythology and due those characters justice. You can do bit by bit appearances until Darkseid is ready to take center stage.

You really only need to explore:
    Forever People + Infinity Man
    Mister Miracle and Barda
    Orion, Lightray and Highfather
    The Furies, Granny, Virmin Vundabar, Steppenwolf and Kanto
    Desaad, Dr Bedlam, Glorious Godfrey and Amazing Grace
    Darkseid, Anti-Life Equation

In a show setting, that's plenty of material to fill out a couple seasons.

That's great if you want to do a very specific SUPERMAN AND THE NEW GODS tv show.

But honestly, for a straight-up Superman show, those concepts cumulatively take away lots of time from the non- NG aspects like

- Lois
    - Jimmy
    - Perry
    - Lana
    - Daily Planet
    - LexCorp
    - Fortress of Solitude
    - Smallville
    - Metropolis SCU
    - Cadmus
    - STAR Labs
    - Galaxy Broadcasting Network
    - Krypto
    - All the other Super Rogues

The New Gods are NOT a subset of the Superverse. They are their own thing. I've yet to read a story where

A) Supes doesn't shine at their expense
    B) Supes isn't jobbing to make them look good

I'm no longer a fan of Supes and the NG interacting with each other. Keep them separate and let them shine in their own stories, I say.

Wouldn’t mind Conduit taking on the role honestly. Someone who saw Clark becoming Superman is there at his end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Agreed on Mxy being too great to be a threat and... the earlier thought I find perfect: Lex is Gary from Pokemon.
    True, Mxy offers almost deity level opposition (as do the Cathexis) but both the 5 and 6 dimensional beings hve had rules and were playing a game which presents vast opportunities for the display of Super Intelligence which should never be forgotten but so often is :^(

Maybe a Superman series would be better without each season having a big bad. As I see it, almost all of them members of Superman's rogues gallery qualify to be terrifying big bads for other heroes. What is epic for most superheroes should be another day at the office for Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent. One reason that DC/Warner doesn't seem to know what to do with Superman, is that they keep forgetting who he is. He is Superman not Relatableman, nor is he Justanotheroneoftheguysman.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    That's great if you want to do a very specific SUPERMAN AND THE NEW GODS tv show.

But honestly, for a straight-up Superman show, those concepts cumulatively take away lots of time from the non- NG aspects like

- Lois
    - Jimmy
    - Perry
    - Lana
    - Daily Planet
    - LexCorp
    - Fortress of Solitude
    - Smallville
    - Metropolis SCU
    - Cadmus
    - STAR Labs
    - Galaxy Broadcasting Network
    - Krypto
    - All the other Super Rogues

The New Gods are NOT a subset of the Superverse. They are their own thing. I've yet to read a story where

A) Supes doesn't shine at their expense
    B) Supes isn't jobbing to make them look good

I'm no longer a fan of Supes and the NG interacting with each other. Keep them separate and let them shine in their own stories, I say.
    Time is a factor as well. Are we talking Marvel Netflix # of episodes (13) or Arrowverse # of episodes (23)?

Depending on the amount of time, you can spend either 1-2 seasons on the New Gods. And just because the NG are there, it wouldn't phase out other people in Supes' Lore.

Jimmy and the Forever People is easy.

Star Labs and Supes coordinate together to study and understand New God tech.

Galaxy Broadcast Network had Morgan Edge running it. Morgan Edge (a Kirby creation) worked for Darkseid. Just like Bruno Mannheim of Intergang worked for Darkseid.

Dan Turbin, Maggey Sawyer, Cadmus don't need to be excluded either. Turbin is another Kirby creation.

Recruit the JL, TT or the Legion to help in a final stand against Apokolips. Or as Kirby intended, frag both New Genesis, Apokolips and all the New Gods in a second Ragnarok. Make the battlefield Earth.

Astonishing Member

Cythonna

Seriously. She's Krypton's Devil.

She could easily be made into Superman's Hela to his Thor.

She poses not only a powerful threat being able to manhandle him with relative ease but also is a smear on the view of Superman's world as being perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Time is a factor as well. Are we talking Marvel Netflix # of episodes (13) or Arrowverse # of episodes (23)?
    Less is more. All killer, no filler. I'd be fine with following HBO's GAME OF THRONES general format: 60 minute episodes with no commercials or breaks. 10 hour- long episodes a season. 7 seasons, tops, plotted from start to finish ahead of time. 70 episodes total.

How long are the TITANS and DOOM PATROL episodes on DC Streaming?

Depending on the amount of time, you can spend either 1-2 seasons on the New Gods. And just because the NG are there, it wouldn't phase out other people in Supes' Lore.

Jimmy and the Forever People is easy.

Star Labs and Supes coordinate together to study and understand New God tech.

Galaxy Broadcast Network had Morgan Edge running it. Morgan Edge (a Kirby creation) worked for Darkseid. Just like Bruno Mannheim of Intergang worked for Darkseid.

Dan Turbin, Maggey Sawyer, Cadmus don't need to be excluded either. Turbin is another Kirby creation.

Recruit the JL, TT or the Legion to help in a final stand against Apokolips. Or as Kirby intended, frag both New Genesis, Apokolips and all the New Gods in a second Ragnarok. Make the battlefield Earth.

And this would be exactly would I would not want. Too many capes with the League and Titans involved. The New Gods spreading like a virus to infect all aspects of the Superverse. It's a New Gods show with Superman as the decoration. Hard pass for me. Plus, a tv budget will make any Ragnarok look hokey (see SMALLVILLE finale).

Personally, I want a show that keeps the spotlight squarely on Superman and HIS world. No Justice League. No New Gods. They are not necessary for a great Superman show.

Back to the original question. I still think the absolute worst thing that could successfully happen to the Superverse is the bottling of Metropolis. Everything else has been done well before. Alien invasion, monstrous damage, etc. But the bottling of a city is almost ubiquitously Superman. And given what KRYPTON has teased, it would be traumatic beyond belief. And it would not be just a threat: Brainiac actually succeeds in bottling Metropolis (and that could be the entire final season).

Brainiac bottling Metropolis and Superman trying to rescue the city is a great idea, it would make a great movie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Brainiac bottling Metropolis and Superman trying to rescue the city is a great idea, it would make a great movie too.
    Agreed, especially if Lois Lane is trapped inside. Of course, I expect Superman to fix it back to normal or just prevent it on time like what happened in the show Krypton. God, that looked cinematic and on a TV budget.

I think I prefer a TV show with less episodes so no filler. 10 or 13 episodes each season. With writers who actually do their homework on the Superman lore. And Superman/Clark needs to be at the center of the whole story overall, though I also want the supporting characters to be well developed, but not at the expense of Clark. And no Supergirl. She hasn't arrived.