View Poll Results: Who are you yet hoping to see, in Hickman's HOX&POX?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rogue

58 42.03%
  • Kitty Pryde

22 15.94%
  • Psylocke

49 35.51%
  • Polaris

44 31.88%
  • X-23

19 13.77%
  • Domino

21 15.22%
  • Sunspot

47 34.06%
  • Cannonball

32 23.19%
  • Multiple Man

17 12.32%
  • Northstar

35 25.36%
    23 16.67%
  • Sunfire

26 18.84%
  • Monet

27 19.57%
  • Rictor

23 16.67%
  • Any of the newest, younger X-Men

38 27.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Banshee, dammt!
    Me as well!

This promo just makes me think that after the age of x-man event Rogue, Gambit, and Sunspot will make it on to teams outside of the x-line

BANNED

Once again, the X-Women are like dominatriXes...

... as they subjugate the competition.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-02-2019 at 05:36 AM.

BANNED

So as of right now, per this polling with fans here, we have a TOP:

1. Polaris
    2. Rogue
    3. Psylocke
    4. Sunspot
    5. Northstar

Hmm, good miX of personalities & powers, with some solid contrasting to be found in both areas. Varying levels of recognition are also there. Could make for a fairly quintessential quintet, with the right creators & premise, even if in just a limited capacity.

Interesting to note that Cannonball & Monet, or maybe one of the newer, younger characters, would be neXt in line. Though with the first 2, those right behind them--Karma, Sunfire, Kitty, & Rictor, respectively--are thisclose. That leaves X-23, Domino, & Multiple Man wiping up the rear, lol, at this stage of the game.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-05-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    So as of right now, per this polling with fans here, we have a TOP:

1. Polaris
    2. Rogue
    3. Psylocke
    4. Sunspot
    5. Northstar

Hmm, good miX of personalities & powers, with some solid contrasting to be found in both areas. Varying levels of recognition are also there. Could make for a fairly quintessential quintet, with the right creators & premise, even if in just a limited capacity.
    I'd totally read that team. I like that they are five people who are not traditionally part of the same team. Rogue and Psylocke are perhaps the only two who have grouped together, significantly, so the interactions between the five of them would be fresh. Adding Cannonball, for instance, might put Sunspot in a 'safer' space and result in those two clique-ing, while your current top five eliminates that possibility.

I like. Really, Northstar and Rogue are the only two of those five I remember actually ever talking to each other!

Interesting to note that Cannonball & Monet, or maybe one of the newer, younger characters, would be neXt in line. Though with the first 2, those right behind them--Karma, Sunfire, Kitty, & Rictor, respectively--are this close. That leaves X-23, Domino, & Multiple Man wiping up the rear, lol, at this stage of the game.
    Monet would feel odd on a team with such strong alpha women, and particularly with Rogue and Psylocke doing everything she does, and kind of sucking the wind out of her 'I'm the best!' schtick. (Which, in itself, could be fun.) Of those remaining, I'd pick Sunfire and maybe Domino, who have, for the most part, also not interacted with the top five. (Dom has with 'Berto, but they've both changed and grown significantly since then, and are kind of different people and wouldn't be at risk of falling into an old dynamic, IMO.)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

From the poll, Sunspot, Monet, and Rictor. I would also like to see Surge, Prodigy, Bling, and Wind Dancer show up somewhere. And while I'm wishing for things that will probably never happen, I would like to see Morph and Hindsight again.

BANNED

Chamber and Husk

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quentin Quire!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    And while I'm wishing for things that will probably never happen, I would like to see Morph and Hindsight again.
    SAME!! Wish we got to see more of them! Marvel robbed us of having more Gen X by Christina Strain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd totally read that team. I like that they are five people who are not traditionally part of the same team. Rogue and Psylocke are perhaps the only two who have grouped together, significantly, so the interactions between the five of them would be fresh. Adding Cannonball, for instance, might put Sunspot in a 'safer' space and result in those two clique-ing, while your current top five eliminates that possibility.

I like. Really, Northstar and Rogue are the only two of those five I remember actually ever talking to each other!

Monet would feel odd on a team with such strong alpha women, and particularly with Rogue and Psylocke doing everything she does, and kind of sucking the wind out of her 'I'm the best!' schtick. (Which, in itself, could be fun.) Of those remaining, I'd pick Sunfire and maybe Domino, who have, for the most part, also not interacted with the top five. (Dom has with 'Berto, but they've both changed and grown significantly since then, and are kind of different people and wouldn't be at risk of falling into an old dynamic, IMO.)
    You've encapsulated my own thoughts perfectly, and said much of what I wanted to say but didn't, for fear of it soundin' like favoritism - thank you!

Do you think there would be too much X-over tho, between Sunspot & Sunfire, with their abilities, backgrounds, etc.? As much as I love Shiro, maybe Rictor--even with his similarities to Roberto--would be a better, more distinguishing choice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Do you think there would be too much X-over tho, between Sunspot & Sunfire, with their abilities, backgrounds, etc.? As much as I love Shiro, maybe Rictor--even with his similarities to Roberto--would be a better, more distinguishing choice.
    While 'Berto's powers have changed, he still thinks like a tanky character, who happens to be able to fly and throw zaps, when he's of a mind to, while Shiro was pretty much a flying zapper right out of the box, so they feel pretty different, even if they are potentially clones. I think they'd clash interestingly, since both have taken on leadership roles (even if nobody outside of Tokyo knows about Shiro's stint with Big Hero Six), and having grown into serious heroes, and corporate powerhouses, from immature 'hotheads.'

Rictor would also be on my list, but he's got the 'built in friend' with Berto thing going on, and I kind of like the idea of everyone on the team being more or less unfamiliar with each other, and having to forge some new connections, rather than hang out exclusively with their pre-established cliques.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While 'Berto's powers have changed, he still thinks like a tanky character, who happens to be able to fly and throw zaps, when he's of a mind to, while Shiro was pretty much a flying zapper right out of the box, so they feel pretty different, even if they are potentially clones. I think they'd clash interestingly, since both have taken on leadership roles (even if nobody outside of Tokyo knows about Shiro's stint with Big Hero Six), and having grown into serious heroes, and corporate powerhouses, from immature 'hotheads.'

Rictor would also be on my list, but he's got the 'built in friend' with Berto thing going on, and I kind of like the idea of everyone on the team being more or less unfamiliar with each other, and having to forge some new connections, rather than hang out exclusively with their pre-established cliques.
    Sunspot as the functioning bruiser of the team might put a wrinkle in Rogue's role tho, no? Suppose Sunfire as the more recognized flying, thermal energy-projector could work pretty well, story-wise, but feel the visuals of them both together might still pose a bit of a problem. However, I agree innate friction between the two has the potential for a compelling read, and maybe even the makings of a legendary rivalry.

And yeah, figured Rictor's former association with Roberto would be seen as a stumbling block, with what you were goin' for/had in mind. Understood, and can't argue that point.

X-23 and no gabby

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    This promo just makes me think that after the age of x-man event Rogue, Gambit, and Sunspot will make it on to teams outside of the x-line
    They said already the picture isn't literal and just representative of X-men eras. Hickman has hinted that Sunspot is one of his favorites, Jordan White has hinted for a while Sunspot is going to show up somewhere so I am starting to believe that with Hickman.

BANNED

We've had this:

X-Men Monday (featuring Jordan D. White) #6 – House of X, Powers of X and April Fools’ Day – AiPT!
    ... AiPT!: Wheelchair X-Tremist (@OneWheelchairX) asked if there are any characters missing from the teaser that will have important roles in the event?

Jordan: Definitely. ...
    ... which was good to hear.

But it's also been said that...

Welcome to the X-Men, Jonathan Hickman… Hope We Survive the Experience [X-ual Healing 3-20-19] - Bleeding Cool
    ... there’s a shorter time limit on this thing. 12 weeks, and done. Marvel has assured readers that Uncanny X-Men and the rest of the X-line will continue alongside it, so at least during that three-month period, it won’t cause the entire line to reboot. After it’s over, however, it’s hard to imagine that we won’t see a complete revamp of the line, because how can this be a major milestone in X-Men history if it doesn’t change the makeup of the X-books going forward?...
    ... which is where some of the teaser's M.I.A. might be... otherwise occupied. And if it's still...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ... "The X-Line as it is now will continue for the foreseeable future" - Yoshida-san

Does this mean all the creative teams from AOXM are getting books or we’re stuck with Rosencanny and Brisson-Force. ...
    ... could we be lookin' at a rearranging of the roster, with some of the current cast unavailable...

... for various reasons?

If so...

... who's in, who's out, ya think?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-15-2019 at 06:30 AM.