Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    For those reading The Terrifics, is true that Plastic Man's son, Off Spring, is also on the team? If so, when did he join, is Off Spring there for the long haul, and how his and Plastic Man's relationship been so far in the book?
    Yeah Offspring has been featured in the book. Plas is trying to reconnect with him after being stuck in that egg form for years as shown in Metal. Offspring was pissed that Plas had seemingly abandoned him and his mom. So they went through the father son reconciliation stuff. Offspring has suited up in costume and helped the team but they may still focus on the main four members going forward. Though Offspring and Phantom Girl having a romantic relationship would be cool. Plas playing the worried father and all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah Offspring has been featured in the book. Plas is trying to reconnect with him after being stuck in that egg form for years as shown in Metal. Offspring was pissed that Plas had seemingly abandoned him and his mom. So they went through the father son reconciliation stuff. Offspring has suited up in costume and helped the team but they may still focus on the main four members going forward. Though Offspring and Phantom Girl having a romantic relationship would be cool. Plas playing the worried father and all.
    Nice! That's an awesome turn that I didn't think would transpire in that series. In that case, I'm hoping Offspring will continue to/become a mainstay in the series, just to continue exploring the awesome potential available with both Plastic Man and Offspring in an ongoing together.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Joe Staton's Plastic Man series from Adventure Comics is by far my favorite Plas.

That's what I compare everything with him in it to.
    His run began in Adventure Comics #467 (January 1980)

from "Plastic Man in the Game of Death!"
    (Plastic Man #1 in 1943):

From DC's first attempt at a Plastic Man series =
    Plastic Man #1 (November-December 1966)

That run lasted until issue #10 (May-June 1968).

DC tried again in late 1975, with Plastic Man #11 (February-March 1976).

I've been reading Morrison's JLA, my first experience with Plas. And I really love him! Before that I thought he was kinda lame but he's really grown on me. As far as actors go, I've always pictured Jim Carrey playing him haha
    Last edited by Dog of War; 07-25-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

(from the previous version of this thread)

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XVIII (August 1986)

image.jpg
    No collections complete without Plas!
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Event Leviathan name dropped Plas's membership in the All-Star Squadron. Has Plastic Man's Golden Age seniority been restored again? I think him being around for so long is one of the interesting wrinkles that really helps distinguish him from Elongated Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Event Leviathan name dropped Plas's membership in the All-Star Squadron. Has Plastic Man's Golden Age seniority been restored again? I think him being around for so long is one of the interesting wrinkles that really helps distinguish him from Elongated Man.
    Since it's written by Bendis, I don't know if others will also pay attention to everything he throws into his stories in the future or if that's more like an Easter egg that may never come up again.

from Police Comics #2 (September 1941):

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Since it's written by Bendis, I don't know if others will also pay attention to everything he throws into his stories in the future or if that's more like an Easter egg that may never come up again.
    Knowing Bendis, it was either an Easter egg or a very different kind of All-Star Squadron.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Plastic Man smokes marijuana (Police Comics #5, December 1941):

Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-30-2019 at 09:09 PM.