Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I can only think of some Avengers like Falcon who will be in another movie this year, but not a book, or Quicksilver and whatnot. And then the Inhumans. Interesting question.
    Marvel is getting ready to roll out the Eternals and they have a speedster of their own so expect to see him come out of limbo. Quicksilver needs to stay in limbo until Marvel faces up to the fact that the character will always be compared to The Flash, and if they can't handle that don't bother showing up. I know it's unfair to say that, but why read Quicksilver when you can read The Flash? It's like choosing the Miata over Lamborghini.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The Black Knight
    Faiza
    Union Jack

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    The Young Avengers
    They're about to show up in Unstoppable Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Magik, Bellasco... oh wait... Maybe I misunderstood the question!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Blue Marvel
    Josiah X
    Cardiac
    Mar-vell
    Original Silver Surfer
    Another silver surfer comic is coming out this year in june and blue marvel was shown in one issue so far in avengers no road home this year.
    https://www.newsarama.com/44326-donn...fer-title.html
    Last edited by mace11; 03-30-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    The Young Avengers
    Hulkling and Wiccan are part of the supporting cast in the upcoming DEATH'S-HEAD limited series.

Extraordinary Member

To check for recent appearances for any marvel character check out marvel wiki,comicbookdb.com or comicvine.

Blue marvel has an appearance this year in one of the spider man comics.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...or_Appearances

Black knight is shown in Champions this year.
    Black Knight (Marvel)(03 - Dane Whitman) Champions (2016) - #27 Cover Date: February 2019
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=456539
    Last edited by mace11; 03-30-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    To check for recent appearances for any marvel character check out marvel wiki,comicbookdb.com or comicvine.

Black Knight (Marvel)(03 - Dane Whitman) Champions (2016) - #27 Cover Date: February 2019
    I wouldn't say the Black Knight really appeared as he was in one panel without any dialogue.

Thanks for the info though.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Apparences doesn't mean they are not in limbo, From example Spectrum is showing up in Avengers no road home but isn't cast member in regular ongoing. So once that book is over she is gone. Once a character is not a regular in ongoing they are limbo. If you don't know for sure when you are going to see a character they are in limbo

My Picks

Hank Pym
    Spectrum
    Blue Marvel
    Sentry
    Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Apparences doesn't mean they are not in limbo, From example Spectrum is showing up in Avengers no road home but isn't cast member in regular ongoing. So once that book is over she is gone. Once a character is not a regular in ongoing they are limbo. If you don't know for sure when you are going to see a character they are in limbo
    But if you look at what the OP said:"Who are the 5 most popular characters (hero) that aren't in a book currently and likely won't appear in a book this year?", I'm not sure your definition of limbo and his definition of limbo match up.

Perhaps JudicatorPrime could clarify?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Yes, definitely leaning on a strict definition of appearance without making any subjective critique as to the quality of said appearance. I realize that a character can appear in an issue only (or worse, as a one panel flashback/recap), yet still be considered a limbo character, as is the case of the aforementioned Blue Marvel. They need not be the featured characters in order to be disqualified.

Let's approach this as though we are new to comics. By some miracle we were gifted with a copy of every single book published in 2019. As we turn the pages, we'd gleefully jot down the names of every costumed adventurer that we see with the goal of learning more about them later. My hunch is that by year's end, our grasp of the Marvel Universe would still be rather limited. There would still be scores of characters, very popular and impactful characters, who never saw the light of day. Those are the characters that I'd like to see listed. I know that none of us has a crystal ball, but again, this isn't a scientific poll. Best guesses are fine.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Jack of Hearts
    Red Wolf
    Union Jack
    Tigra
    Shroud

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    Jack of Hearts
    Red Wolf
    Union Jack
    Tigra
    Shroud
    I feel like Red Wolf (and Nightshade/Tilda Johnson, and Living Lightning) were given the teensiest push, and then abandoned completely after No Surrender.

Tigra as well, appeared briefly in West Coast Avengers, and *shove*, back down the memory hole.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nova and Union Jack take my pick.
    Abigail Brand and SWORD, too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    The Black Knight
    Faiza
    Union Jack
    definitely agree with Dane and Faiza, thought captain britain and MI 13 was great while it lasted