Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default JSA REBIRTH: Speculation Thread and the facts so far

With Rebirth #1, we know that a "JSA' existed and so far two members have made an appearance that include Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson) and Johnny Thunder, including a link to T-Bolt.

We also know from the Rebirth promotional material that DC made reference to Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson), The Flash (Jay Garrick), Dr. Mid-nite (Charles McNider) and Hourman (Rex Tyler). Given that, there's probably a GOOD chance that these characters on the Rebirth poster will be involved in JSA REBIRTH!

This infograph, includes potential members from the New 52, DC You and Rebirth...

However who will be the other members? Will it be a classic JSA or something more akin to pre-flashpoint?

Let that speculations begin!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    With Rebirth #1, we know that a "JSA' existed and so far two members have made an appearance that include Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson) and Johnny Thunder, including a link to T-Bolt.

We also know from the Rebirth promotional material that DC made reference to Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson), The Flash (Jay Garrick), Dr. Mid-nite (Charles McNider) and Hourman (Rex Tyler). Given that, there's probably a GOOD chance that these characters on the Rebirth poster will be involved in JSA REBIRTH!

This infograph, includes potential members from the New 52, DC You and Rebirth...

However who will be the other members? Will it be a classic JSA or something more akin to pre-flashpoint?

Let that speculations begin!
    You want to know something? If you included Alan, Rex and Charles in that picture of yours, it would make for a cool Justice Society if I do say so myself!

I forgot to include the classic Black Canary (Dinah Drake/Lance) as well... and sin, I forgot to include Jay Garrick in the image!

Given that Power Girl is on 'Earth 2', I doubt she will become a member unless that book is cancelled.
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 07-02-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Astonishing Member

It seems that Johnny Thunder did something to the JSA to make them disappear and be forgotten by the world in 1951. So it does seem like that's the line-up they're aiming for.

One theory I read somewhere which sounded interesting was that Johnny Thunder's spell caused the world to forget about the JSA and the JSA to forget about their heroic identities as well as lose their powers. And that when the spell is broken in the present day, they'll not only regain their powers and memories, but default back to the age they were in 1951.

Another theory is that the JSA will be pulled forward in time from 1951 ala All New X-men.

BANNED

Or they were just on ice (like captain america),have 5 JSA members from the past get dethawed and start heroing again with the young heroes.this way you can have a young alan with his two young adult kids,and al can be Damages father.

Yes I know the ages and ww2 timing doesn't match up,but i would like to have everything work,even if they are not from ww2 era,but Vietnam era.

Johnny's mention of the HUAC hearings puts a nail in the coffin of “Vietnam or later” theories, as does Wally's description of them as secret heroes who helped end WWⅡ.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    I forgot to include the classic Black Canary (Dinah Drake/Lance) as well... and sin, I forgot to include Jay Garrick in the image!

Given that Power Girl is on 'Earth 2', I doubt she will become a member unless that book is cancelled.
    Note that Mr. Terrific is on Earth 2, too.

Helena Bertinelli, Tanya Spears, and Katar Hol have about as much connection to the Justice Society as Barry Allen and Hal Jordan do.

Jim Corrigan and Dinah Drake would need some retconning to connect to the JSA, as both have been given much more recent origins.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Retired

Pre-Crisis, there were Jims Corrigan on multiple Earths. But my understanding is that the Spectre spanned all these realities. Post-Crisis, wasn't the Spectre supposed to be a very old spirit?

And will the Spectre be forced to wear pants or can he get away with wearing trunks over his dead-white skin (perhaps the coolest thing about the doggone cool Spectre)?

Wasn't the "Huntress" in the JSA in the past Helena WAYNE . . . why include the Helena Berinelli version in this?

(And, really, we have ALMOST NO FACTS at present about an eventual "JSA Rebirth" beyond "it's suppose to happen sometime in the future".)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wasn't the "Huntress" in the JSA in the past Helena WAYNE . . . why include the Helena Bernitelli version in this?
    That's what I meant when I said that she belongs here about as much as Hal Jordan or Barry Allen does.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (And, really, we have ALMOST NO FACTS at present about an eventual "JSA Rebirth" beyond "it's suppose to happen sometime in the future".)
    And this is a spec⋅u⋅la⋅tion thread. Speculation, by definition, operates outside the realm of firm evidence.
    Rogue wears rouge.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

i'm confident that we'll get a JSA title sooner or later, i'm not worried about that.
    actually there are two things i'm very worried about:

1- DC's compulsion to redesign the appearances and costumes of their characters to make them look "modern" even when the character isn't supposed to be "modern".

2- Johnny Thunder, i love Johnny Thunder i really do, but he is portrayed as a very old dude, he is in no shape to rejoin the JSA, i don't want to read about a new guy replacing Johnny, i want to read about Johnny Thunder and his JSA pals!
    Last edited by dr-brainwave; 07-02-2016 at 02:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Johnny's mention of the HUAC hearings puts a nail in the coffin of “Vietnam or later” theories, as does Wally's description of them as secret heroes who helped end WWⅡ.

Ok so have jade,obsidian,aND Damage be alan anD Al's grandkids.I am a comic fan so I'll just say "I want what I want" and leave it like that lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    i'm confident that we'll get a JSA title sooner or later, i'm not worried about that.
    actually there are two things i'm very worried about:

1- DC's compulsion to redesign the appearance and costumes of their character to make them look "modern" even when the character isn't supposed to be "modern".

2- Johnny Thunder, i love Johnny Thunder i really do, but he is portrayed as a very old dude, he is in no shape to rejoin the JSA, i don't want to read about a new guy replacing Johnny, i want to read about Johnny Thunder and his JSA pals!

That magic thunderbolt might just make the old.dude young again,you never know

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That magic thunderbolt might just make the old.dude young again,you never know
    if they do that, i'd be pleasantly surprised, but i don't dare being optimistic, they already mentionned his great grandson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    if they do that, i'd be pleasantly surprised, but i don't dare being optimistic, they already mentionned his great grandson.

That is true.so maybe Johnny will be around just to find and reignite the team again,then pass the thunderbolt on to his grandson