Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Amazing Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default Would the DCEU Earth have been better off if Kal had never existed?

    Zod never goes to Earth
    Doomsday is never created
    Lex doesn't summon Steppenwolf

    Am I wrong or has his involvement has caused more harm than good.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Coal Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    You could say that for nearly any superhero.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,016

    Default

    There was a Kryptonian outpost on Earth before Clark was even sent there. Zod would have come to Earth eventually and he likely would have succeeded in destroying humans if Clark wasn't around to help repel the invasion.

  4. #4
    Amazing Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There was a Kryptonian outpost on Earth before Clark was even sent there. Zod would have come to Earth eventually and he likely would have succeeded in destroying humans if Clark wasn't around to help repel the invasion.
    Zod only went to Earth because Clark activated the beacon on the Kryptonian ship.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Zod only went to Earth because Clark activated the beacon on the Kryptonian ship.
    He was already looking for outposts before that.

  6. #6
    Amazing Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He was already looking for outposts before that.
    He explained to Clark that after finding the other outposts he had been waiting for 33 years until Clark activated the beacon. He didn't know about the Earth outpost till then or didn't care.

    The only reason Zod wanted to terraform Earth was to recreate Krypton with the codex. No Clark means no codex so he even if went to Earth he would just collect the Kryptonian ship and leave.

  7. #7
    Amazing Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59
    Last edited by Superbat; 03-31-2019 at 02:20 AM.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Pretty much every version of Superman creates more problems than he actually ends up solving. The point of the character from the Golden Age was to help people solve the problems that plagued the Earth but by the end of the Golden Age this aspect of the character was being relegated to guy who deal with supernatural phenomenons. The late golden age/ Silver then boosted the living hell out of his powerlevels which precipitated a similar boost in his villains. Then the modern age decided to remind us that comics aren't just for kids and started tropes like Superman gets into a fight that levels buildings and what not.

    IIRC there was a villain who specifically existed in Post-Crisis canon because of the destruction of the Superman/Doomsday fight killed his wife, there was a detective that looked like Clark who was murdered by the Intergang for being near his apartment, then there was the whole thing with Conduit who was specifically trying to kill Clark Kent because he hated him. Also there was a late Silver Age story where Superman basically ran into an opponent he couldn't beat who wouldn't leave unless he quit, which Superman did and the world miraculously stopped being plagued with all the villains and what not ( I hate that story).

    Really the Justice League has people like Martian Manhunter and Superman who are the result of devastated homeworlds you would think they would have an incentive to be more involved but they just don't seem to care beyond resetting things to neutral unless it actively affects them.
    Last edited by The World; 03-31-2019 at 03:49 AM.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Super hero comics...even the “sophisticated” ones really don’t shades of grey.

    Either super heroes just stick to fighting crime or alien invasions...or if they get involved in bigger issues typically the super heroes go to the extreme of taking over completely..the route pictured in the Authoritary.

    All the possibilities in between..like some one with Superman’s powers devoting himself to large scale engineering projects, for example, never get more than a passing nod.

  10. #10
    Amazing Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Other versions of Superman have created problems down the line but they have also ended up saving the world and sometimes the Universe from threats that had nothing to do with them. In the DCEU, the threats in MOS, BvS and JL are only there because of Superman.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Other versions of Superman have created problems down the line but they have also ended up saving the world and sometimes the Universe from threats that had nothing to do with them. In the DCEU, the threats in MOS, BvS and JL are only there because of Superman.
    Steppenwolf's several millennia long plan to recover the Mother Boxes from Men, Atlanteans and Amazons has nothing to do with Superman. If anything, Superman's presence on Earth was what kept the New Gods at bay. They didn't want to tangle with the Man on Steel. With the curb stomping Supes gave Steppenwolf, it's easy to see why.

    Considering it to the combined effort of the Atlanteans, Mankind, Amazons, Old Gods and a GL to drive Steppenwolf away the last time.

  12. #12
    Amazing Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Steppenwolf's several millennia long plan to recover the Mother Boxes from Men, Atlanteans and Amazons has nothing to do with Superman. If anything, Superman's presence on Earth was what kept the New Gods at bay. They didn't want to tangle with the Man on Steel. With the curb stomping Supes gave Steppenwolf, it's easy to see why.

    Considering it to the combined effort of the Atlanteans, Mankind, Amazons, Old Gods and a GL to drive Steppenwolf away the last time.
    Steppenwolf's 2nd attack on Earth was because Lex contacted him through the Kryptonian ship, and that was only possible because of the events of MOS.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Steppenwolf's 2nd attack on Earth was because Lex contacted him through the Kryptonian ship, and that was only possible because of the events of MOS.
    Lex was already infected by the New Gods prior to getting access to the ship. Remember, the New Gods had been on Earth prior to Superman's arrival. With Superman dead, they knew it was safe to come back.

  14. #14
    Amazing Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Lex was already infected by the New Gods prior to getting access to the ship. Remember, the New Gods had been on Earth prior to Superman's arrival. With Superman dead, they knew it was safe to come back.
    If Superman was the only reason Steppenwolf hadn't launched his 2nd attack, he could have done it before Clark arrived on Earth or when he was still a child.

    Lex was only able to send the signal because he had access to the ship, and the ship only worked because Clark activated it in MOS.

    That's what the deleted scene from BvS is.

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Steppenwolf's several millennia long plan to recover the Mother Boxes from Men, Atlanteans and Amazons has nothing to do with Superman. If anything, Superman's presence on Earth was what kept the New Gods at bay. They didn't want to tangle with the Man on Steel. With the curb stomping Supes gave Steppenwolf, it's easy to see why.

    Considering it to the combined effort of the Atlanteans, Mankind, Amazons, Old Gods and a GL to drive Steppenwolf away the last time.
    That was always a stupid plot hole to me the mother boxes where on Earth for 30 thousand years and he returned because humanity was weak and scared over Superman's death. We went threw Plagues, Genocides World Wars, Nuclear War Scares, Assassinations, Empires Falling, but it's the death of Superman who only was on Earth a few decades and the public was divided on that brought him to Earth. To Quote Dr. Evil "Riggghhht"

    As for would the world had been better without Superman in the DCEU can't say 100% yes but the world definitely would had been better off without the Codex.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •